Author Topic: Monagamy A Myth?  (Read 1074 times)

Narrator

Re: Monagamy A Myth?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 03:05:27 PM »
^^^^^^ It has less to do with morality and more to do with the fact that it's a trend of Western countries where the population is used to living in affluence. People who are educated and who have ambitious career plans (read: myself) simply don't see their first objective in life as getting married and having kids. Whereas people who are poor and have little education don't have the ambition or the money to be so mobile, so they just stay home and fuck their wives and have lots of kids. That's why in Europe and America right now, divorce rates are so high and marriage rates (and, correspondingly, birth rates) are so low.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to it from a practical standpoint because if fewer people are getting married and having kids, then we're less likely to have overpopulation problems in the near future. The issue is that right now, we can't let the Muslims out-breed us if we wish to maintain world dominance, which is kind of what's happening with them now.

People don't need sex, it's that simple. They only think they need it, and people who can't keep a monogamous relationship are weak minded.

If you actually believe that, it makes me doubt you've had sex yourself.

You may "think" you need it, but when it comes to fulfilling psychological needs, perception is reality. It's not necessarily about the need to sleep with lots of people; it's about when spouse can't fulfill the other's sexual needs (or both). There is no moral superiority in being married and monogamous if you're unhappy with the person you're with.

And most people I know aren't married.

Quite a few people I know are married, and they sure as hell are not happy, either. Which is why some of them cheat and others get divorced, or just spend lots of time whining to me and other people I know who are single.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »
Whereas people who are poor and have little education don't have the ambition or the money to be so mobile, so they just stay home and fuck their wives and have lots of kids.

And they couldn't be happier.

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »
And they couldn't be happier.

Ignorance is bliss. I won't deny that. But you aren't necessarily a better person for it.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »
What?

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
i think the shit is twisted nowadays people just don't give a f**k, think about it.  people get married bcuz they think they are going 2 live this disney dream, and want that fairytale wedding.  in reality they probably don't even know each other that well.  things like money, who has and how much to spend, can mess things up.  which leads some people to go sbe with someonw else.  nowadays is just to easy to quit, and not try to work things out.  

Narrator

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
What?

Being "happy" because you're living in a trailer and you have ten kids with your wife (whom you beat for talking shit) while living on welfare is not anything worth admiring. It just means those folks are too ignorant to know that there are other ways to live.

i think the shit is twisted nowadays people just don't give a f**k, think about it.  people get married bcuz they think they are going 2 live this disney dream, and want that fairytale wedding.  in reality they probably don't even know each other that well.  things like money, who has and how much to spend, can mess things up.  which leads some people to go sbe with someonw else.  nowadays is just to easy to quit, and not try to work things out. 

Yeah, I think way too many people get married for the same reason that too many people want to be promiscuous. When the reality is not as simple as the Christian right makes it sound.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:15:41 PM by No More Aliases »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »
What?

Being "happy" because you're living in a trailer and you have ten kids with your wife (whom you beat for talking shit) while living on welfare is not anything worth admiring. It just means those folks are too ignorant to know that there are other ways to live.

Well, not in all cases, but to the one's wit values and the ones I know, will tell you that's what living is about.

Narrator

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »
Well, not in all cases, but to the one's wit values and the ones I know, will tell you that's what living is about.

Personally, I call that being a drain on society. And I was raised to think people like that ain't shit.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »

Personally, I call that being a drain on society. And I was raised to think people like that ain't shit.

And your black?

Narrator

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 03:33:45 PM »
And your black?

What does my race have to do with anything?

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »
now this is a good topic. and eye agree with the nigga who said ppl that cant stay faithful are weak. me personally in these times, with STD's and all sheeiiiit. monogamy is the way to go. 

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
People who are educated and who have ambitious career plans (read: myself) simply don't see their first objective in life as getting married and having kids.

It's actually the complete opposite. How many of your college professors sleep around? My supervisor is 30, he's married, no kids though. People with educations tend to get married in their late 20's/early 30's after they've gained their education and are entering the work force. Do you know any 40 so Ph.'Ds who sleep around? And it seems to me that poorer people tend to sleep around more, as STD's tend to progress through poorer communities. I don't know anyone over the age of 40 who contracts sexually transmitted diseases. Educated people tend to have a greater sense of morality, and don't get drunk, do drugs, and sleep with random people.

Theirs a HUGE difference between getting married and monogamy. If you have the same girlfriend for 5 years, good on you. But if every friday night, you sleep with a different person, you're obviously just feeding some selfish need. And before we go personal, I have had sex, and to be honest, the first time, I didn't have it for the right reason. People think your abnormal if you don't have sex as young as possible. How is that not immoral? It's all over every single daily aspect of life. It's not even about love anymore.

I'm not say people should get married and have kids. I'm simply saying, you should find a girl you like, take her out, get to know her, and then have sex, and if you like her, repeat the cycle. Having sex with a person you just met hours before, is immoral. If you happen to date a lot of girls, thats fine, no problem with that. But sleeping around, is just a selfish, shallow life. Education has nothing to do with it. And usually educated people, don't sleep around.

People these days tend to be so focused on themselves, they forget about the people around them. I tend to go with the principle that the population is more important then the individual. I'm not important. If I die, I die. But as I live my life, I try and live it as unselfishly as I can. I think and do what I think is best for the people around me. People get too caught up in themselves, and their needs, and their desires. They forget their just unimportant members of a greater society. People over value their own lives, and devalue others. That's the cause of almost all the problems in society. People doing whats best for themselves, NOT the people around them. Sex isn't some need. It's something you should be able to control. And if you can't control it, and stay faithful to your girlfriend or wife, then you are a weak person. Simple as that.

The issue is that right now, we can't let the Muslims out-breed us if we wish to maintain world dominance, which is kind of what's happening with them now.

That's one of the dumber things anyones ever said on this forum. Subliminal racism is still racism.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:53:50 PM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »

Narrator

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
That's one of the dumber things anyones ever said on this forum. Subliminal racism is still racism.

Muslims are not a race. Besides, I don't want to live under Sharia.

It's actually the complete opposite. How many of your college professors sleep around? My supervisor is 30, he's married, no kids though. People with educations tend to get married in their late 20's/early 30's after they've gained their education and are entering the work force. Do you know any 40 so Ph.'Ds who sleep around? And it seems to me that poorer people tend to sleep around more, as STD's tend to progress through poorer communities. I don't know anyone over the age of 40 who contracts sexually transmitted diseases. Educated people tend to have a greater sense of morality, and don't get drunk, do drugs, and sleep with random people.

First of all, unlike you, I don't associate staying single with "sleeping around". I'm single and I sure as fuck don't "sleep around".

And furthermore, in case you didn't notice my other post, I already said that I think staying single SOLELY to be promiscuous is, indeed, quite immature. The only thing I'm arguing is against this idea that marriage is as fulfilling as you claim it is.

I'm not say people should get married and have kids. I'm simply saying, you should find a girl you like, take her out, get to know her, and then have sex, and if you like her, repeat the cycle. Having sex with a person you just met hours before, is immoral. If you happen to date a lot of girls, thats fine, no problem with that. But sleeping around, is just a selfish, shallow life. Education has nothing to do with it. And usually educated people, don't sleep around.

No disagreement from me there. But people who are very busy thinking about their career plans, and themselves, just don't tend to think about marriage as much. My argument is that the educated Westerner's mentality is to think about career before family.

Sex isn't some need. It's something you should be able to control. And if you can't control it, and stay faithful to your girlfriend or wife, then you are a weak person. Simple as that.

It is need. It is a psychological need. When your wife/GF stops fulfilling your need (or vice-versa), sexual frustration is very hard to take. Marriage counseling and sex therapy wouldn't be actual medical fields otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:39:07 PM by No More Aliases »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »
Muslims are not a race. Besides, I don't want to live under Sharia.

A negative bias, or a hatred towards Muslims is racism. Live under Sharia? Do you think if Muslims begin to overpopulate us, we'll all live under Islamic Law? I have more to say, but you're obviously not very educated on Islam, or maybe the fact you by into the propaganda that Muslims all want us dead. You're a republican aren't you?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:57:29 PM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »

Narrator

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
A negative bias, or a hatred towards Muslims is racism. Live under Sharia? Do you think if Muslims begin to overpopulate us, we'll all live under Islamic Law? I have more to say, but you're obviously not very educated on Islam, or maybe the fact you by into the propaganda that Muslims all want us dead. You're a republican aren't you?

No, I'm an atheist who has little respect for any religion. I was also a prospective Islamic convert at one point in my life (as I have explained elsewhere).

I do not believe all Muslims want us dead, only that there is a fairly large percentage of Muslims who DO have sympathy for Islamist goals, and the larger this population gets, the more of them there will be.