Author Topic: Yo, I'm just curious (Islam question)  (Read 476 times)

Jamal420

Re: Yo, I'm just curious (Islam question)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2002, 08:00:44 PM »
i've said this in another post.....most of us already know this but some of us might not.......MUSLIMS,CHRISTIANS, and JEWS all believe in the same ONE,SINGLE,ALMIGHTY GOD....except we all have different names.....ALLAH,GOD, and JEWS refer to god as YAHVEH....i believe....i'm not sure about the last one so someone correct me if I'm wrong

its all just about one religion believing that the other is incomplete.....JEWS had their TORAH....then CHRISTIANS added the NEW TESTAMENT to include the life of Jesus (peace be upon him)....then the QURAN came into being to include what us MUSLIMS believe in addition to what the other 2 religions believe.....the TORAH and BIBLE are HOLY BOOKS in ISLAM.....in addition to the QURAN....but that is where we go for wisdom and help
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2002, 08:19:14 PM »

Not true :) That would mean the Reverend Jim Jones is in heaven right now, for killing people with the Kool Aid.  Christ is our way into heaven, but our actions will be judged, Christ's mercy won't save us alone, we must hold up our end of the covenant too.  Many Christians try to take the easy way out, and say Christ saved them, when it's a 2 way deal, Christ did his part, and we gotta do our part.  You are not saved simply because you accept Christ as your saviour, you have to accept him, and follow the lord's commandments.  

Peace~

No my friend, you are incorrect. You are saved because you accept Christ as your savior. I'm pretty sure that you've read John 3:16. And your making it out as like I said "All you gotta say is you accepted Christ into your heart and everything is okay for the rest of your life". Of course not. Part of having Christ as your Lord and Savior is striving to have a relationship with him. And having a relationship with him is following his laws etc. Those all go hand in hand.

But what if you just became a Christian and then a day, an hour or a second later the rapture occurs? Does that mean he's not going to heaven eventhough he did not have the opportunity to follow the Lord's commandments and do things that people who have been Christians all their lives had the opportunity to do? There is a parable that addresses this very issue.

It does not matter how long you've been a Christian or not even how many deeds you've done for the Lord. What matters is the sincereity in your heart and if you really believe Christ died for you.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2002, 09:29:55 PM »

No my friend, you are incorrect. You are saved because you accept Christ as your savior. I'm pretty sure that you've read John 3:16. And your making it out as like I said "All you gotta say is you accepted Christ into your heart and everything is okay for the rest of your life". Of course not. Part of having Christ as your Lord and Savior is striving to have a relationship with him. And having a relationship with him is following his laws etc. Those all go hand in hand.

But what if you just became a Christian and then a day, an hour or a second later the rapture occurs? Does that mean he's not going to heaven eventhough he did not have the opportunity to follow the Lord's commandments and do things that people who have been Christians all their lives had the opportunity to do? There is a parable that addresses this very issue.

It does not matter how long you've been a Christian or not even how many deeds you've done for the Lord. What matters is the sincereity in your heart and if you really believe Christ died for you.

I agree with that, but you said all you have to do is accept Christ, LOL.  Not true.  Of course if you die just after accepting christ you'll be fine, but what if you only go to church on sunday, then ignore christ's teachings the rest of the week? You have to live it, and hold up your end of the bargain.  That includes god's 2 greatest commandments (according to Jesus) Love thy god, and Love thy neighbor.  and Love just doesn't mean no bad will towards them, Love means actively helping them in their life, through charity and good works.  Once again, I'll show you a scripture.  Of course you'll ignore it, like you did the other ones, but I draw your attention to the ENTIRE CHAPTER of James Chapter 2 in the new testament, which reads, in part:

James 2:14  ¶ What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15  If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16  and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18  ¶ Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

19  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21  Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Gen. 22.1-14

22  Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23  And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith,
        Abraham believed God,
and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: Gen. 15.6  

and he was called the Friend of God. 2 Chr. 20.7 · Is. 41.8  
24  Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25  Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? Josh. 2.1-21

26  For as the body without the spirit 1 is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Plain, Black and white, from the bible.  Faith alone in Jesus Christ does not save us, but you must also do the work of the lord.  You said "It does not matter how long you've been a Christian or not even how many deeds you've done for the Lord."... You're right about the first part, time plays no consideration, but how many deeds you've done definately does, as it says right here in black and white.  Peace~

infinite59

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2002, 10:00:23 PM »

Not true :) That would mean the Reverend Jim Jones is in heaven right now, for killing people with the Kool Aid.  Christ is our way into heaven, but our actions will be judged, Christ's mercy won't save us alone, we must hold up our end of the covenant too.  Many Christians try to take the easy way out, and say Christ saved them, when it's a 2 way deal, Christ did his part, and we gotta do our part.  You are not saved simply because you accept Christ as your saviour, you have to accept him, and follow the lord's commandments.  

Peace~

All I know was that when my mind was in hell and I was worshipping women instead of God... I needed to make serious changes to my way of thinking, I was in great need of knowledge and discipline, simply accepting Jesus Christ, would have done little, if I needed a quick fix, I would jerk off.

techniec

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2002, 03:30:13 AM »

bends over cause prince tech is kuni mesleh nanash, boro bache khali pohroo shodi digeh, khareh jendeh rodo begah, onam khali kus keshe

you callin me a Kuni,
mara megee?
me?

*flicks cigarette and starts walking towards doogy*

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2002, 04:16:00 AM »

No my friend, you are incorrect. You are saved because you accept Christ as your savior. I'm pretty sure that you've read John 3:16.

And sorry man, but I have to call you on these particular 2 statements.  This is a typical example, of how things are picked and pulled from the bible to prove a point.  People always go on and on about John 3:16, but they never finish the chapter.  If you would read on, it clearly states that your deeds are how your heart is judged.  So when you say "it does not matter.... even how many deeds you've done for the lord, it shows that you ignored the rest of the chapter (which happens all the time)... Here's the rest of the chapter.

16  ¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  (you quoted this)

17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (people always leave this off, but God does not condemn people, he wants them to be saved.)

18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19  And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (You are condemned according to your deeds, not because of god's will, and according to your actions, not just  your heart)

20  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. (NOBODY comes to the light, lest his DEEDS should be proved)

21  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. (You show your goodness through your deeds)

Again, simple black and white.  People over analyze the bible, it's very literal.  It says right there, in that chapter, that you come to god through jesus, and you are condemned and 'brought to the light" by your deeds.  If you take just the one verse, and isolate it, sure, it says you receive ETERNAL LIFE.  SATAN believes in Jesus, and as such, has eternal Life.  He's just eternally damned.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2002, 04:20:40 AM »

bends over cause prince tech is kuni mesleh nanash, boro bache khali pohroo shodi digeh, khareh jendeh rodo begah, onam khali kus keshe

LMFAOROFLLOL!!! haahahaha  ;D ;D
lol "mesleh nanash" lmao

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2002, 01:00:50 PM »

I agree with that, but you said all you have to do is accept Christ, LOL.  Not true.  Of course if you die just after accepting christ you'll be fine, but what if you only go to church on sunday, then ignore christ's teachings the rest of the week? You have to live it, and hold up your end of the bargain.  That includes god's 2 greatest commandments (according to Jesus) Love thy god, and Love thy neighbor.  and Love just doesn't mean no bad will towards them, Love means actively helping them in their life, through charity and good works.  Once again, I'll show you a scripture.  Of course you'll ignore it, like you did the other ones, but I draw your attention to the ENTIRE CHAPTER of James Chapter 2 in the new testament, which reads, in part:

James 2:14  ¶ What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15  If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16  and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18  ¶ Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

19  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21  Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Gen. 22.1-14

22  Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23  And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith,
        Abraham believed God,
and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: Gen. 15.6  

and he was called the Friend of God. 2 Chr. 20.7 · Is. 41.8  
24  Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25  Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? Josh. 2.1-21

26  For as the body without the spirit 1 is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Plain, Black and white, from the bible.  Faith alone in Jesus Christ does not save us, but you must also do the work of the lord.  You said "It does not matter how long you've been a Christian or not even how many deeds you've done for the Lord."... You're right about the first part, time plays no consideration, but how many deeds you've done definately does, as it says right here in black and white.  Peace~

I feel you on those points. Doing deeds in the Lords name is part of being a Christian no doubt, but your relationship with Him is important as well. It's like your saying dees are more important.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2002, 04:42:18 AM »
I'm sorry that message came across.

The most important thing is definately your relationship with him, and that you love and honor your god.  The most important moment in the history of the world was Jesus being martyred, because he did it for everyone, not just his people, but everyone.  

However, you have to show your faith through your deeds, if possible (like you said though, if you immediately die, you don't have the opportunity to even!).  If everyone was saved just by believing in christ, the devil would be saved... Cain believed in God, he even TALKED to him.  But he's not saved, because his deeds (killed his brother, was the original murderer) were not consistant with god's commandments (which weren't even necessary back then, lol).  

Peace~

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2002, 02:38:44 PM »
I'm sorry that message came across.

The most important thing is definately your relationship with him, and that you love and honor your god.  The most important moment in the history of the world was Jesus being martyred, because he did it for everyone, not just his people, but everyone.  

However, you have to show your faith through your deeds, if possible (like you said though, if you immediately die, you don't have the opportunity to even!).  If everyone was saved just by believing in christ, the devil would be saved... Cain believed in God, he even TALKED to him.  But he's not saved, because his deeds (killed his brother, was the original murderer) were not consistant with god's commandments (which weren't even necessary back then, lol).  

Peace~

Word, I understand what your sayin'.

Peace

THA SAUCE HOUSE