Author Topic: Rodney Jerkins and Cash Money collaborate  (Read 340 times)

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
Rodney Jerkins and Cash Money collaborate
« on: July 19, 2002, 06:41:42 AM »
Ronald Williams, CEO and Bryan “Baby” Williams Co-CEO of the successful Cash Money Records imprint have put a halt on the bidding-war and officially signed an exclusive production and distribution deal with Rodney Jerkins for Dark Child Records/Entertainment. Under the terms of the deal, Cash Money Records will distribute, co-promote and market records with Dark Child Records/Entertainment.

In 1998, Cash Money Records signed a lucrative deal with Universal Records and has enjoyed a successful run dominating the charts while selling over 20 million records over the past 3-year period. Ronald Williams and Bryan “Baby” Williams have been responsible for a string of commercial hits that read like a litany of modern-day hip-hop classics. The label’s platinum albums include: Juvenile’s 400 Degreez and Tha G-Code, the Hot Boys Guerrilla Warfare, B.G.’s Chopper City In The Ghetto and Checkmate, and Lil Wayne’s Tha Block Is Hot. The Cash Money vision is not limited to music. The success of their double-platinum straight-to-video Baller Blockin movie in 2000 and the purchase of the movie rights and screen adaptation for the Terri Woods novel True To The Game, is a testament to Ronald and Bryan Williams business savvy and drive.

At the age of 14, Rodney Jerkins produced, packaged and sold his first album marking the beginning of his meteoric rise as a self contained musician, songwriter, producer and executive producer earning him a most coveted title “hit-maker” in the music industry. With his knowledge and experience of music, Rodney expanded his creative endeavors and launched Dark Child Entertainment. Dark Child has become one of the most sought after for hit-making production, generating huge hits for mega-stars Destiny's Child, Brandy, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Lopez, Aaliyah, and Michael Jackson, selling an astounding 130 million records overall to date.

In the first year, Ronald Williams and Rodney Jerkins plan to collaborate on three-five national releases from the Dark Child/Cash Money/Universal imprint. The fist project from the joint venture is expected from platinum-selling R&B female sensations Blaque.

www.cashmoney-records.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Jome

Re: Rodney Jerkins and Cash Money collaborate
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 07:06:45 AM »
Isn't Rodney some kinda mix between J.D. & Irv Gotti, just mixing up what's hot in the hiphop, and copying it?

That Brandy-track he did was a dope instrumental, but it sounded like a Rockwilder-ripoff.

Sikotic™

Re: Rodney Jerkins and Cash Money collaborate
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 09:55:51 AM »
Ive enjoyed Rodney Jerkins productions so more power to him and Cash Money
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE