Author Topic: [Dubcnn] Snoop Dogg's West Fest (Ventura 6/14) Review & Videos  (Read 260 times)

We Fly High

http://www.dubcnn.com/events/westfest2008/#shows

Dubcnn has some exclusive videos to present from the Ventura date; Snoop Dogg performing "Ain't No Fun" Feat. Kurupt & Warren G, Warren G performing "Regulate", and a drop from Bad Lucc & Damani.

This past Saturday, the West Fest tour kicked off at the Ventura Theatre with a great start. The venue was completely sold out, and upon arriving, lined with enthusiastic fans. To open for the evening, Domino hit the stage with his performance of "Getto Jam". Westurn Union followed up with a performance of their new self titled single featuring BJ Tha Chicago Kidd. Damani, Bad Lucc, & Soopafly also did some of their solo material including, "Inglewood", "Where You From", and "Loosen Control", respectively.

Warzone (MC Eiht, Kam, & Goldie Loc) came out next to represent Compton, Watts, and Long Beach. They performed their new single "Love Me A G", and also some of their solo classics including "Streiht Up Menace", "Whoop Whoop", and "G'd Up". Mistah F.A.B., the only Bay Area artist on the tour, kept true to his title of "Freestyle King", and also performed numerous selections including "Ghost Ride It" and "Super Sic Wid It".

The evening just got started as Tha Dogg Pound hit the stage, and ran through a plethora of classics including "Nothin But The Cavi Hit", "Who Ride With Us", "We Can Freak It", "Big Pimpin", "What Would U Do", and more. After a healthy dose of west coast hip hop, the crowd was ready for the king of the coast, Snoop Dogg, and his DJ, Warren G. Warren captured the crowd with "Regulate" and "This DJ", while Snoop gave the people the classics they wanted to hear, "Whats My Name", "Aint No Fun", and also some of his newer tracks like "Life Of Da Party" & "Sensual Seduction"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:33:59 AM by We Fly High »

~Lucien~

Re: [Dubcnn] Snoop Dogg's West Fest (Ventura 6/14) Review.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »
lucky americans haha

acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:39:01 PM »
yeah, seen the show in Chico last night...that review about sums it up.  Dope show...snoop and warren were the best.  Fuckin daz seemed to have lost his voice and was lip syncing some of his songs.  Also, when they did regulate, the record they used was that explicit version that is floating around the web in shitty quality....so apparently it exists cdq.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: [Dubcnn] Snoop Dogg's West Fest (Ventura 6/14) Review & Videos
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 05:27:41 AM »
Good shit!!

marcin1712

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:36:37 AM »
good to see Warren back on the stage, Snoop was also grat in Ain't no fun but.... Nate Dogg we miss you :(

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »
What?  Soopafly performs only 2 songs?  "Westurn Union" and "Loosing Control"??  What about all his newer stuff like Bangin Westcoast?  He has smaller parts in both those songs, that's probably only a total time of about 3 minutes of his voice.  Man, i'd feel ripped off if I would have went.  If I were Fly, i'd be like "what's the point of even going if you all are going to let me on the stage for only like 2 minutes?" 

It's really telling what the other artists think of their newer music.  You got Warren G who's released 5 or 6 albums worth of material since "Regulate" in 1994, yet, all the songs he did were from that album.  Then Dogg Pound did mostly stuff from the Death Row era, nothing from Dillinger & Young Gotti (I or II), or any of their post 2000 stuff.  Then Snoop always performs his Doggystyle stuff.

These people always whine (esp. Snoop) about how they've branched out from the Death Row Gangsta era type songs and they've developed new sounds and stuff with their newer albums, yet, when they go perform live, they only perform their old stuff that they are trying to get away from.  It's all good, cause they know that's what the fans want to hear, but if they know that's what the fans want to hear, the why don't they make an album like that?  Warren performs 2 songs, Regulate and This DJ...2 of his best G-Funk songs, so then on this new album, he's got songs that don't even sound like G-Funk....I don't get it.

We Fly High

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:13:43 AM »
soopafly did a bunch of songs with the group, but i dont want to list all of them.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
yeah, seen the show in Chico last night...that review about sums it up.  Dope show...snoop and warren were the best.  Fuckin daz seemed to have lost his voice and was lip syncing some of his songs.  Also, when they did regulate, the record they used was that explicit version that is floating around the web in shitty quality....so apparently it exists cdq.
yeah I saw Warren perform regulate live a few years ago and that explicit version played then too

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »
soopafly did a bunch of songs with the group, but i dont want to list all of them.

What other songs did he perform!??  Us Soopafly fans must know!  Also, did you get close enough to smell him and tell me what kind of cologne he was wearing?  Was he wearing house-shoes?  If so, what kind were they?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »
wish the dogg pound would come to the uk.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson