Author Topic: Monagamy A Myth?  (Read 1073 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Monagamy A Myth?
« on: June 15, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
dyu guys think it is..

im still surprised ppl pursue relationships.. and actually think/expect that the other half will be commited and faithful... the amount of people who have multiple sexual partners at 1 time(whether its on the sly or publicly) would make u think ppl would think twice.. but it doesnt..

opinions?

Elevz

Re: Monagamy A Myth?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 01:25:39 PM »
You don't want that one special lady to be lying in bed with the next man. It's more or less a part of western cultures, to be so serious about dedication. And if you want to be sure a woman doesn't do that to you, that means you shouldn't do it either. That's basically the conclusion you can draw from anyone who doesn't mind cheating on a lover: they don't give a shit. That surely does tell you something about their integrity, regarding people as throwaway items and lust as a primary motive...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »
I don't think it's necessarily a myth, I just think a lot of people force themselves into monogamy when they truly aren't ready for it.  Back 30 years ago, it was normal for peeps to get married at 18 and have kids and shit.  Nowadays, shit isn't really that way as much.  I've been to enough places and met enough people to know there's lots of things to experience and at this point I want to be free to do those things and not be chained down.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »
It's cuz society has changed. It's aight to cheat and divorce like it's nuthin'. I mean, picture finding a women, having 9 children, been faithful for the whole trip, and still widow one another in love. That shit is insane. That shit don't happen anymore. Doubt it ever will in this day and age.

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »
It's cuz society has changed. It's aight to cheat and divorce like it's nuthin'. I mean, picture finding a women, having 9 children, been faithful for the whole trip, and still widow one another in love. That shit is insane. That shit don't happen anymore. Doubt it ever will in this day and age.

thats cuz my nigga too short laced us up on game

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »
The lack of monogamy in our society shows the true weakness and lack of morals in our culture. People who can't stay faithful are just people who have a lack of self control. The way our culture has progressed in the last few decades really shows how weak we are. Go into any highschool, and look at the lack of directions and maturity. The fact that procreation is now so separate from sex, shows the weak mind, and lack of self control of most people in this thing we call a civilized society. No one needs sex, you just think you do. Try to hold in your desires, it'll make you a stronger person. People can get whatever they want, when they want, and leads to a poorer quality of human being. No one has to earn or try anymore. They can just go to a bar, buy a whore a drink, and sleep with her. What kind of morality is that?

Monogamy will make you a happier person in the long run. Meeting the right person, a person you love, independent of sex, and spending you're lives together, that's happiness. Something most people won't accomplish, and why most people aren't happy in their lives. Most people would rather just sleep around, living selfish, shallow, self deprecating lives.

Short term satisfaction over longterm happiness. That's what our society is today.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:51:24 PM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:28:41 PM »
The lack of monogamy in our society shows the true weakness and lack of morals in our culture. People who can't stay faithful are just people who have a lack of self control. The way our culture has progressed in the last few decades really shows how weak we are. Go into any highschool, and look at the lack of directions and maturity. The fact that procreation is now so separate from sex, shows the weak mind, and lack of self control of most people in this thing we call a civilized society. No one needs sex, you just think you do. Try to hold in your desires, it'll make you a stronger person. People can get whatever they want, when they want, and leads to a poorer quality of human being. No one has to earn or try anymore. They can just go to a bar, buy a whore a drink, and sleep with her. What kind of morality is that?

Monogamy will make you a happier person in the long run. Meeting the right person, a person you love, independent of sex, and spending you're lives together, that's happiness. Something most people won't accomplish, and why most people aren't happy in their lives. Most people would rather just sleep around, living selfish, shallow, self deprecating lives.

Short term satisfaction over longterm happiness. That's what our society is today.

100% agree. mutha fuckas r retarded and hypocritical as fuck these days.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 06:51:04 AM »

:sign_werd:

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »

What your saying sounds nice, but that's a very objective reality.  Things don't always work like that.  I mean, if everyone could "meet the right person, a person you love, spend the rest of their lives together"... that may sound nice but it doesn't always go down like that.

Some people may be at one stage in their life when they marry, and they or their partner have some agreement and certain things they love about each other, and then one side changes or evolves as time goes... people are not stationary objects, we are always growing, and developing... think how different you are now from just a year ago, for example.

So, it sounds like your trying to force an objective reality onto people.  But who the fuck said you had to be monogamous?   Does that work for everyone?  At all times?  In every situation?  Of course not, every experience we endure adds another ingredient to our personality, no two people are the same.  So what works for one, may not work for another.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 04:26:42 AM »
^^ the argument wasnt whether or not u have to be monagamous or not.. that is ur personal choice.. whether its morally right to sleep around is for antoher thread..  i was questioning whether its possible for those who may wish to pursue it.. and how its literallly impossible in todays society.. i meant like if u wanted to be monagamous to one person wud that person be monagamous too? they may pretend to be serious about u too whilst cheating or they'll openly admit 2u they go around.. like many women u meet even at the beginning and/or throughout the courtship phase.. she will be involved wid other guys.. or gettin out of something.. or just be havin her little bit on the side..

Narrator

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 08:41:26 AM »
It doesn't surprise me that much. I've known plenty of people that have slept around while in a serious relationship, or even marriage. In fact, I'd have to admit it's becoming disturbingly common. I've personally never been married and really don't think I'm depriving myself of anything by staying single. If I met the right one, maybe I'd reconsider, but so far, I just haven't met anyone who made me want to give up what I have now. And the thing is, I know far more people who are unhappily married than people who are happily married. One of my colleagues, who's a little older than me but has been married six years now, has actually told me he envies me...several times now! My parents, who are Christians and the most "moral"-type people I know, are sure as hell not happy in their marriage, and I know for sure I don't want to be like them.

One thing I will agree with...if your sole reason for staying single is that you want to keep sleeping with random strangers you meet at parties, then that is a totally idiotic, shallow mentality. You'd be surprised at how old that shit gets after a while, particularly once you get to be my age and you don't have oversexed, adolescent friends standing around telling you how cool you are because you're banging a different girl every weekend. People want to do that because they have this idea that fucking a whole bunch of other people will somehow make them happy. That's just like those people who go shopping endlessly, buying lots of expensive crap they don't need, thinking that having all those things will fill this empty, gaping hole in their lives. Wanting to have sex with lots and lots of people is exactly the same sort of delusional mentality.

So, the point I'm making is...marriage won't necessarily make you a happier person, but neither will staying single so that you can have lots of sex with lots of people. If getting married is TRULY what you want, and you know you've found the right person, then fine. But you really don't need a spouse to have a rich, fulfilling life any more than you need to sleep around. It's all in your head. Decide what you REALLY want - not what your friends, family, religion, etc. tell you - and go for that.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 02:14:05 AM »

Eh...Just because a person doesn't share your same morals and values that does not make them immoral, weak or lazy. Monogamy might work for some but not for others. Its not right not make sweeping generalizations like this. I'm sure many people would be much happier by being sexually promiscuous. And do you have data to back your theory that most people aren't happy AND that their unhappiness is directly linked to their not being monogamous or are you just blowing shit out of your mouth? It seems like you're just making vast sweeping judgments and assumptions based on the culture that you have been indoctrinated into accepting. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats the impression I get.

Elevz

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 05:06:57 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uopIY-c_7eg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uopIY-c_7eg</a>

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »

Eh...Just because a person doesn't share your same morals and values that does not make them immoral, weak or lazy. Monogamy might work for some but not for others. Its not right not make sweeping generalizations like this. I'm sure many people would be much happier by being sexually promiscuous. And do you have data to back your theory that most people aren't happy AND that their unhappiness is directly linked to their not being monogamous or are you just blowing shit out of your mouth? It seems like you're just making vast sweeping judgments and assumptions based on the culture that you have been indoctrinated into accepting. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats the impression I get.

So you don't think going to bars for the simple purpose of sleeping with women, and then to never talk to them again, is immoral? Our society is in the shit were in because of lack of morals. Look how 12 year old girls dress these days. It's a signal of a declining morality. People don't need sex, it's that simple. They only think they need it, and people who can't keep a monogamous relationship are weak minded. They need that short term statisfcation for something they don't even need to survive or be happy. It's an immature, adolesent life style. How many people do you know who are truely  happy. I've never met one. And most people I know aren't married.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:02:40 PM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »
^ Fuckin' preach that shit!