Author Topic: Biggie G.O.A.T.????  (Read 940 times)

That_Cracka_J

Re: Biggie G.O.A.T.????
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2002, 01:26:11 PM »
yeah....pick and choose Fucko...You overlooked other names in the list dumbass
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2002, 02:31:08 PM »
yeah....pick and choose Fucko...You overlooked other names in the list dumbass

so what u fag, i was just pointin out how funny it was that u said u don't listen to commercial crap but yet put eminem in ur list of favs. lol fuck thas just too fucekn funny

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2002, 02:41:08 PM »

hahahahahahahaha oh yeah no eminem is some straight underground shit hey  ::) lol this guy is shittier and more commercial then ja rule. BTW this fucken wanker can't touch biggie smalls. biggie smalls is 45345452389 times better then eminem.

That's some bullshit if I've ever read it.

Eminem is shittier than Ja Rule.  LOL...give me a break
I'm not even going to waste time writting a paragraph on how Em is better than Ja.  You should all know.

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2002, 04:00:11 PM »
This argument is going nowhere.  Cracker J, Im sorry if I upset you and your opinion.  But you can't say Biggie is silly and laugh at his raps.  This board is obviously biased and more in favour of westcoast, so Im not gona argue with people.  IMO any real hip-hop head would recognize Big as one of the greatest ever.  You're just telling me he's garbage and you laughing at him.  IMO thats a bullshit statement.  But anyway thats just your opinion, and mine is BIG as GOAT...If people aint gona agree that BIG is GOAT, then they will see him as one of the greats, a legend with talent and the skills of a real MC....you saying he's garbage, well that just a wack statement to make

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2002, 04:09:44 PM »
This argument is going nowhere.  Cracker J, Im sorry if I upset you and your opinion.  But you can't say Biggie is silly and laugh at his raps.  This board is obviously biased and more in favour of westcoast, so Im not gona argue with people.  IMO any real hip-hop head would recognize Big as one of the greatest ever.  You're just telling me he's garbage and you laughing at him.  IMO thats a bullshit statement.  But anyway thats just your opinion, and mine is BIG as GOAT...If people aint gona agree that BIG is GOAT, then they will see him as one of the greats, a legend with talent and the skills of a real MC....you saying he's garbage, well that just a wack statement to make

That's right, if you real hip-hop head you would know he's got skill.  You might not like him, but he's certainly not garbage.  I don't really like Chuck D and I have no Public Enemy albums but I'm not going to say he's shit and they have no good albums cause I can tell he's got skill.  It's just not my flavor.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2002, 04:16:27 PM »

Kids will never know what it was like to listen to the music when it was fresh.....

I pitty those who were to young to live through that 90-96 period of hip-hop as a fan.
Not as a baby....

Those rhymes were ahead of their time....both Biggie & Pac still whip they ass with 98% of the rapper's out there.

Ice Cube
Big Pun
Snoop
Nas
Jigga
Rakim
Redman......danmmm!! if yall' only knew what it was like when they first dropped.
Now multiply that by three and you have the goat=opinion.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2002, 04:29:59 PM »
^^Hatesrats got knowledge^^

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2002, 05:08:25 PM »
Well, I consider myself a hip-hop head and I don't mean to argue or cause beef with people.  Biggie is just someone who I never really liked or listened to, but like I said, he DOES have some tight songs.

Represent...That's all I'm saying: we can respect each other's opinions.  The only reason I started arguing is because you said I was one that listened to the commerical bullshit.

TopDogg187....I don't consider Eminem to be commercial.  Ja Rule-yes...Fabolous...yes...Eminem...no.  If he is commerical, then so is Snoop, Dre, Xzibit, etc.

Hatesrats...(Well, Represent, we agree on something)...Damn man, I agree with you 100%.  I remember being in 2nd grade when N.W.A. first came out with Straight Outta Compton.  Kids nowadays can't appreciate that music now....damn I miss 92-96 quality music...

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2002, 05:10:02 PM »
I WOULD like to know what your definition of hip-hop head is....I love music and I analyze it.  Just hop on over to the Album review section and see how many albums I've reviewed on there.

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2002, 07:22:25 PM »
I just mean someone whos into the culture.  Buy them mags to see all new releases, get news on shit, knowledge of all coasts, has a good collection of cd's, go to concerts,etc.

Im not into painting, breaking or tables, But I have a good knowledge of the music, Ive heard alot of shit, and BIG is at least one of the best all time.

IMO Cracka J...Peace homie

BTW I do read your reviews, and Ill give you props.  I see you puttin in work there, and your reviews are a good read. ;)

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2002, 08:21:21 AM »
Cool...because I DO buy all the hip-hop magazines and own over 1,000 original hip-hop CD's.  And right on for reading the reviews.  Didn't mean to cause an argument.

Peace

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2002, 10:27:17 AM »
Cool...because I DO buy all the hip-hop magazines and own over 1,000 original hip-hop CD's.  And right on for reading the reviews.  Didn't mean to cause an argument.

Peace

I respect your Opinion, N Represent that shit

peace ;)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2002, 08:03:45 PM »
Biggie is one of the all time greats, period. He's definatly the best story-teller ever, but I wouldnt say he is the greatest overall period.

G.O.A.T.=Pac, IMO
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2002, 11:00:56 PM »
Biggies a great talent, as I remember him, and a select few getting westcoast play, such as Gangstarr, Master Ace Inc. and of course Rakim. But to me, no one still touches 'Pac. They call Eminem the rap Elvis, but no insult to Em, but people are not nearly as affected b Em, as 'Pac, as there are STILL some people counting down 'till Sept. 13, 2003. Biggie had the best flow, listen to his lyrics, he could say anything he wanted, and it was tight. 'Pac had an average flow with a lot of emotions. Rakim had a very nice flow that hypnotis, KRS had many different flows he wanted to use, Ice Cube had a ruff flow, and Chuck D sounded like he was talking. Biggie had average lyrics, as he said a lot of stuff, but mostly nothing, just lyrics. 'Pac applied his lyrics to situations, and tried to make every lyric count, Rakim used a multiplies of big words, and masterfully placed them, KRS usually used simple lyrics, but earlier also used big word lyrics, but it wasn't the rhyme, it was what was said, Chuck D's rhymes were only what was nessasery, and Ice Cubes rhymes were very thoughtful, but always seemed to repeat as he just mixed in curse words. Content, Biggie mentioned the streets a lot on Ready to Die, but on Life After Death he began going more into money, bitches and other things that seemed to hurt rap right now. 'Pac said many things, basically trying to speak truth, and coming out many times controdicting himself, but at all times it was the realest shit people were saying. Rakim started out as a party rapper, but began getting more into his lyrics meaning more, and kicking straight knowledge, KRS was all about uplifting after his partner was killed, Chuck D was about politicals, and Ice Cube felt then need to bring Compton into everyone's life. Storytelling, Biggie could paint a picture with the best, but seemed to lack a real conclusion, better storyteller, Nas. 'Pac got into enought detail, but focused more on the story, instead of an ass wiggling (see Fucking You) and tried to implay the story, Rakim focused more on lyricals than stories it seemed, KRS could switch up at will, Chuck D told little stories, and Ice Cube was the ghetto storyteller of the westcoast before 'Pac. Overall though, I think 'Pac is the G.O.A.T., as he just was the all around package. Biggie was the best at what many Eastcoast heads like, flow, and he was up there and storytelling, and lyrics. But what makes 'Pac the G.O.A.T., no one can go from Dear Mama, to Hit 'Em Up, well having So Many Tears, 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted, to Only God Can Judge Me, to To Live and Die in L.A., to Hail Mary, to Fuck the World, to White Man's World, to Can't C Me, to Got My Mind Made Up... you get the picture. 'Pac had more diversity than anyone in the game ever.

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2002, 03:19:40 PM »
Nice breakdown of different rappers' skills.  Dope insite.