Author Topic: health/working out  (Read 1964 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: health/working out
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
Like Johnny said if you wanna gain weight than lots of carbs, proteins and healthy fatt, try to keep them in 1:1:1. Then you weight yourself every week, once a day, it has to be the same day every week and same hours (for example: every Tuesday at 20.00). And if you are gaining wieght then it's cool, if not, you increase the dose of carbs. I can't give you an exact number, everybody has a different body, metabolism, that's why you need to weigh yourself.

And yeah, you can sweets every know and then, that's normal. Try to keep it at the minimum and if you're gonna eat proper, you'll see that you won't miss it at all. And you're trying to gain wieght, so it's not that big of a deal for you anyway. Im trying to lose 5 kg and I still "cheat" every 2 weeks with shit like McDonalds, chocolate, ice cream... To eat 100% proper all the time is impossible, unless you have zero social life because at every party or whatever there's always some bullshit to eat.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:14:13 PM by Meho »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »
Working out is so simple but people are too naive and careless to get some results in the end. To tell it quickly there's 3 things you need to take care of:

a) When working out, do the excersises correctly. When you're in a gym like 90% of the people around you do it wrong. As men, we have big egos, so we put mad weights on to look cool but that shit is just hurting you and you're never gonna develop like you oughta. Just check bench press for example, so many people put too much weight and as a result, when doing bench, their shoulders and triceps are doing most of the work and not chests like it's suppose to.

b) Change your workout routine every month and within that month change the order of excersises you are doing every week. Because if you don't do that, you'r muscles get used to it and you don't develop.

c) And most importantly: proper food! Especially when you wanna get cut you have to be on a strict diet for couple of weeks, whichs means lots of proteins like 2/3grams per pound of bodywieght (so that you don't lose your muscle mass, while being on a diet) (meat, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, protein shakes), very little carbs like 1g per pound your body weight (and you eat them only in the morning and before and after the workout) (rice, vegetables) and healthy fat (nuts and shit like that, olive oil, fish oil). If your trying to gains muscle mass then you can lower your proteins for a little bit and add more carbs. The goal is to have 6,7 meals in a day, every 2,3 hours. And drink lots of water!

But working out is a learning process, you learn new things every day.

yeah u know whats up...however your example of the bench press, I don't know how u can use ur shoulders and tri's more than chest.

BTW who is that girl?

What I mean by that is some people put mad weight on and the actual push is being made by shoulder, triceps and of course some chests. But if you put normal weight, you can really isolate the muscle and you can easilly tell the difference. I used to do the same but now I do it like it's suppose to and the diffence is huge.

The chick is Christina Millian 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 04:21:21 PM »
Working out is so simple but people are too naive and careless to get some results in the end. To tell it quickly there's 3 things you need to take care of:

a) When working out, do the excersises correctly. When you're in a gym like 90% of the people around you do it wrong. As men, we have big egos, so we put mad weights on to look cool but that shit is just hurting you and you're never gonna develop like you oughta. Just check bench press for example, so many people put too much weight and as a result, when doing bench, their shoulders and triceps are doing most of the work and not chests like it's suppose to.
Yup, that's why you got all these guys at the gym benching 375, but they have no development in the pectoral muscle. I'm sure if I pushed my limits, I could do the same. I only bench a little more than my body weight (about 160-180 lbs) but I do the full motion of the muscle and give it a complete workout so I see lots of development.

Who the fuck wants to impress a bunch of dudes at the gym anyways?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »
Sure. Right now I'm doing only about 60kg/130lbs but I take 3 seconds to put the weight down, hold it for 3 seconds in that maximum muscle contraction and then lift it up for 3 seconds. That's very little wieght but that shit hurts like a motherfucker but it's that good pain.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »
Sure. Right now I'm doing only about 60kg/130lbs but I take 3 seconds to put the weight down, hold it for 3 seconds in that maximum muscle contraction and then lift it up for 3 seconds. That's very little wieght but that shit hurts like a motherfucker but it's that good pain.

yeah its important too not do the exiercisde too fast.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »

Ya you want that feeling where you know your working it. I see all kinda of shit in the gym. Some kids just fuckin doing there set like there late for a meeting or something, its like relax buddy, your not getting the full potential of your set if your tryna finish it in 5 seconds lol. Do the exercises nice and slow (not too slow, you'll know wuts 2 slow and whats not) with a moderate weight and make sure your doing it properly. I always see people pick up a fuckin 40 pound dumbell and just throw it around like an idiot, using there back and everything to pick it up LOL. The gym aint no fuckin weight lifting contest, lift what you can lift and you'll see some solid gains. And Meho, ya, i dont really like the bench press, your using mainly your shoulders and tri's. Thats why i only bring it half way up now and back down, the last 50% going up, your using only your tri's. But if your doing chest/tri's on the same day then its all good!!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »
So how im gonna start counting protein and calories starting today.

So i read non some sites calories is yuor weight times 15 or 20 and protein is you weight times 0.8.

NOw my other trip was , what about olive oil, when you bread somethihg ( does the batter and egg count) ...stuff like that.

Anther thing too say tonights im suppose to be eating mac and cheese..how the hell im i suppose to calculate that?

OchoCinco

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 06:25:17 PM »
ye im on that bodybuilding.com site for a bit....i started workin out like late december and damn im lovin it...well the results neways...i always been a skinny mofo so in like 6 months ive gained 15lbs of basically all muscle...and the comments from people taht u aint seen in a while make it worth the while

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »
i got the illest bicep routine, or tricep routine ever

meho , got it right

GYM = STIMULUS

EATING/SLEEPING RIGHT = GROWTH

ill never stop working out i love getting stronger and that feeling that you get when you walk out of the gym after your workouts' is PRICELESS. that certain euphoria that you get..

if your just starting out, dont let others ruin your confidence if they are doing more weight than you are.. the most important thing when your starting out is doing the appropriate ammount of weight with the correct movement/posture.. its alot of dudes some big dudes out there also that just swing there bodies around lol with the weight.. ooh and make sure you do isolation excercises like my fav as of late seated INCLINE (with ur head against the cushion) Hammer Curls.... also do preacher curls make sure u put your arms above the cushion where its touching your arm pit thats the correct way to do em....
ima give you 2 dope excercises for building sick tri's...  CLOSE GRIP INCLINE BENCH PRESSES and DECLINE SKULL CRUSHERS those are the shit
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:47:10 PM by NauticaICE »

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 07:34:32 PM »
^^Decline Skull Crushers for the win lol, one of the best tri exercises out there!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »
since im not smoking no more i juz eat home cooked foods or resturant foods which is better tahn eating fast food. thorugh out the week i work out chest tri 1 day, bicep back 2nd, 3rd shoulders, 4th lower back n legs, 5th chest tri. n i do stomach excercises and run after everytime.

n  ive seen lotta improvement, prob see more if i didnt drink on the weekends. do freeweights fuck the machines. but some are good cuz it isolates the muscle.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 02:54:56 AM »
i train and compete in brazilian jiu jitsu and submission wrestling, before that i was boxing,,

i got a membership at the gym next to my work 10 days ago and still havent been there lol!i find it so fucking boring just lifting weights in front of a mirror :-\

but imma go anyway since i dont have time training my usual stuff right now because of my working hours

Intriago33

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 05:47:48 AM »
What I mean by that is some people put mad weight on and the actual push is being made by shoulder, triceps and of course some chests. But if you put normal weight, you can really isolate the muscle and you can easilly tell the difference. I used to do the same but now I do it like it's suppose to and the diffence is huge.

Exactly. This is exactly what I did at first, but my watching some instructional videos online I have mastered the proper technique. It takes time though, if you're learning from scratch and working out alone then it takes a long time for all this new information and techniques to be stored.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 05:54:28 AM »
Yeah I never had a personal trainer or anything, I learned everything by myself, which takes longer but it's probably more exciting that way, than to know everything from the scratch. I am still learning a lot and like somebody else said, going to the gym is one of the best feelings in the world, I'm gonna do it as long as my body can take it.

Intriago33

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 06:08:54 AM »
Yeah I never had a personal trainer or anything, I learned everything by myself, which takes longer but it's probably more exciting that way, than to know everything from the scratch. I am still learning a lot and like somebody else said, going to the gym is one of the best feelings in the world, I'm gonna do it as long as my body can take it.

I am still struggling somewhat with my nutrition side of things though atm.
I weigh 180lb, and want to put on lean muscle. I don't want to have to bulk 20lbs and then cut again if I don't have to. I have about 11% body fat atm.

I usually take between 180-220g of Protein per day, but I am stuck with how much Carbs and Fats I should take daily, can someone help me here?
I feel like I might be taking too much/too little at times.
I eat the right stuff - oatmeal, wholegrain rice etc, but I dont have the exact ratio down yet..

I have been really slacking the last 3 weeks - no gym and excess alcohol has messed me up big time in terms of development, I have took some serious steps back and I am looking to rectify it from this weekend onwards.
Another problem I have is that my diet is excellent, but only 5 days a week.. Saturday I am out all day drinking, and Sunday is recovery day so I don't take in many calories at all.. i think this is hurting my progress big time.