Author Topic: Nas Sets Release For God's Son  (Read 351 times)

themovie

Nas Sets Release For God's Son
« on: August 12, 2002, 08:40:54 PM »
While it may have seemed like Nas was keeping an uncharacteristically low profile since his very vocal disputes with radio stations and rival rappers earlier this summer, the Queensbridge MC was, in fact, silent but not sleeping.

Nas announced on Monday (August 12) that he'll be releasing a new album, called God's Son, on November 19.

While the album's final tracks have not been selected, the former Nasty Nas has been recording with Large Professor (one of the trackmasters who worked on his debut album, Illmatic), as well as Alchemist and Murder Inc.'s Irv Gotti.

And speaking of Gotti, does his involvement in God's Son mean it's true that Nas is now part of the Murder Inc. family? Well, on the one hand, there is a street-leaked song which features Nas claiming allegiance to "the I.N.C."  but at the same time, Nas' latest statement details that his new album will be released on Ill Will/Columbia Records, with no mention of any Murder Inc. signing at all.

So, if he is or if he will be, it's still hard to tell. Nas did, however, squash any rumors that he is leaving Columbia Records, stating, "I've always had a great relationship with Columbia and look forward to making records with them for the rest of my career."

However, when it comes to last week's pay-per-view challenge issued by rival Jay-Z on New York's radio waves (see "Jay-Z Challenges Nas To Pay-Per-View Battle During Radio Takeover"), Nas had a far more direct response: "Pay-per-view is for wrestlers and boxers. I make records. If Jay-Z wants to battle, he should drop his album the same day I do and let the people decide."

As of last week, Jay's The Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse was scheduled for release on November 5, two weeks before Nas' LP is set to drop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: Nas Sets Release For God's Son
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 09:29:22 PM »
LOL......yea drop em on tha same day, that'll be tha shit......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 12:07:16 AM »
DOPE NEWS!

I just hope that Ja Rule stays away from the album, and evrything will be allright.

Alchemist and Large Professor doing production. Dope :D

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 05:23:14 AM »
I'm lookin forward to this album, even if it'll be released on Murder INC, Alchemist and Large Professor doin the production with Nas' lyrics over their beats will still be dope, no matter what

bez

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2002, 08:27:33 AM »
yupo dope news

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2002, 10:04:05 AM »
I hope Nas comes to his senses before this album drops and doesn't include any tracks Gotti has tampered with. Other than that this is some good news.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2002, 10:26:34 AM »
another nastradamus. he can't make good albums quickly. he needs time.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2002, 11:29:58 AM »
Dope news mayne.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2002, 04:05:33 PM »
However, when it comes to last week's pay-per-view challenge issued by rival Jay-Z on New York's radio waves (see "Jay-Z Challenges Nas To Pay-Per-View Battle During Radio Takeover"), Nas had a far more direct response: "Pay-per-view is for wrestlers and boxers. >>

LOL.. H.O.V.A. was right ..Nas dont want it with Hov..  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:) way to go Jigga--the throne is STILL yours.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2002, 06:14:08 PM »
However, when it comes to last week's pay-per-view challenge issued by rival Jay-Z on New York's radio waves (see "Jay-Z Challenges Nas To Pay-Per-View Battle During Radio Takeover"), Nas had a far more direct response: "Pay-per-view is for wrestlers and boxers. >>

LOL.. H.O.V.A. was right ..Nas dont want it with Hov..  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:) way to go Jigga--the throne is STILL yours.

yet most of ny is on nas's dick now,  not that i would kno tho even tho im from ny

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2002, 06:37:00 PM »
I hope Nas just sticks to Ill Will/Colombia House.  I don't like the idea of Irv Gotti producing his tracks or Ja Rule appearing in songs with him.  Right on for the news!  Can't wait for that shit!