Author Topic: Monagamy A Myth?  (Read 1132 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Monagamy A Myth?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 09:44:15 PM »
Mitt, what the fuck are you trying to preach about?  Your religion has a sect that supports POLYGAMY, remember? 

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 09:50:21 PM »
^ I ain't religious. Nor do I like or care for religion. I like Romney on his issues, not his religion.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
The lack of monogamy in our society shows the true weakness and lack of morals in our culture. People who can't stay faithful are just people who have a lack of self control. The way our culture has progressed in the last few decades really shows how weak we are. Go into any highschool, and look at the lack of directions and maturity. The fact that procreation is now so separate from sex, shows the weak mind, and lack of self control of most people in this thing we call a civilized society. No one needs sex, you just think you do. Try to hold in your desires, it'll make you a stronger person. People can get whatever they want, when they want, and leads to a poorer quality of human being. No one has to earn or try anymore. They can just go to a bar, buy a whore a drink, and sleep with her. What kind of morality is that?

Monogamy will make you a happier person in the long run. Meeting the right person, a person you love, independent of sex, and spending you're lives together, that's happiness. Something most people won't accomplish, and why most people aren't happy in their lives. Most people would rather just sleep around, living selfish, shallow, self deprecating lives.

Short term satisfaction over longterm happiness. That's what our society is today.

Eh...Just because a person doesn't share your same morals and values that does not make them immoral, weak or lazy. Monogamy might work for some but not for others. Its not right not make sweeping generalizations like this. I'm sure many people would be much happier by being sexually promiscuous. And do you have data to back your theory that most people aren't happy AND that their unhappiness is directly linked to their not being monogamous or are you just blowing shit out of your mouth? It seems like you're just making vast sweeping judgments and assumptions based on the culture that you have been indoctrinated into accepting. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats the impression I get.

So you don't think going to bars for the simple purpose of sleeping with women, and then to never talk to them again, is immoral? Our society is in the shit were in because of lack of morals. Look how 12 year old girls dress these days. It's a signal of a declining morality. People don't need sex, it's that simple. They only think they need it, and people who can't keep a monogamous relationship are weak minded. They need that short term statisfcation for something they don't even need to survive or be happy. It's an immature, adolesent life style. How many people do you know who are truely  happy. I've never met one. And most people I know aren't married.

Well I think you're wrong to assume that because someone is not married that they are going to bars and sleeping around with as many partners as possible, nut to answer your question, no, I don't think its immoral. There is nothing wrong with consensual sex between grown people. The funny thing is, a lot of the time its the people who get on their soap box and preach morality who end up violating the morals they promote! (ex:Rush Limbaugh and his drug habit, That evangelical pastor and his secret underage homosexual sex buddies, etc). I think what you are referring to is indicative not of a decline in morality, but merely a shift in morality. Who are you or I to tell somebody they are immoral for living a lifestyle that they see fit so long as they are not hurting anyone? Regarding people needing sex, you say there is no need for it, but science has shown there are physiological benefits that result from it. Usually when something is beneficial it is considered healthy, not immoral. I seriously disagree with your assertion that those who are not in a monogamous relationship are weak minded. I don't think that being in a committed relationship is indicative of much more than either someone who has settled and is conceding that they can't have all they want out of life, or monogamy is simply something that interests them. Would you have us believe that the vast majority of our Presidents, Scientists, and various other types of leaders and pioneers are weak minded? Surely you know that these are all groups of people typically thought of as strong willed people, yet members of all of these groups have either cheated on their significant other or simply engaged in casual sex.

Narrator

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
^^^^^^ Like I said, wanting to stay single only because you want to sleep around is quite shallow and immature, not to mention dangerous (STDs). And frankly, I don't think there are many people who are naturally inclined to be promiscuous; it's more about showing off and impressing other guys (and in the case of women, it's sometimes a sign of sexual abuse as a child). I know people who are like that, too, and they aren't any happier than the married people I know.

I do think that when people are not being satisfied by their spouse sexually or emotionally, it's not that unusual for them to desire someone else. Because human beings do have psychological needs, and sometimes, married people stop fulfilling those needs for each other. It is not a sign of being "weak minded" to realize one day, "Damn, my wife is fucking ugly now, we have no chemistry as spouses, and I just can't get hard for her anymore".

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 02:28:29 PM »
^^^^^^ Like I said, wanting to stay single only because you want to sleep around is quite shallow and immature, not to mention dangerous (STDs). And frankly, I don't think there are many people who are naturally inclined to be promiscuous; it's more about showing off and impressing other guys (and in the case of women, it's sometimes a sign of sexual abuse as a child). I know people who are like that, too, and they aren't any happier than the married people I know.

I do think that when people are not being satisfied by their spouse sexually or emotionally, it's not that unusual for them to desire someone else. Because human beings do have psychological needs, and sometimes, married people stop fulfilling those needs for each other. It is not a sign of being "weak minded" to realize one day, "Damn, my wife is fucking ugly now, we have no chemistry as spouses, and I just can't get hard for her anymore".

I disagree wholeheartedly. First of all I doubt anybody stays single JUST so they can sleep around, but why is that shallow in your opinion? It would seem to be the mature decision to make to me. Much moreso than being in a relationship and sleeping around. Its a matter of being in touch with yourself, knowing your wants and needs and taking the steps to make sure you get what you want out of life. I would argue that the shallow thing to do would be to enter into a committed relationship simply to fit into someone else's ideals. You should never let somebody else dictate what you do in that arena. The risk of STD's is real, and I'm sure by now everybody knows this.  I'm not advocating unprotected sex by any means, but what business is it of ours whether or not somebody else wants to take the risk? And as far is being naturally inclined to be promiscuous, well that is true to a certain extent. However, EVERYONE is naturally inclined to be sexual. We have a sexual impulse, not a monogamous or promiscuous impulse. I would say that the stronger the sexual impulse in an individual, the more likely they are to be promiscuous though. In a sense, that does make promiscuity natural. Strong willed or weak willed is not the issue. People keep thinking of the old times as more moral for whatever reason, but they conveniently disregard the baby boom generation. More babies were made in that era than in any other in American history. Would you have me believe that all these babies were made by married, monogamous couples? I have serious doubts.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 03:33:31 AM »
Anybody telling anyone else they SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be monogamous needs to get over themselves.  It works for some people, it doesn't work for others.  Quit being judgmental fucks.

Elevz

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 03:54:19 AM »
^ Filthy humanist! ;)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »
Anybody telling anyone else they SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be monogamous needs to get over themselves.  It works for some people, it doesn't work for others.  Quit being judgmental fucks.

LOL my post in a nutshell. And if anyone would care to elaborate, I would be very interested to hear why staying single for sexual purposes is "shallow."

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »
I wouldn't tell nobody he or she should be monogamous, just don't sleep around when you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband. I really don't accept that kind of shiet.

Most players are only players cause they got played
And have not let go of that shit since seventh grade
You got your heart broke; life sucks, doesn't it
But you shouldn't fuck up someone else's life because of it
Someone did your mother like that, that's why you're fatherless
Before jail or racist cops, that's what the problem is
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »
I wouldn't tell nobody he or she should be monogamous, just don't sleep around when you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband. I really don't accept that kind of shiet.

Isn't that up to the people whom it concerns? And how about so called "free" relationships? I say people should do whatever the fuck they think is right. If that includes cheating, well alright. Just don't bother me by boasting about it :P

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 03:10:35 PM »
I wouldn't call my partner a girlfriend in a free relationship. It would just be the person I fuck most or something. "Main bitch". Not girlfriend, let alone wife. And no, to the other part of your statement. But you can have your own opinion.
No, it's not a sin

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »

Most players are only players cause they got played
And have not let go of that shit since seventh grade
You got your heart broke; life sucks, doesn't it
But you shouldn't fuck up someone else's life because of it
Someone did your mother like that, that's why you're fatherless
Before jail or racist cops, that's what the problem is

That's the truth. Last thang that ever should be accepted is cheating when you married and shit. :nawty: I have no respect for people who do that. No matter who you are...

Elevz

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 03:24:19 PM »
I wouldn't call my partner a girlfriend in a free relationship. It would just be the person I fuck most or something. "Main bitch". Not girlfriend, let alone wife. And no, to the other part of your statement. But you can have your own opinion.

Well, there's people who (say they) really love each other and who are really into each other, but they don't attach so much value to monogamy - they don't mind their partner getting some joy with someone else. What do you think all those clubs for couples are for? They can be happily married, yet getting their fuck on like they're from fraternities and sororities.

I don't mind people doing whatever they think is right. That doesn't mean that I approve of any promiscuosity - not at all. People are free to fuck around, if that's what they think is right, but that doesn't mean I won't despise them for behaving in a way of which I strongly disapprove. Whatever flows your boat though...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »

Well, there's people who (say they) really love each other and who are really into each other, but they don't attach so much value to monogamy - they don't mind their partner getting some joy with someone else. What do you think all those clubs for couples are for? They can be happily married, yet getting their fuck on like they're from fraternities and sororities.

I don't mind people doing whatever they think is right. That doesn't mean that I approve of any promiscuosity - not at all. People are free to fuck around, if that's what they think is right, but that doesn't mean I won't despise them for behaving in a way of which I strongly disapprove. Whatever flows your boat though...

1. This is something I can't quite relate to, cause I'm not like that at all, but if it's not cheating and shit, and really as chilled out and mutual as you describe it there, then I don't have a problem with it. Maybe I should have been more explicit in my initial statement.

2. This is something we can never agree on, because I'm not down with that anarchist type of mentality at all. Do I mind people doing whatever the fuck they want? If it's something fucked up, you can bet your ass I do.
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »

1. This is something I can't quite relate to, cause I'm not like that at all, but if it's not cheating and shit, and really as chilled out and mutual as you describe it there, then I don't have a problem with it. Maybe I should have been more explicit in my initial statement.

2. This is something we can never agree on, because I'm not down with that anarchist type of mentality at all. Do I mind people doing whatever the fuck they want? If it's something fucked up, you can bet your ass I do.

Then who's to decide if something's fucked up? I say people can only do it for themselves. Who else is to set the standards, and what if the standards seem unnatural to you? Wouldn't you follow your own path, without taking other peoples hurt feelings into consideration?