Author Topic: I'm Probably The Only One Here Who Cares but...  (Read 133 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm Probably The Only One Here Who Cares but...
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »
ESPN's Chad Ford just published a new mock draft. He mentions a potential Portland/Memphis trade: "... the No. 13 pick and the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz to Memphis for No. 5, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins." I'm getting e-mail from readers in Portland every few minutes claiming this is already done, but am assured that is not so. Whom would the Blazers select if they could get the fifth pick? Insiders are all over the map. Russell Westbrook, Joe Alexander, and O.J. Mayo have all been mentioned. (For what it's worth, John Hollinger's projections consider Westbrook a marginal prospect.)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: I'm Probably The Only One Here Who Cares but...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:20:34 PM »
This will be worse than the Gasol trade for Memphis.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »
Probably, but I'll go for it. Its only fair. After this its only 27 more favors to go. lol. nah, trade rumors (if they come to fruition) rarely happen as reported. I'm sure they'd ask for Outlaw in this deal, and chances are they would also be trying to dump Mike Miller as well. More players would have to be added at any rate. this deal wont happen as it is being reported.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:05:38 PM »
why the fuck would Memphis do that, what the heck is in it for them :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:13:51 PM »
why the fuck would Memphis do that, what the heck is in it for them :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

savings of around 20 million salary+luxury tax (or so is being reported)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »
Who the hell do the Grizzlies think they're gunna get with all that money? LMAO@them thinking anyone wants to voluntarily sign with Memphis.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:22:47 PM »
Sad. So many people would love to run an NBA franchise and those fucks do nothing with it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
Who the hell do the Grizzlies think they're gunna get with all that money? LMAO@them thinking anyone wants to voluntarily sign with Memphis.
a lot of players are greedy fucks who would sign if that cash is thrown at them.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 06:08:32 PM »
Sad. So many people would love to run an NBA franchise and those fucks do nothing with it.

On the other hand, if they do ending saving enough money and landing a huge star, you're gunna look dumber than they currently do for saying that...LOL

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »

On the other hand, if they do ending saving enough money and landing a huge star, you're gunna look dumber than they currently do for saying that...LOL

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
This will be worse than the Gasol trade for Memphis.
that trade was good for them

they didn't win a playoff game with gasol, they can lose them without him too
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »

If they can get far enough under the cap to have any significant amount of cap space they can get something for nothing by facilitating a trade with a BYC player or they can trade for a player from a team looking to get under the cap by sending out nothing but a huge trade exception in return for a difference maker. Cap space affords more opportunities than just free agent signings. Plus, if Marc Gasol is as good as you make him out to be, they might be a relatively attractive market for free agents with a talented young core of Conley/Crittenton, Gay (imagine if they draft Kevin Love, they'll have Gay Love on their team) Mike Miller and this Gasol character. There's worse situations a young FA could go to. Plus a free agent knows that an organization like Memphis would have to overpay for their services because Memphis even with the young nucleus in place is not a real hotbed to free agents in general, BUT if the young players pan out, its a different story.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:16:16 PM by Turf Hitta »

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 09:11:28 PM »
^^Exactly...Only a few of these young players need to step up to form a decent squad, and an established player to join the team COULD POSSIBLY make them nice. And the reason the deal would be so lopsided is to get rid of Cardinal's contract, he still has 2 years left and is getting paid ridiculous money, thanks to one year of hustle and excessive playing time with Golden State.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:44 PM »

That's why I said IF. Memphis might pull an Orlando and offer an excessive amount of money to someone like Marion...I can definitely see him wanting to be the face of a franchise alongside Gay.