Author Topic: health/working out  (Read 1959 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: health/working out
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 06:31:07 AM »
I hear you about the diet thing and the days you fuck it up. I take it as something normal, we're young, we go to partys all the time, like I've said before, in order to keep a strict diet for a month or two, you would have zero social life.

About nutrition, I'm also still learning about it, I actually want to make it my career. Like untill this year, I ate like 50% right, just the basic, logic food I thought was the right thing. But I studied about it in Feb., March for a while, learned a lot and I'm gonna finish it as soon as I finish with my exams.

About carbs, you have 2 sections (I am on a diet btw):

a) on the day of the workout: I take 50g of oat meals in the morning, 50/100g of oatmeals before the workout and rice and vegetables 1 hour after the workout = everything  amoutns to about 140/150 grams of carbs per day
b)on the day when I don't workout: 50g of oatmeals in the morning and rice and vegetables in 1 meal = everything amounts to about 100g of carbs or lower

And this shit works like a charm, I started it about 2,3 weeks ago and went from 103 kg to 98kg's. I want to get to 95kg's by the beginning of July, which shouldn't be a problem. But you have to eat a lot of proteins and healthy fatt, so that you don't lose to many muscle mass, while being on a diet.

Intriago33

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 07:35:27 AM »
I hear you about the diet thing and the days you fuck it up. I take it as something normal, we're young, we go to partys all the time, like I've said before, in order to keep a strict diet for a month or two, you would have zero social life.

About nutrition, I'm also still learning about it, I actually want to make it my career. Like untill this year, I ate like 50% right, just the basic, logic food I thought was the right thing. But I studied about it in Feb., March for a while, learned a lot and I'm gonna finish it as soon as I finish with my exams.

a) on the day of the workout: I take 50g of oat meals in the morning, 50/100g of oatmeals before the workout and rice and vegetables 1 hour after the workout = everything  amoutns to about 140/150 grams of carbs per day
b)on the day when I don't workout: 50g of oatmeals in the morning and rice and vegetables in 1 meal = everything amounts to about 100g of carbs or lower

And this shit works like a charm, I started it about 2,3 weeks ago and went from 103 kg to 98kg's. I want to get to 95kg's by the beginning of July, which shouldn't be a problem. But you have to eat a lot of proteins and healthy fatt, so that you don't lose to many muscle mass, while being on a diet.

Yeah see I am taking a hell of a lot more carbs, and I am eating carbs still too late in the day - having sweat potatoe with salmon as one of my last meals is not ideal.
I usually take 60-80g of Oatmeal with a Banana for breakfast, 4 slices of wholemeal bread, 120g of rice or pasta and 1/2 sweet potatoes and veg at night, thats roughly an average day in terms of carb consumption for me.

I think I need to start taking more fats later in the day, and more protein through the course of the day. How good is Flaxseed Oil? I have not read up on that too much.

You said you eat an hour after you work out, but do you take a PWO shake immediately after you finish the gym?
I am taking a custom made formula of: 30% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, 30% Maltodextrin, 30% Dextrose, 5% Creatine, 5% BCAA's.

I take 50g of that formula immediately to recover, then eat something like two fillets of salmon and wholegrain rice about 1hr 30mins later.

+1 for dropping knowledge.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 08:27:23 AM »
I was in a good rhythm of working out and then  I got sick and have not been to the gym in a week,  I am feeling better today though,  might see if I can make it today sometime.

DIP DIP SET SET

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 08:48:46 AM »

Yeah see I am taking a hell of a lot more carbs, and I am eating carbs still too late in the day - having sweat potatoe with salmon as one of my last meals is not ideal.
I usually take 60-80g of Oatmeal with a Banana for breakfast, 4 slices of wholemeal bread, 120g of rice or pasta and 1/2 sweet potatoes and veg at night, thats roughly an average day in terms of carb consumption for me.

I think I need to start taking more fats later in the day, and more protein through the course of the day. How good is Flaxseed Oil? I have not read up on that too much.

You said you eat an hour after you work out, but do you take a PWO shake immediately after you finish the gym?
I am taking a custom made formula of: 30% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, 30% Maltodextrin, 30% Dextrose, 5% Creatine, 5% BCAA's.

I take 50g of that formula immediately to recover, then eat something like two fillets of salmon and wholegrain rice about 1hr 30mins later.

+1 for dropping knowledge.

I take whey protein right after the workout, the ideal combo would be like you have with BCAA and Maltodextrin but it just wouldn't work for me financial wise and as long as I live with my parents, I'm gonna try to eat as much natural food as possible and go easy on the powders.
And yeah 1h and a half after the workout a meal that involves proteins, complex carbs and vegetables, you have a good one.
Potatoes as your last meal will definetly fuck it up, just like you said, try to eat carbs only in the morning and during the day and helthy fat at night.

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Nice thread idea.

I started with old man's 10lb DB's again bout two weeks ago after noticing my upper arms were looking Calista Flockhart-skinny when I flexed them.  :-X  :-\ Eventually googled 'bodybuilding' and sure enough bodybuilding.com has been my first and only port of call. It's got great articles on there, just read one the other day about how to target specific muscle groups which is exactly what I'm after!

Been sticking to certain foods after reading another article; wholemeal bread for sandwiches with chicken or tuna as filler. Drinking water more instead of Irn Bru (Addictive-ass Scottish soda) and trying to have an apple, banana or even a tangarine instead of chocolate bars or any other shit. Lucky in that my dinners are usually something with freshly cooked beef or chicken but I'm really struggling to think what else I can eat. Veggies?  ???

All I really want to do is bulk up on my upper arms but I've never experimented with multi-vitamins or creatine, etc. Been working out* at home one day on and one day off for about two weeks now to try and allow it to develop some. *Like one isolated tricep exercise a day for an hour with small breaks, ie. Monday - Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdowns, Tues - Rest, Wed - Seated Overhead Barbell Tricep Extensions, Thurs -Rest, etc.

What u guys in the know think? To little for a beginner? What else could I or should I be eating to bulk up my guns!?  :-[

I keep reading that oatmeal is good, and beans too?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:13:14 PM by Woozie »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
Beans is great. Tuna and oisters too as well as cottage cheese full of proteins.

Yo i was ta the store the otehr day and hoesnlty what the hell is the difference between wihte and brown bread for real i was looking at the back and its alays the sameshit.

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »
I think I'll give the oysters a pass!  :P

No idea about the difference with the breads man but the health gurus swear by it for some reason.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »
Yeah I never had a personal trainer or anything, I learned everything by myself, which takes longer but it's probably more exciting that way, than to know everything from the scratch. I am still learning a lot and like somebody else said, going to the gym is one of the best feelings in the world, I'm gonna do it as long as my body can take it.

I am still struggling somewhat with my nutrition side of things though atm.
I weigh 180lb, and want to put on lean muscle. I don't want to have to bulk 20lbs and then cut again if I don't have to. I have about 11% body fat atm.

I usually take between 180-220g of Protein per day, but I am stuck with how much Carbs and Fats I should take daily, can someone help me here?
I feel like I might be taking too much/too little at times.
I eat the right stuff - oatmeal, wholegrain rice etc, but I dont have the exact ratio down yet..

I have been really slacking the last 3 weeks - no gym and excess alcohol has messed me up big time in terms of development, I have took some serious steps back and I am looking to rectify it from this weekend onwards.
Another problem I have is that my diet is excellent, but only 5 days a week.. Saturday I am out all day drinking, and Sunday is recovery day so I don't take in many calories at all.. i think this is hurting my progress big time.

You can stay at about 11-13% bf if you want and still be gaining lean body mass, you dont have to keep on bulking and cutting if you dont want too. BUT your diets gotta be 1000% strict and your training has to be really good too. Do cardio like 3 times a week, make sure your lifting enough and not too much, dont cheat as often. If you keep on doing that, you wont have to keep bulking and cutting. You'll be gaining mainly muscle with VERY little fat!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 01:32:56 AM »
when is it good to take protein shakes? after or before your work out?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 02:23:51 AM »

Before and after, before because while you workout your muscles will be getting fed, but more so after because your muscles are gonna be feinin to get fed even more. Eat a good carb/protein meal 30-45 minutes before your workout and then after your workout take the shake!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2008, 10:26:15 AM »

Bruce Lee said never to fuck with protein shakes...it's optimal if you can get all those nutrients naturally.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »

Bruce Lee said never to fuck with protein shakes...it's optimal if you can get all those nutrients naturally.

Good for him, nowadays we all take em playa, theres nothin wrong with them. Of course you should try to eat natural protein but its all good!!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »
is there any side effects with taking protein?

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »
is there any side effects with taking protein?

Haha no man, none at all. Its just protein, you eat it every single day LOL. Theres side affects with those preformance enhancers and all that stuff like No Xplode, Super Pump, Nano Vapour, that kinda shit. I would reccomend getting On Whey's Gold Standard protein, one of the best out there!!!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2008, 02:33:27 PM »
You must take whey proteins right after the workout because the muscle's need em and whey proteins get in your blood circulation very fast, that's why you take them only right after the workout. And they're harmless, like Johnny said you use them everyday and every athlete takes them. Besides that I take fish oil caps (they're really hard to get from normal food, pluis they're really good for you heart, chorestelol level, vain system), multvitamins and a mix of different proteins (just in case I have a busy day, you take them instead of a normal food protein meal).

BTW somebody should sticky this topic, so that it's like an official workout section on Dubcc.