Author Topic: Tha Carter III on pace of selling between 850-950k in 1st week  (Read 926 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Carter III on pace of selling between 850-950k in 1st week
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 06:04:19 AM »
the dumbening of America...

was it any different in the past, last 10 years ? No.? Ok.

Yes, it was way different.  If you could watch a recorded episode of rapcity from 1998 and compare it to an hour long episode of rapcity today you would understand right away.   

Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, and all these stooges can even make Master P of 1998 look like the rap version of Malcolm X.
:laugh:

kemizt

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 06:18:07 AM »
the dumbening of America...

was it any different in the past, last 10 years ? No.? Ok.

Yes, it was way different.  If you could watch a recorded episode of rapcity from 1998 and compare it to an hour long episode of rapcity today you would understand right away.   

Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, and all these stooges can even make Master P of 1998 look like the rap version of Malcolm X.

lol @ comparing lil wayne to soulja boy. lil wayne said allah in one of his tracks. shouldn't you be on his nuts?

I put him in the same category as Soulja Boy, BowWow and the rest of them... all their songs are the same.... "Shawty dis, Shawty dat, Shawty Shawty, blah, blah, blah, in the club, in the club Shawty want to blah blah blah... "   That ain't fuckin rap man.  That's straight up bullshit.  If 2pac was alive this dude would not even be allowed to exist in the rap game.

LOL. Ignorance is bliss huh? Obviously you haven't listened to any of his albums and are basically describing his single lollipop

forreal..mann.. think he needs to start at doogie's(b.g.) and wayne true story and go on his wayne course..

see wayne been breakin mic since he was 11 .and soulja boy and bow wow and whomever u wanna throw in the mix aint seein him..

him sayin pac.. pac wouldn've did shit...

pac was alive when wayne was doin it in 93...and pretty sure he had to hear baby nem whenever he came to the south..and the parts he useta be in he had to...cashmoney was floodin the underground with them mystikal disses..

i can name 5 bullshit rappers that was existing when pac was alive that was 20times worse than soulja boy...that made the same kind of music

pac stop them from existin in the rap game hell nall...

Invincible

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 06:21:29 AM »
i can name 5 bullshit rappers that was existing when pac was alive that was 20times worse than soulja boy...that made the same kind of music

You sure about that? Souljah boy isn't even music, so I think you'll be struggling there.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 06:38:41 AM »

You sure about that? Souljah boy isn't even music, so I think you'll be struggling there.

not to u... but he's rakim to the niggas he cater to oppose to what niggas my age had to go thru comin up.. when

luke
69 boys
d-shot
tag team
vanilla ice
markie mark
2 in a room
jt playaz

force down our throats..

man i can keep goin...and some of the people i name make soulja boy look like rakim..

it was so much bullshit out then...and people makin a mockery of the game.. nancy reagan and ronald reagan had songs out...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:44:02 AM by 3rd Coast »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »

not to u... but he's rakim to the niggas he cater to oppose to what niggas my age had to go thru comin up.. when

luke
69 boys
d-shot
tag team
vanilla ice
markie mark
2 in a room
jt playaz

force down our throats..

man i can keep goin...and some of the people i name make soulja boy look like rakim..

it was so much bullshit out then...and people makin a mockery of the game.. nancy reagan and ronald reagan had songs out...

first off, I respect your post because you tried to come with some knowledge rather than resorting to "you a hater, you probably aint been laid"....

But still, your post is off point.  Ya, in 96 we may have had groups like 69 Boyz doin there thing, but that was like a dance album and party album, I even remember getting down to "The Train", that was my joint....

But 69 Boyz sold to a particular audience and it was a specific genre of dance music, but when you talk about Lil Wayne, you are talking about the current King of Rap, and so he is currently the face of rap music throughout the whole world...

So that's like have George Bush as the face of America, it makes America look ignorant throughout the world... well Wayne is ruining hiphops image in the world.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Re: Lil Wayne selling 423,000 units on 1st day! wow
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 02:16:10 PM »
what the fuck.... how the fuck do people find what he calls music good?????

im fuckin clueless.... dude is just fucked up whining non sense in the booth... and mufuckaz like it?

i must just be too old school for this shit

Props to him gettin his money tho

His shit is garbage. And the only people buying this crap, are simple minded teenagers.
Nigga what artists do you like?!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »
The album is ok at best but props to Lil' Wayne for selling that much though. After the whole Kanye/50 thing I didn't expect Hip Hop to pull out those numbers again. It's crazy what HYPE can do for your album.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »

when you talk about Lil Wayne, you are talking about the current King of Rap

That's an opinion

If you put aside your opinions of what constitutes rap music and what doesn't you might be surprised at what you discover.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
The magic million is within sight of Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III." The Cash Money/Universal album continues to lead Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart, released today (June 13). Based on the new tally, the album could sell a million copies by the time SoundScan closes out its tracking week on Sunday night.

Unweighted sales of "Carter" through the close of business yesterday stood at 630,000. That's the largest number the Friday Building chart has seen since it began in September.

The last album to rack up a similar number on a Friday Building chart was Kanye West's "Graduation" (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam), which posted a 600,000 figure the Friday of its release. "Graduation" would go on to shift 957,000 in its first full week.

The last album to sell a million copies in a week was 50 Cent's "The Massacre" (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope), when it bowed with 1.1 million in March 2005.

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

billboard.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 07:13:07 PM »
this nigga could sell upto a million first week!?!? DANG!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Say what u want about lolipop and the remix but that shit is played EVERYWHERE! go to a club and even the white cats who dont like hiphop bounce to that joint!

but i had no idea he was about to sell this much still....i didnt think these type of numbers were possible still!!! Thats amazing no matter what and it'll give heart to alot
of other cats out there to release there shit sooner with a hit records...cats like eminem etc...lol

But just in terms of the numbers u gotta give this nigga his props, that crazy digits!! He will have given alot of encouragement to many other cats out there to drop
there shit! lol...thank carter? lol

pz!

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »
with downloading and everything I never thought he would sell than many but damn!

props to Wayne

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 03:22:51 AM »
i would not call lil wayne wack, he have greated a huge buzz, i have been on many singles many hit. He have been realeasing many mixtapes. He have realesed the leak online... the album have also been promoted in the right way.. His album also dropped at the same time were his single is a number 1 hit in the USA... 

personally i dont like all his songs, but some of them are realy good " mr carter" with Jay z are realy great..

gratz to lil wayne selling so much!!! the music busness needs that!!!

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 08:56:01 AM »
props 2 weezy
ppl need to stop hating

Young Old Head

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 11:04:19 AM »
*LOL* @ err'body comparin wayne to soulja boy! u obviously don't have a clue...

i've never been a wayne fan...but u really have to listen to tha album before u start hatin on this young man! he got his own style/flow, which is unique these days...+ he ain't rappin' bout his gangsta affiliation, cars/rims, evisu/red monkey jeans, jewelery, money stacks or any of these played out gimmick bullshit subjects all tha time...for that alone i'll give him props!

Cash Money Blood Gang