Author Topic: Official Download: Bishop Lamont - The Confessional [Special Untagged Edition]!!  (Read 7278 times)

kuruptDPG

jus downloaded it, its good, need to listen to it properly though

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
jus downloaded it, its good, need to listen to it properly though

Exactyly man! Play it from start to finish, don't skip anything and pay attention. Turn it up and enjoy. If you just pick and choose, and not really fuck with it, you aint gonna like it. You gotta listen to Bishop properly in order to get the full effect outta him. Anyways, amazing fuckin tape that i've been waitin for. Thanks DubCNN!

Woodrow

Damn this is a tight tape.

I've had this on repeat for the past day and I think I'm gonna say that its his best one so far.

smegma

I listened to the whole thing today. I'm not so sure I'm listening to the same mixtape as the rest in here. Bishop Lamont has become a boring rapper. Standout tracks: "Can't Figure It Out", "Africa" and "Gorilla Pimpin". Maybe it'll be better on the 2nd listen.

KURUPTION-81

downloaded it but need to find the time to listen to it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
This shit is great.

I'm a big fan of Bishop and usually I have to spin every song of him at least a few times to let it grow on me, but this streetalbum is awesome. All the songs are more than dope to me.

I'll be listening to this alot the upcoming time.

Thanks Dubcnn & Bishop!

D~Nice

Nice mixtape. Bishop is raising the bar with these projects. Shit, I still bump N*gger Noize. Production is dope on this one as well, he has a good ear for beats.

Lunatic

Ain't had time to peep it, its been downloaded just waiting for me right there on da desktop lol

bout to bump it
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

after one listen, this shit is fuckin dope

LOL at the intro :D

Africa is a bangin ass track..this beat is unreal..gorilla pimpin 5008 is exactly that, some dope on futuristic shit..send a n home is UNREAL, i swear khalil is a beast on these boards, wow..city lights may be my fav track on da whole tape, unreal..once again khalil, wow

ghetto song is da first i wasnt really feelin..maybe it'll grow on me..what people do was another weak cut imo..one night is cool, def some album material..right is bangnin, storch did his thing..be cool is one of da most lyrical tracks i've heard in a while, wish bishop spit on it though

better than you is alright, nothing special at all..kissin tha curb is UNREAL, hope 'reformation' has a collabo with busta, this is cd material..the name is a weak cut, first rapper is weird as fuck..everyday is dope, i love when bishop gets deep like that (no homo)..

cant figure it out is yet another khalil laced classic ass joint..donkey kong savage is nice, danja does different type of beats for bishop it seems..why u wanna piss me off is kinda weak, man nottz sucked on this album..all on my dick is alright, pretty good

the greatest trick is hot..not good enough for a "dre beat" still a good track, so i could care less

overall another bangin ass tape from bishop ofcourse, 4 weak cuts, that aint bad at all - bumpin this one all day long fa sho!

D~Nice

I got to give it up to the westcoast the last year or 2 on the mixtapes/street album tip. Alot of the artists have put out banging material and Bishop IMO is in the forefront for that.

Lunatic

I got to give it up to the westcoast the last year or 2 on the mixtapes/street album tip. Alot of the artists have put out banging material and Bishop IMO is in the forefront for that.
o yeah, the west coast street albums have been off the fuckin chain in the last 2 yrs - way 2 many 2 name ;D

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
i just downloaded and dont see no dr dre any of them tracks? ??? ??? ??? ???

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)

Chad Vader

01. The Confessional - Prod. by Focus
Deleted
02. Africa (ft. Soul Nana) - Prod. by Bink
Dope beat,overall nice vibe
3.5/5
03. Gorilla Pimpin' 5008 (ft. Warren G, Busta Rhymes, Stat Quo & Ryan C Fresh) - Prod. by Mark Batson & Che
Dope,but why did they take off Stat´s verse?
4/5
04. Send A Nigga Home (ft. Denaun Porter) - Prod. by DJ Khalil
Banging
4/5
05. City Light (ft. Eric Of The New Royales) - Prod. by DJ Khalil
Dope beat,but the hook is  :-X,so;
Deleted
06. Ghetto Song (ft. YM) - Prod. by Nottz
07. What People Do - Prod. by Nottz
08. One Night (ft. Mike Ant) - Prod. by King Kornov
09. Right - Prod. by Scott Storch

Didn't like any of them so;
Deleted
10. Be Cool (ft. Xzibit, Ras Kass, Glasses Malone & Mykestro) - Prod. by Dae One
Banging
4/6
11. Better Than You - Prod. by Focus
Tight
4/5
12. Kissin' Tha Curb - Prod. by Jake One
Dope
3.5/5
13. The Name (ft. Dirty Birdy, Kida & Flii Stylz) - Prod. by Focus
Dirty birdy comes tight,but the handclaps is annoying as fuck.
Didn't Ludacriss use this sample on his first album? (dope sample)
Anyway,I can't stand the handclaps.. so;

Deleted

Edit found the track that Luda used the same sample on;
Ludacris Ft DTP - Growing Pains
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/crGYQJ4XGvU&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/crGYQJ4XGvU&amp;hl=en</a>

14. Everyday - Prod. by Diverse
Nice,a grower
4/5
15. Can't Figure It Out - Prod. by DJ Khalil & The New Royales
Dope,the lyrics is nice too
4/5
16. Donky Kong Savage - Prod. by Danja
The beat is fire,and Bishop flow on this is the best I've heard from him
4.5/5
17. Why U Wanna Piss Me Off - Prod. by Nottz
Hey,what's up with his first verse? Who is all these "old rappers" he talks about that needs to hang up the mic?
3/5
18. All On My Dick (ft. Taje & Indef) - Prod. by Tha Bizness
Tight,these three would make up a dope trio.
4/5
19. The Greatest Trick - Prod. by Denaun Porter & GOD
A chill beat
3.5/5

Bonus;
It hurts;
Dope beat,dope flow
4/5
oh my god
Deleted

Overall conclusion;
It's a pretty solid album,but the ones I deleted just ain't my style.  :P
I kept 13 out 21. One of them is the intro,so I wont count that one.
Overall rating:

3.5/5
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:36:44 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

D~Nice

I just hope he is saving his best for the Reformation.

Lunatic

I just hope he is saving his best for the Reformation.
im sure he is 8)