Author Topic: Official Download: Bishop Lamont - The Confessional [Special Untagged Edition]!!  (Read 7297 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
errrr...ummm.......lol..........yeh okay.....When you understand what you're typing, maybe you'll get somewhere......seems like a great way to end me sonning you in this thread...thanks for the all quotes off me in your sig by the way...Maybe one day you'll understand simple logic

U know to reach the top step, first you gotta know how to walk the first one..lol...

Well if you got anything else to say, feel free to pm and i can further educate you...because this is going wayy off topic now...but yeh got anything to say, feel free to pm me lol

By the way TRY acting like a man and accept you got sonned in this thread and move on...i already got pm off cats i dont know telling how i schooled you...but like i said...either move on of feel free to pm me. lol

Maybe you can quote some some of what i've said in here too...i already know some lines which would make good reading..

pz!

teacher, teacher! could you teach me why wearing a mask is part of maturity?  :halo:

OHHHH BOYYYY!!

talk about a cat having me on his mind all day all night! not contributing anything to a thread and just posting more and more shit....and you can say my posts were shit but to anyone who knows what they're talking about will understand i totally schooled you in here. All the questions u asked i answered and not only answered but taught you a pretty good lesson aswell...with u resorting to shit like 'donkey' lmao....you lost kid, u a lil boy nothing more....YOU LOST!! lmao....keep posting my posts up, u making yourself look more n more retarded each second!!

Kid u aint fuckin with me, like obie would say 'U CANT SEE THAT!?!?' lmao

pz!!

well you haven't beaten clint dogg yet, so keep going, you might beat him one day  :halo:

Lazar

I bumped the shit outta this record the last days, so hereīs a little review by myself  8)

Overall, itīs a really good street-album with some strong cuts. My favs are Africa (love the synthiesound on this one), Can't Figure It Out (DAMN  :o one of the best shit I heard from Bishop until now, love the catchy production and chorus, and Bishop is on some deep shit), Gorilla Pimpin' 5008 (just a dope joint, good to hear the G-Child spitting on this), Donky Kong Savage (Bishop flows like a monster on this), Be Cool (X and Ras straight killed that shit  :o) and Ghetto Song (nice beat and hook, Bishop also is very good on this). Other songs I feel are City Light and One Night, even if this is very RnBīish, but you never really go wrong with that type of tracks IMO. Donīt really feel Better Than You, Everyday and The Name. Nice filler material, nothing I save on my PC. A lil bit disappointed of The Greatest Trick, I mean GOD was working on the beat ;) Serious, really like the guitar-sample on this and Bishop was dropping some nice rhymes. Like I said before, a really nice street-album, with good beats(Khalil did a great job on his productions), nice features and a constantly good Bishop. But I slowly start getting tired of Bishopīs "lazy/boring" flow, he use on a lot of songs. Hope he will change this in the future. But damn, I really appreciate that he gave his fans all this nice street-records. Looking forward to the next projects,  but itīs time slowly at the time for "The Reformation" ;)

Would rate it with a 7/10.

xxxSTRIPExxx

• Lil Geezy
Copped this recently.

Tracks to look out for:

Africa
Gorilla Pimpin 5008 (Beat is sick and Warren G wreks it. Kmon)
What people do (ridiculous weaving of chorus and lyrics)
Can't figure it out (raps/chrous)
Donkey Kong Savage (Bish tears it up)
The Greatest Trick (ONLY ON HEADPHONES)

Overall album: 7

It's good, but there's too many to pass up on.  Need a LITTLE cleaner rhymes and noteworthy beats to be a classic...although this is my 1st post.  WTF do I know?  8)

D~Nice

Copped this recently.

Tracks to look out for:

Africa

Overall album: 7

It's good, but there's too many to pass up on.  Need a LITTLE cleaner rhymes and noteworthy beats to be a classic...although this is my 1st post.  WTF do I know?  8)

It's all good man, welcome to the board and thanks for reviewing it.

Chad Vader

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183424.msg1875791#msg1875791
Overall conclusion;
It's a pretty solid album,but the ones I deleted just ain't my style.  :P
I kept 13 out 21. One of them is the intro,so I wont count that one.
Overall rating:

3.5/5

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183424.msg1876330#msg1876330
Verdict

this street album is quite consistent(i think it's better than a couple of regular aftermath/shady/g-unit 'regular' albums); i think it's put together a lot better than the previous ones ( mainly the pope mobile  :P). Dre did not executive produce this, but he might have helped picking the producers.

it's good to see that bishop's flow has really progressed; he ain't there yet, but the frequency of the "lazy" sounding flow popping up, is a lot lower than on Bishop's older street albums.

since The Confessional is supposed to be the closest representation of the Reformation yet, i think it's safe to say that it will only get better with The Reformation, as the best material has yet to drop ( not to mention that GOD is all over that album  ;D:) 8)

overall rating: 7/10

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183424.msg1876876#msg1876876

OVERALL, this thing was the fuckin shit. I don't care if most songs are 6s n 7s, its still a crazy "mixtape". All tracks make up for one powerful ass disc. It just goes from start to finish, n u gon be like...shit that was dope. This aint one of them "every track is good" discs but its more of a "crazy disc from start to finish, but not all tracks are bomb" disc. BUMP THIS SHIT IN YOUR CAR! Its a real banger n cars n shit. This is some CD material shit right here, n if you aint feelin Bishop, you really aint feelin rap (no offense, but i find it hard to not like the guy, he's fuckin fire man). Once again my favorites were Be Cool and It Hurts. Them 2 are just fuckin illlllll. Thanks for readin. Peace!

8/10

Overall I'd give it a 4/5 (too lazy to calculate all those ratings).
Like I've said before, I've rated it from the aspect of a mixtape, hoping to find some album material on it.
And I did. Send A Nigga Home, What People Do, Right, Kissin The Curb, Everyday, Can't Figure It Out, Donkey Kong Savage and possibly The Greatest Trick are all album worthy and of course It Hurts, which we now found out was planned for the album (hope it still makes it).
The other tracks were good too, just felt unfinished from either production or Bishop's lazy flow. And his flow is the only thing that still remains a question mark, when he's focused he sounds great but when he's not he's like a westcoast version of 50 Cent.
I still think that Pope Mobile was the best representation of what the Reformation is gonna sound like, it ahd that Aftermath feel to it.
Now I'm patiently waiting for the suppose leak of Grown Up.

I bumped the shit outta this record the last days, so hereīs a little review by myself  8)

Overall, itīs a really good street-album with some strong cuts. My favs are Africa (love the synthiesound on this one), Can't Figure It Out (DAMN  :o one of the best shit I heard from Bishop until now, love the catchy production and chorus, and Bishop is on some deep shit), Gorilla Pimpin' 5008 (just a dope joint, good to hear the G-Child spitting on this), Donky Kong Savage (Bishop flows like a monster on this), Be Cool (X and Ras straight killed that shit  :o) and Ghetto Song (nice beat and hook, Bishop also is very good on this). Other songs I feel are City Light and One Night, even if this is very RnBīish, but you never really go wrong with that type of tracks IMO. Donīt really feel Better Than You, Everyday and The Name. Nice filler material, nothing I save on my PC. A lil bit disappointed of The Greatest Trick, I mean GOD was working on the beat ;) Serious, really like the guitar-sample on this and Bishop was dropping some nice rhymes. Like I said before, a really nice street-album, with good beats(Khalil did a great job on his productions), nice features and a constantly good Bishop. But I slowly start getting tired of Bishopīs "lazy/boring" flow, he use on a lot of songs. Hope he will change this in the future. But damn, I really appreciate that he gave his fans all this nice street-records. Looking forward to the next projects,  but itīs time slowly at the time for "The Reformation" ;)

Would rate it with a
7/10.

Copped this recently.

Tracks to look out for:

Africa

Overall album:

so far we got;
4 x 3.5
2 x 4

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Gorilla Pimpin 5008 has grown on me   :)

i edited the track comments and upgraded the rating to 7/10   ;)

D-Stress

GOD=Dr.Dre?
Im DL It When I Get Home, And Bump It.
Are There Any WEST COAST Beats On It?

Chad Vader

GOD=Dr.Dre?

All that The Greatest Trick/Dr.Dre/Detox material talk is pointless because;
OK, the last track isn't produced by Dre, it's co-produced by GOD, as in the actual God, the man upstairs,
that gave them the inspiration to do the song.

:P
It could be that Bishop/aftermath staff is just pulling Eddie's/our leg.
But for now we got to take their word for it.

I already got pm off cats i don't know telling how i schooled you... (Dre-Day)

ohhh that's right you got a Master's Degree in Hip Hop....  :P
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=178487.msg1885763#msg1885763
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=181901.msg1885797#msg1885797

Let me introduce the mysterious;
Felix The Cat
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:58:29 AM by Chad Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

:P
It could be that Bishop/aftermath staff is just pulling Eddie's/our leg.
But for now we got to take their word for it.

i don't think so.

i'd bet all my money on it that it's co-produced by Dre

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
god damn that bet it hurts tracc is fuckin str8 fuckin fire!!!!!!!!!
god damn holy shit!!!!!!!
thank the holy bishop for bishop!!!!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

...for now we got to take their word for it.

;)
LOL why?

when the snippet of it hurts leaked, Eddie said that he was told that it was a Dre production; yet the track was produced by Dready Beatz  ;)

so until Mr.Porter denies that Dre co-produced The Greatest Trick, i'm going to stick with my vision.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

;)
LOL why?
when the snippet of it hurts leaked, Eddie said that he was told that it was a Dre production; yet the track was produced by Dready Beatz  ;)
so until Mr.Porter denies that Dre co-produced The Greatest Trick, i'm going to stick with my vision.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What can Eddie do?
He was told so,and just passing on the info.
If itīs legit or not is another issue,but you canīt blame the messenger.  ;)

i didn't blame Eddie, i was merely filtering the info of the source (which was the aftermath camp)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

;)
LOL why?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What can Eddie do?
He was told so,and just passing on the info.
If itīs legit or not is another issue,but you canīt blame the messenger.  ;)

i didn't blame Eddie, i was merely filtering the info of the source (which was the aftermath camp)

yeah,well you know how I feel about Aftermath  :P ;).
-I Dominate
-Grown Man/up
-Detox will come before Reformation
-Reformation coming before Detox
-Detox is almost done
-Detox is 65% done
-Detox is coming soon
-Detox will come in 09
 :P :P :P :P :-\ :-\ :-\ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In the end they must be confused themself.  :P :laugh:

yeah bishop Lamont isn't very credible when it comes to those subjects  :P