Author Topic: BROWN SUGAR soundtrack  (Read 309 times)

themovie

BROWN SUGAR soundtrack
« on: August 06, 2002, 08:21:28 PM »
For those needing some new Mos Def material, the upcoming soundtrack to Brown Sugar will hold you over for a little while. The rapper will have four new songs, including one as Black Star, on the soundtrack, along with new songs from Erykah Badu, Common, The Roots, DJ Hi-Tek, Jill Scott, and others. The soundtrack will hit stores on September 24, while the film will hit theatres on October 11.

Brown Sugar tells the story of Dre (Taye Diggs) and Sidney (Sanaa Lathan). They attribute their friendship and the launch of their careers to one single childhood moment ... witnessing the day they met hip-hop on a New York street corner. Now some 15 years later, she is a revered music critic and he is a successful, though unfulfilled, music executive. As they lay down the tracks toward their futures, hip-hop isn't the only thing that keeps them coming back to that moment on the corner.

Here's the track listing for the soundtrack :

Brown Sugar (Fine) - Mos Def
Love of My Life (An Ode to Hip Hop) - Erykah Badu featuring Common
Bring Your Heart - Angie Stone
Brown Sugar (Raw) - Black Star
Easy Conversation - Jill Scott
It's Going Down - Blackalicious (featuring Lateef the Truth Speaker and KeKe Wyatt)
Breakdown - Mos Def
No One Knows Her Name - Hi-Tek featuring Big D and Piakhan
Paid In Full (7 Minutes of Madness Remix) - Eric B. & Rakim
You Make Life So Good - Rashaan Patterson
Act Too (Love of My Life Remix) - The Roots
Never Been - Mary J. Blige
Brown Sugar (Super Fine) - Mos Def featuring Faith Evans

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Dope news.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 07:08:15 PM »
Thanks for the info, man.

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: BROWN SUGAR soundtrack
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 05:33:12 AM »
w00t, looks like this could be a beast of a soundtrack  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.