Author Topic: Warren G. On Arrest: 'The Whole Thing's Bogus'  (Read 406 times)

Elano

Warren G. On Arrest: 'The Whole Thing's Bogus'
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:01:10 AM »
Famed Long Beach, California rapper and producer Warren G was arrested Sunday morning in Los Angeles for marijuana possession. After a moving violation in traffic, the 35 year-old's car was pulled over and searched, with the controlled substance was found. At the time of the incident, Warren was a passenger, although the car was reportedly registered to him.
Warren and the other man arrested were both released in the late morning yesterday, as both posted their $20,000 bail.
Warren G is remembered for being a founding member of 213 with Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg. As the step-brother of Dr. Dre, Warren is largely credited for being the one who brought Snoop to Dre, impacting rap history greatly. The rapper was also the first California-based artist on Def Jam Records to go platinum, largely due to the success of his 1994 hit "Regulate."
In the last 14 years, Warren G has struggled to recapture his initial success. His 1999 single "I Want It All" with Mack 10 did go platinum. Warren last released In The Mid-Nite Hour in 2005; the album featured then-protege Bishop Lamont on seven tracks. He has also produced songs for Thug Life, Chingy and Slick Rick.

hhdx
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 11:09:53 AM by Elano »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: Warren G Arrested For Marijuana Possession
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183253.0

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183277.0
^^Interview With G-Dubb regarding the incident coming soon.
Already posted!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
can you do anything right?

Elano

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
can you do anything right?

can you suck my dick ?

Elano

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »
After getting popped this weekend for possession in Hollywood, Warren G's reps issued this truly original statement to TMZ.

"They were in the Hollywood area for Kanye's party. He was a passenger asleep in the front seat when the car was pulled over. They charged him because he didn't debrief. Whatever was found wasn't his, it was in the car."

Elano

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »
Warren G. has set the record straight about reports of his recent arrest in an exclusive interview with AllHipHop.com.

The Long Beach MC, born Warren Griffin, was arrested in Hollywood around 2:00 am on Sunday (June 8).

The driver of the car, Ryan Butler, was stopped for allegedly running a red light.

Officers found Butler was driving with an expired license and upon searching the vehicle, Los Angeles police officers discovered an undetermined amount of marijuana and cash in the trunk of the vehicle.

“I was a passenger, I wasn’t driving," Warren G. told AllHipHop.com. "And we didn’t run a red light. We just happened to be in a long line of traffic on Hollywood Boulevard and got caught in the intersection. The whole thing was bogus."

When Warren, as the passenger, was unable to provide officers with details about the origins or ownership of the drugs, both he and Butler, 29, were taken into custody and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.

They were released approximately eight hours later on $20,000 bail each.

Warren G. is set to appear in court on July 3 to face the charges associated with the arrest.

“From what I’m hearing, what they said at the police station, it wasn’t even an ounce,” Warren G. revealed to AllHipHop.com. “They basically was just f**king with me because I’m Warren G. and they just wanted to get the publicity for arresting me.”

The Grammy-nominated is currently working on his sixth solo album, The G Files which is due out in September.

He expressed disappointed at the local media’s eagerness to report negative incident, one of the few in his 20-year-career.

“It’s not right,” Warren lamented. “They haven’t looked at the positive things that I do, like going down and talking to the kids in gang prevention programs. They don’t look at the things I do, like going down to the juvenile halls and talking to the kids. I do a lot of positive things. So for them to even say that I had marijuana is bogus. I could see if I had done something, but I didn’t do nothing.”

Warren G.’s current project is the Warren G Music Studio and Learning Center, a new program he is establishing with the city of Long Beach.

The facility will serve as an alternative to the loss of music curriculums in many area schools.

The Center will be housed in a space donated by the city of Long Beach, which will provide students the resources to not only master the instruments of their choice, but to also learn about production and the various career opportunities in the entertainment industry.

“I’m trying to get involved with the schools, ‘cause they’re cutting a lot of the music programs,” Warren G. told AllHipHop.com. “So I wanted to be able to open up the doors so kids can come and learn the saxophone or the piano, or learn to engineer and learn Pro-Tools. You know, or learn about being a manager, learn about publishing. Just anything you would want to know about music.”

An opening date for the center will be determined once Warren G. and Long Beach officials have settled on a location.

The first single from Warren G.'s upcoming album The G Files is titled “Ring Tone.”

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: Warren G. On Arrest: 'The Whole Thing's Bogus'
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:28:39 AM »
^^thanks, this is what you should have posted!
Props for the update!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

acgrundy

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »
damn, thats some bullshit.  Thats really cool what warren is doing for the community.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
damn, thats some bullshit.  Thats really cool what warren is doing for the community.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »
DUde is 35 and was making hits 15 years ago daaamn lol