Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS:NELLY AND CAM'RON STOP BEEFS?  (Read 438 times)

themovie

BREAKING NEWS:NELLY AND CAM'RON STOP BEEFS?
« on: July 22, 2002, 09:32:28 PM »
Nelly Lays The KRS One Issue To Rest
By The Blackspot, BET.com Staff Writer

Posted July 19, 2002-- It seems to be apology week at Rap City. If you were watching yesterday, you would have caught Cam'ron's open apology to Nas' daughter and mother for a diss record that he recorded a day after Nas blasted him and other artists for being "wack." Today on "Rap City," multi-platinum rap star Nelly made peace with the legendary KRS One. Their whole riff stems from Nelly's song "#1" from the "Training Day" soundtrack in which he raps, "I'm tired of people judgin' what's real Hip-Hop Half the time you be them n****z who f***in' album flop."

KRS One responded with verse on a song called, "Clear 'Em Out" where he responds to Nelly's line. This started a back and forth of unkind words that eventually grew into a mess of KRS calling for a boycott of Nelly's now platinum Nellyville album and Nelly responding in the press, "I respect dirty and all," He told "The Source" magazine in a recent issue. "I'm not a battle rapper but I'll rap up the battle."

As the verbal tit-for-tat wound down, Nelly decided to appear on "Rap City" to finally squash the issue. You can check it out today at 4 p.m. (ET) on "Rap City: Da Bassment." Just to tease you, we've put up a clip of Nelly's appearance on the show. Also, check out our Nelly Vs. KRS One timeline in the "See Also" menu to the left.

Cam'ron Settles The Score With Nas
By The Blackspot, BET.com Staff Writer

Posted July 18, 2002-- Last Friday on an episode of "106 & Park," rapper Cam'ron had some interesting (to say the least) things to say about Nas in the heat-up that still seems to be brewing since Nas began his war with New York radio station Hot 97. During "106 & Park," Cam'ron called out Nas, saying "you're not built for this," and "you got me acting out of my character."  Cam'ron also told hosts Free and AJ that he went into the studio the next day and recorded a diss record aimed at Nas that also makes reference to Nas' mother and daughter.

Cam's statements were in response to comments that Nas made on another New York station a day after Hot 97 refused to let him lynch a Jay-Z dummy while performing his battle record "Ether." (Nas denies the simulated lynching was part of his show.) Nas told DJ Deja vu of New York's Power 105, "I like Cam and everything. He's a good lyricist but the album is wack. Y'all brothers gotta start rapping about something that's real."
Nas then went on to yet another New York station and reiterated his feelings about Cam'ron's lyrics along with his dissatisfaction with Noreaga and Nelly
After Cam'ron's verbal thrashing of Nas, he returned to BET today, this time on "Rap City." In case you missed it, Cam explained exactly why he went at Nas and made amends for dragging in Nas' loved ones.

We've included the clips from "106th & Park" as well as today's "Rap City." This type of display shows a maturity and gentleman-like sportsmanship that many other rap artists should take note of.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

themovie

Re: BREAKING NEWS:NELLY AND CAM'RON STOP BEEFS?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 09:33:56 PM »
Check it out the clips from camron:
http://www.bet.com/articles/0,,c3gb3346-4014,00.html

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 09:55:21 PM »
fuckin pussies,  rap needs another good battle.  tha more beefs tha more reping where your from,  tha more rappin bout real shit.  When you battlin you got suptin to prove so u put your all into your shit.  If more rappers battled it would help clean out tha bull shit in rap.  but now a days rappers r obcessed wit sippin cris up in clubs cuz they all be thugs rollin on doves.  rap is dyin.  battle rap is part of hip hop,  fuck cam an nelly

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 03:54:52 AM »
I think Cam should of apologised, there was no need for him to bring Nas' daughter and mother into it, that was just some weak shit, but as for Nelly, he has just made himself look like an even wacker MC, so much for him (w)rapping up the battle  :P

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.