Author Topic: The new Scarface..........  (Read 684 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
The new Scarface..........
« on: August 06, 2002, 05:51:14 PM »
;D ;D ;D
The new Scarface - The Fix is a really dope ass album.
It comes in that cardboard like cd holder and it comes with a little bag with a mini weed booklet that has all the credits. I gotta give this a 10 for originality. I was crackin up when I opened this cd.
Anyways Face comes hard on this cd and many peeps didn't want to see Face rap over Eastcoast producers but the Kanye West production is top notch.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

West Coast Veteran

Re: The new Scarface..........
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 06:39:43 PM »
LOL! I was laughing too. Kanye dropped the hottest beat on "In Cold Blood". Ill album no doubt.

S.G.V.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 08:56:30 PM »
well kanye west isnt east coast hes from chi-town but his style comes off as east coast...which to me really hurt scarface...it took away from his flow....and plus he showed very little love to the south on this album...which is kinda like forgetting where hes from...i mean he said hes not gonna work with DMG, Devin or any of the other artists that came up with him on Rap-A-Lot ever again....he didnt even have Ludacris at least on this album....he put on Roc-A-Fella and Nas which is wack to me....dissapointing album

themovie

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 10:48:10 PM »

;D ;D ;D
The new Scarface - The Fix is a really dope ass album.
It comes in that cardboard like cd holder and it comes with a little bag with a mini weed booklet that has all the credits. I gotta give this a 10 for originality. I was crackin up when I opened this cd.
Anyways Face comes hard on this cd and many peeps didn't want to see Face rap over Eastcoast producers but the Kanye West production is top notch.

A little bag ?
what he fuck ?

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2002, 07:22:37 AM »
Damn this album is str8 heat!  I love the production and his flow + limited guest appearances.  That Nas song is bangin'!  This is the best album I've heard all year, next to Eminem Show.  This is very close to a 5-mic album.

Banjo

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2002, 11:19:17 AM »

The fix sure is a tight album...

It's nice 2 c Scarface back on top!
2Pac/Dre
[Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west  
A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness
The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest  
Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex]

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2002, 10:43:16 PM »
The new scarface was alright... nothing like The Last Of A Dying Breed.. i dont know maybe ive got to give this album a couple more listens but the tracks that have got me are "Heaven", "In Between Us", "Keep Me Down", "Guess Who Bizzack".. and its sad that he didnt even use no South artist, not even Devin The Dude or UGK.. or basically anybody from the south, i dont see why he would do that cuz in his last album he was showin love big time.. it dont matter that he didnt use ludacris in this album cuz he didnt use him in the last one either..
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 11:09:02 PM »
The new scarface was alright... nothing like The Last Of A Dying Breed.. i dont know maybe ive got to give this album a couple more listens but the tracks that have got me are "Heaven", "In Between Us", "Keep Me Down", "Guess Who Bizzack".. and its sad that he didnt even use no South artist, not even Devin The Dude or UGK.. or basically anybody from the south, i dont see why he would do that cuz in his last album he was showin love big time.. it dont matter that he didnt use ludacris in this album cuz he didnt use him in the last one either..

true...but luda is his main man right now cuz he pushing so many units on def south making face look good....thats why i said that he didnt even put on luda

GhettoDope

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2002, 08:58:31 AM »
man wut da fukk wuz dis nigga face thankin wen he made dis album nigga is da wakkest souf album dis yeer nigga need ta stop makin dis shit he need ta get lil j willie n bushwikk bakk tageva dey wus on top solo dey sukk

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2002, 10:17:30 AM »
To me, this is his tightest album since Diary.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2002, 11:12:39 AM »

Face always drop's heat....when he straight rap's.

Overall it was a hot lp......except for the Singing on just about every hook.... :P
Other than the constant singing.
Akshun still can't be faded.....

Go Out & Buy this ish....support Face.

http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=2142255980/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=SCARFACE/itemid=1580372

Ohh....And to the peep's who say Face didn't have enough South'ness on his lp.....lol
Why should he Rep something he built.
We all know where he's from.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2002, 01:34:06 PM »
i just copped it yesterday and it is a great fuckin album. and i'm glad luda isn't on there, cuz he wouldn't fit. i think the production fit face's style really fuckin well. i agree with homey that said its the best cd along with em this year. don't forget the chili peppers new one.....i know it ain't rap but its amazing

S.G.V.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2002, 03:05:25 PM »
Ohh....And to the peep's who say Face didn't have enough South'ness on his lp.....lol
Why should he Rep something he built.
We all know where he's from.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

i know where hes from and i know that he HELPED build it....he still should show love to and rep where hes from...hes not from brooklyn....hes from the southside of houston texas...maybe i missed it but i didnt hear a R.I.P. to DJ Screw on it...thats wack...Screw was a big part of Faces career too....Face said that hes not gonna work with Devin or the FaceMob no more...so now he works with Roc-A-Fella...thats wack...he doesnt even work with The Geto Boyz no more...no Willie D, Bushwick or Big Mike features on his albums...not even mentions...seems like Face is going a little too much east coast for me....

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2002, 04:31:37 PM »

i know where hes from and i know that he HELPED build it....he still should show love to and rep where hes from...hes not from brooklyn....hes from the southside of houston texas...maybe i missed it but i didnt hear a R.I.P. to DJ Screw on it...thats wack...Screw was a big part of Faces career too....Face said that hes not gonna work with Devin or the FaceMob no more...so now he works with Roc-A-Fella...thats wack...he doesnt even work with The Geto Boyz no more...no Willie D, Bushwick or Big Mike features on his albums...not even mentions...seems like Face is going a little too much east coast for me....

Word Homie.....I feel ya on that point, But who remember's that disaster of an Lp "My Homies"......ugh!!!
That was as south as u can get....
Besides "Fuck Faces" "Homies & Thugs" & "The Geto" most of the lp was botty.
& The Newest Geto Boys Cd.....Danmm!!! That was a horible lp again being saved only By the one Song "Gangsta".
That lp also was as south as u can get....It just didn't work.

I never knew he stated he would never work wit' his homies any more that's new to me ??? (hook me up wit' the artilce or interview homie....I wanna read that ish)

I love "The Geto Boys"....And the entire Rap-a-lot staff, Second to none at one point.
But as a Fan I was let down big-time once the No-Limit shitt hit hard. (Even though P was a huge Face bitter....lol listen to the Ice cream man lp......lol) Rap-a-lot had to prove that they were south to the fullest and the music changed.
It was a big time dissapointment when Rap-a-lot records tried to become "No-Limit"......in the late 90's. (It was a fucken farce when that happened) All the diamond fronted covered lp cover's n' shit.....it was a disgrace. IMO
Rap-A-Lot is and was the South before we knew about the south......when it was only "Texas"
And the tightest & King of it was and always will be "Face".
IMO....

His track record is now that of Myth.....

S.G.V.

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 05:59:19 PM »

Word Homie.....I feel ya on that point, But who remember's that disaster of an Lp "My Homies"......ugh!!!
That was as south as u can get....
Besides "Fuck Faces" "Homies & Thugs" & "The Geto" most of the lp was botty.
& The Newest Geto Boys Cd.....Danmm!!! That was a horible lp again being saved only By the one Song "Gangsta".
That lp also was as south as u can get....It just didn't work.

I never knew he stated he would never work wit' his homies any more that's new to me ??? (hook me up wit' the artilce or interview homie....I wanna read that ish)

I love "The Geto Boys"....And the entire Rap-a-lot staff, Second to none at one point.
But as a Fan I was let down big-time once the No-Limit shitt hit hard. (Even though P was a huge Face bitter....lol listen to the Ice cream man lp......lol) Rap-a-lot had to prove that they were south to the fullest and the music changed.
It was a big time dissapointment when Rap-a-lot records tried to become "No-Limit"......in the late 90's. (It was a fucken farce when that happened) All the diamond fronted covered lp cover's n' shit.....it was a disgrace. IMO
Rap-A-Lot is and was the South before we knew about the south......when it was only "Texas"
And the tightest & King of it was and always will be "Face".
IMO....

His track record is now that of Myth.....

in the newest issue of murder dog...face states hes no longer gonna work wit devin n tha facemob and all them....the problem with my homies was it was overstaturated...too many features...but thats why it was called my homies....as for the geto boyz cd it was a flop but it wasnt an album that they put their heart into...but take a look at Last Of A Dying Breed...he had more south artists on it and it was his best album imo...this album to me is the worst hes ever had...aside from the one wit WC and My Block everything else is wack....oh and as for p ruining the south...i wouldnt say that...he actually opened doors for many artists...the south was never just Texas though...Memphis was coming out...Miami already had its sound...New Orleans was coming up(cash money been around 10 years plus)...p was west coast at the time but when he dropped down south hustlers, im bout it, ghetto d....he revolutionized the south...he brought ina new sound...ill agree with u that the diamond covers are wack as fuck...but that was the souths way of showing they got money....but back to p...when he was dropping west coast shit he was hard...then he came to the south and forgot basically everyone in the bay...thats when he became wack...he forgot where he came from(though he was born and raised in new orleans he came up in richmond cali) thats where he got his start....he shouldve never forgot all of em...but he introduced us to such artists as mac, magic, krazy, hell even young bleed and c-loc...they were virtually unkown foos until p came in and helped them launch how u do dat....face brought many people in too...but now hes not gonna affiliate himself with them which is wack....