Author Topic: Black on Both Sides or Reflection Eternal  (Read 491 times)

infinite59

Black on Both Sides or Reflection Eternal
« on: July 22, 2002, 05:39:19 AM »
I'm going to have to go against my Muslim brother Mos Def and say that Talib's album was better, maybe because he had Hi-Tek with him, or it could be because Talib can come a little harder than Mos Def can.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Black on Both Sides or Reflection Eternal
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 03:39:50 AM »
Both were very innovative albums but for me personally i'd choose "Reflection Eternal (Train Of Thought") over "Black on Both Sides". For one I prefer Talib over Mos Def as an MC, another there were better beats and it was more of a complete album for me, I personally consider it a classic, I can listen to it throughout without skipping a track. But with "Black On Both Sides" there were a few skippable tracks, I think due to the beats, Mos ventured into some weird type of production on some tracks that I didn't enjoy very much, it was still worth picking up though, no doubt.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 07:25:07 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1027352359;start=0#1 date=07/23/02 at 08:39:50]Both were very innovative albums but for me personally i'd choose "Reflection Eternal (Train Of Thought") over "Black on Both Sides". For one I prefer Talib over Mos Def as an MC, another there were better beats and it was more of a complete album for me, I personally consider it a classic, I can listen to it throughout without skipping a track. But with "Black On Both Sides" there were a few skippable tracks, I think due to the beats, Mos ventured into some weird type of production on some tracks that I didn't enjoy very much, it was still worth picking up though, no doubt.

i agree

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 10:20:04 AM »
IMHO, Black On Both Sides is the better album overall, but I definitely miss Hi-Tek's beats!

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2002, 06:10:02 AM »
na this is too close. can't pick.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Scribe

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2002, 03:13:32 AM »
Hard choice as Mos and Talib have equal skills as MC's but my choice is Train Of Thought due to Hi-Teks outstanding production.
"Without The Elements It's All Irrelevent" Jurassic 5

"This world better acknowledge me I'm over ambitious
Do almost anything to rob a genie for his wishes." 57th Dynasty

"We didn't give a toss about money, fame or stardom
Just about the culture, the music, slang and jargon." Blak Twang

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude" Public Enemy

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Of My Face" Zach De La Rocha