Author Topic: Irv Gotti Plans To Bring Michael Jackson 'Back....  (Read 776 times)

themovie

Irv Gotti Plans To Bring Michael Jackson 'Back....
« on: August 02, 2002, 02:51:12 AM »
...to his dominance"

If and when Irv Gotti gets down to working with Michael Jackson, the Murder Inc. CEO will give him the classic material his fans have been calling for — just as celestial beings have predicted.

"I've got two spirits," Irv Gotti explained. "I'm gonna shout them out: Marcus Swaybe and Dolores V. Pearson. They're two people who passed away. They told me I'm gonna bring Mike back to his dominance.

"The spirits told me, 'Michael's coming, and we're gonna do his album,' " Gotti explained. "So I was going to game two of the [New Jersey] Nets series, when they was playing the Boston Celtics. My phone rings, and who's on it? Michael Jackson! He's like, 'Gotti, you're a genius and I gotta work with you.' "

Gotti began making arrangements with Jackson to discuss working together ("Michael's not signing with Murder Inc.," he clarified), but they had a difference of opinion as to whose territory they would meet on. While it didn't exactly rival the turf war between the Jets and the Sharks, Gotti lost out to the iron-willed Jacko and had to sail through mountain-flooded skies en route to the Neverland Valley Ranch in California — much to Gotti's initial dismay.

"I felt it wasn't a good playing field, because if I had to go tell him to go 'F' himself and 'You're an idiot,' I wouldn't be able to do it at Neverland 'cause he's got home-court advantage," he explained.

"You're in the helicopter and you're around nothing but mountains," Gotti recalled of the trip, which he took two months ago. "Then you just see the amusement park. Then you see horses running around. He's got 2,700 acres of land. The heliport is by the amusement park. You get out the helicopter, you get into the car and it's like a 5- or 10-minute ride to the front house.

"On his property, he's got statues of, like, little kids playing baseball," the Hollis, Queens, native continued. "There're elephants, camels and giraffes walking around like we got cats and dogs. You go inside, they give you a menu for the house! It's just off the chain."

So there Gotti was soon after, ready to chop it up face to face with the King of Pop. Shedding his boss-of-the-bosses persona, Irv was in awe.

"Going in, you don't know what to expect," Gotti went on, getting more animated than Woody Woodpecker as he finished weaving his story. "You're thinking he's a weirdo. He comes out, [and] for the first 5 or 10 minutes when you're looking at him you're a little bugged out, 'cause you look over and there's a picture on the mantel and he's black, and then when you look at him [in person], he's white.

"You heard all the stories, 'He's gotta have tape [on the bridge of his nose], his nose is gonna fall off,' " Irv added. "Nah, that's bull. After 5 minutes or 10 minutes, I swear to God, he's just Mike. It's just a normal conversation. This guy ain't no weirdo or anything like that. He's like a regular dude."

Two hours later, after having what he classified one of the best meetings of his career, Gotti was so inspired that he might have been able to convince M.J. to begin working that night — but there was a small problem. For all the excess in his crib, Mike didn't own the one thing that even B-level stars have.

"He has no studio in his house," Gotti said, almost still in denial. "Can you believe it? We played music for him on a little tiny radio. I'm like, 'Mike, what's up, man? You got all the safaris and stuff. Where's the studio?' "
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

Re: Irv Gotti Plans To Bring Michael Jackson 'Back
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 07:58:35 AM »
Yea, been hearing about this for a while now, I think it'll be good for Mike to switch up his style a little bit.  He oughta have somebody write him some lines and rap something, it'd be good.  

budsmokeronly

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 08:21:02 AM »
remember when Mike asked Dre to produce some shit for him and Dre declined the offer.  Too bad, I think it would have sounded tight.  I can't believe Dre produced some songs for people over micheal jackson.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2002, 05:15:07 PM »
Dre is crazy for doing that. He's probably scared of what people will think about him workin with MJ but who cares what people think.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
I can't stand Michael Jackson.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 06:34:36 PM »
The reason that Dr. Dre refused Michael Jackson is probably because Dr. Dre doesn't have respect for him, and I certainly don't blame him for that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 10:15:55 AM »
Actually, I've lost almost all respect for Dr. Dre.

1. People hate Vanilla Ice for being Fake and a sell out, but Dr. Dre in reality is exactly the same thing, by those definitions that they crucified Ice for.  Dre ain't never been in a gang, or killed anybody, even though he made a living off of it.  I don't mind him lying about it, but if people are gonna hate Vanilla Ice for lying, they oughta hate Dr. Dre.

2. The J.D./Suge/Snoop crap.  Dre runs like a bitch when Suge says something , but then jumps all over J.D. for an offhand braggadocio comment, when Dre's guilty of the same thing.

3. His production is stale as hell, and canned.  He got a good thing going, then stopped inovating, now his stuff sounds hollow, to me.  It's good, but it's the same thing.  DJ Quik is much more innovative, I'd say Daz's recent stuff is even more innovative then dre's.  

4.  He turned down Mike because he thought Mike's gay, plain as that.  He didn't want any bad press about mike rubbing off on him, and he failed to check Mike out to see what it would be like working with him.  He basically assumed Mike wouldn't be open to Dre's suggestions, but his work with everyother producer he's worked with shows that Mike doesn't mind letting the Producer tell him what to do.  

5. Where's dre for his boys?  Where was his production on Kurupt's cd, or Daz's cd, or Snoop's stuff?  He does just enough to get by, and then goes and plays Mr. Big Dick with any rookie he can find in the music business.  If he can't have 100% control of the session, he ain't messin with ya, and that's sickening, when you're talking about people like Kurupt, and Nate Dogg, and even Warren G for pete's sake.  Dre oughta be producing their entire albums for free, not giving them left over beats when he feels generous.  

Dre's turned into a bitch~

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2002, 10:18:24 AM »

1. People hate Vanilla Ice for being Fake and a sell out, but Dr. Dre in reality is exactly the same thing, by those definitions that they crucified Ice for.  Dre ain't never been in a gang, or killed anybody, even though he made a living off of it.  I don't mind him lying about it, but if people are gonna hate Vanilla Ice for lying, they oughta hate Dr. Dre.

2. The J.D./Suge/Snoop crap.  Dre runs like a bitch when Suge says something , but then jumps all over J.D. for an offhand braggadocio comment, when Dre's guilty of the same thing.

3. His production is stale as hell, and canned.  He got a good thing going, then stopped inovating, now his stuff sounds hollow, to me.  It's good, but it's the same thing.  DJ Quik is much more innovative, I'd say Daz's recent stuff is even more innovative then dre's.  

4.  He turned down Mike because he thought Mike's gay, plain as that.  He didn't want any bad press about mike rubbing off on him, and he failed to check Mike out to see what it would be like working with him.  He basically assumed Mike wouldn't be open to Dre's suggestions, but his work with everyother producer he's worked with shows that Mike doesn't mind letting the Producer tell him what to do.  

5. Where's dre for his boys?  Where was his production on Kurupt's cd, or Daz's cd, or Snoop's stuff?  He does just enough to get by, and then goes and plays Mr. Big Dick with any rookie he can find in the music business.  If he can't have 100% control of the session, he ain't messin with ya, and that's sickening, when you're talking about people like Kurupt, and Nate Dogg, and even Warren G for pete's sake.  Dre oughta be producing their entire albums for free, not giving them left over beats when he feels generous.  

i agree, i dont like dre as a person, just his music, but even if his music is gonna have the same topics over and over again i would dislike that shit too

Banjo

• 'G'
Re: I can't stand Michael Jackson.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2002, 12:36:51 AM »
The reason that Dr. Dre refused Michael Jackson is probably because Dr. Dre doesn't have respect for him, and I certainly don't blame him for that.

How can you not have respect for Michael Jackson as a musician?...
2Pac/Dre
[Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west  
A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness
The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest  
Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex]

eNgIeS

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2002, 01:08:59 AM »
No wonder Irv Gotti & Suge are good friends, they both speak bullshit all the time. The worst thing is they believe there own bullshit, which quite dangerous

bez

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2002, 01:19:56 AM »

I agreed with all them points, exept dre turning into a bitch.  I think hes just trying to make his sound a bit different from 2001.  He dont wanna be usijg the same type beats on Oh My God and Detox, he wanna experiment and invent new shit, new future shit.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2002, 09:16:31 AM »
I Hope.  I just think he's an ass to be so worried about his public perception and things like that.  He won't do crap for Snoop or Kurupt, or Daz, or Nate anymore, besides a song or two here and there... but when it comes to EMINEM, who he's making a fortune off of, he's all over him.  Money Money Money.  That's the deal.  When he didn't help out Warren G all those years, I think we all got a good idea of what's going on.

To be fair, though, I still hope that all this is just a big misunderstanding, and we don't know what's going on behind closed doors.  Maybe snoop hates dre, or something, who knows.  I just think Dre's turned into a Hollywood like he's talking about in that song on Truth's album.  It's hilarious, if you listen to it, he's guilty of almost everything he's condemning on that song.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 09:51:39 AM »
u speaking some truth homie ^^^^^
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Sikotic™

Re: I can't stand Michael Jackson.
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2002, 10:16:26 AM »

How can you not have respect for Michael Jackson as a musician?...

Word, who cares about his what he does outside of music or his looks.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

budsmokeronly

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2002, 08:04:50 AM »
thats some very real shit you said Trauma.  I agree with you 100%