Author Topic: Homegirl wants to get an abortion...turned to me for help. What to do?  (Read 1361 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Alright, here's the story...

So a few days ago, my homies girlfriend (18 years old) told me she had an important question for me, which was gunna be very difficult for her to ask... She called me up yesterday and found the courage to tell me that she was pregnant and that she wasn't physically, mentally, or financially ready to have a baby. She wants absolutely no one to find out about this. Now, the girl is broke as fuck, no job, no income...nothing, so she asked if I could lend her $390 for an abortion. I asked her when she'd be able to pay me back, and she said it'd be a few months (keep in mind, she still needs to get a job and what not). Anyways, I told her I'd get back to her and now I'm pretty stuck on what to say/do. On one hand, I think it would be nice to lend a helping hand, sort of a good deed, if you may. On the other hand, I think she fucked up and should learn how to take responsibility in life...also, I dunno how I feel about my money going towards killing a baby.

Another thing...Her man owes me 120 bux. I lent it to him a couple month ago, and he was gunna pay me back in a timely manner, like he usually does, but he ended up getting fired from his job...so now he's been stuck financially and I'm still waiting on my payback from his ass.

What would you do in this situation? I don't wanna be fucked up, but I also don't wanna take the bullet for someone elses mistakes. Any opinions on this matter are appreciated...PeACe

OchoCinco

fucked up situation...u think mayb she could just be playin u for $390???

OG Hack Wilson

So a few days ago, my homies girlfriend (18 years old) told me she had an important question for me, which was gunna be very difficult for her to ask... She called me up yesterday and found the courage to tell me that she was pregnant and that she wasn't physically, mentally, or financially ready to have a baby. She wants absolutely no one to find out about this. Now, the girl is broke as fuck, no job, no income...nothing, so she asked if I could lend her $390 for an abortion. I asked her when she'd be able to pay me back, and she said it'd be a few months (keep in mind, she still needs to get a job and what not). Anyways, I told her I'd get back to her and now I'm pretty stuck on what to say/do. On one hand, I think it would be nice to lend a helping hand, sort of a good deed, if you may. On the other hand, I think she fucked up and should learn how to take responsibility in life...also, I dunno how I feel about my money going towards killing a baby.

Another thing...Her man owes me 120 bux. I lent it to him a couple month ago, and he was gunna pay me back in a timely manner, like he usually does, but he ended up getting fired from his job...so now he's been stuck financially and I'm still waiting on my payback from his ass.

What would you do in this situation? I don't wanna be fucked up, but I also don't wanna take the bullet for someone elses mistakes. Any opinions on this matter are appreciated...PeACe

i hate to sound cold

but you shouldn't have to pay for their mistake of not being a little more careful.

dude owes you 120 bones and his girl wants 390??  is she gonna fuck you for it? thats the only way Hack Wilson would say yes.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is she a Laker fan?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

fucked up situation...u think mayb she could just be playin u for $390???

I thought about that, but I highly doubt it...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

i hate to sound cold

but you shouldn't have to pay for their mistake of not being a little more careful.

dude owes you 120 bones and his girl wants 390??  is she gonna fuck you for it? thats the only way Hack Wilson would say yes.

I probably coulda' fucked her by now if I really wanted to. but that's besides the point...I ain't even tryna get up in that. LOL. I just hate to turn down someone when they're in desperate need of my help. I'm the type of person you can depend on. Despite me being a Jew and all, I'd like to think of myself as a very generous and reliable guy. I dunno, it's just a fucked up situation overall...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:12:51 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Is she a Laker fan?

Naah...As a matter of fact, she called me up and left an enthusiastic voicemail shouting her happy ass off when the Lakers were eliminated on Tuesday. LOL. Another reason to turn her down?

OG Hack Wilson

i hate to sound cold

I probably coulda' fucked her by now if I really want to. but that's besides the point...I ain't even tryna get up in that. LOL. I just hate to turn down someone when they're in desperate need of my help. I'm the type of person you can depend on. Despite me being a Jew and all, I'd like to think of myself as a very generous and reliable guy. I dunno, it's just a fucked up situation overall...PeACe

what your feeling is compassion

but don't let that overcome common sense.  390 bones is more than just a days work for most people, you got bills to pay son.

it's not your fault she doesn't have a job or backup plan.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
there's a few things to consider when making a decision about this.

first the question of ethics & values.
me personally, I'm against abortion. so I wouldn't lend anybody money for that regardless of who they are.
if you're also anti-abortion, then that's one reason not to lend her the money.

secondly, the question is regarding your view on money.
personally, I didn't value money about 9 years ago as much as I do now because of certain events. this has taught me to be very responsible and careful on where I spend my money and whether or not I should let someone borrow any money. with smaller amounts (like $5 to $10) I'd lend it to only close friends that I knew were dependable on paying me back or helped me out some other way.
judging by this person, it doesn't seem like they're quite dependable on paying you back regardless of their intention. if they have no job right now or anything, chances are they wouldn't be able to pay you back for a while, if at all.
if you can live without the #390 (plus the $120 that's still owing) then probably wouldn't worry you; but I'm quite sure that that amount is quite significant for you as it would be for most people.

finally, try imagining yourself in her position and putting her in your position.
what do you think she'd do?
if you think that she'd lend you money for something that's equivalent to her situation, then you might be more inclined to lend her the money.
but there's also the strong possibility that if you had no job and need $390 that she wouldn't lend it to you because there would also be a strong chance that you wouldn't be able to pay the amount back.
plus like you said, why would you take the bullet for someone else's mistakes; if she was asking u for some other type of help that was more reasonable, then it'd probably be easier to help; but a money loan of that much makes it difficult.

if you're leaning towards saying no to her and looking for a reason, just say your anti-abortion and how you think killing unborn babies is wrong.

it may be hard to say no if you feel you're a reliable person.
I'm like that as well; hell, I've even helped people out by tutoring them for free, writing essays for them, giving them advice, etc. only for them to stop talking to me for whatever reason.
the point though is that while it might be good to help, don't dig other people out of the holes they've made themselves. give a helping hand in some other way if possible but don't solve their whole mess; because then they'll constantly come to you and ask u for help.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

WestCoasta

she was pregnant and that she wasn't physically, mentally, or financially ready to have a baby. She wants absolutely no one to find out about this. Now, the girl is broke as fuck, no job, no income...nothing

first of all, this chick is a dumbass
if you have no money, no job and you're 18... it's probably not the greatest idea to be having unprotected sex
but ya know, she's broke and can't afford condoms right?

anyway, I say you lend her the money for the abortion
she's obviously young and irresponsible,  on top of that she doesn't seem to want the baby
people like this are a drain on society... she has this baby and it's just another statistic to add to the pile

it's not fair to the kid to put it in the fucked up situation
if anything, this is where abortions come in handy the most
having the baby as a "responsible" wakeup is not a smart idea
add to that a bad economy, welfare ain't gonna be enough for the girl

another thing to take into consideration is the relationship between the couple
it's a man's business to know if the girl is pregnant
however, what she decides to do with the baby is her choice
men don't know what it's like to have a baby so they can't tell a girl to get one or not get one

you said she's coming to you in confidence
so I take it you won't say anything ever to the boyfriend if she gets it?
if he's your homie, you might have a tough time keeping such an important fact from him

but like I said, it's her choice
I think she needs to get the abortion because she's too young
have the baby and you might as well press the STOP button on the remote as far as life is concerned
you should lend her the money because it may well end up being the right thing to do

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this is totally from a personal standpoint.  I've seen a lotta people have kids, and it totally fucked up any aspirations they might have had in life.  if i were you, i'd give her the money and chalk it up as a good deed.  if your worried about what God might think, as long as you have a good reason for doing what you think is right, i dont think God will have a problem with you.  other then that, she's only 18, she's got her whole life in front of her, and i dont think she want to fuck everything up cuz she can't get ahold of $390.  If you got the paper NIK, i say just give it to her for the abortion, if you don't have it, it's not gonna be hard for her to find someone to let her borrow $390.  i know if i was 18 and i needed money, i'd just call up my drug dealing homies and they'd hook it up fosho.

The Real Kilo2

How is she not physically ready? I believe if she can actually have it, she should give it up for adoption. Hopefully within the time of the pregnancy, she could get a job to help pay for the medical and hopefully have the baby in some sort of secrecy. I am personally anti-abortion in most cases, but this case it might be best for her and your friend. If she is a generally honest person and you support her decision, give her the money. So, my final decision is give her the money, but it's all your choice main man. Question is, will this $390 effect your financial stability? If you don't got the full $390 I would suggest giving her what you could, because it would show at least you care and hopefully earn you some points in the big picture. I'm just babbling  :-X , but whatever your choice is I hope it works out for you.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If you feel very uncomfortable in lending out money for an abortion, then you should tell her that.  The fucked up part is that as more time passes, the procedure will just become much more expensive.  Personally, I would lend the money but also be on her ass to get a job asap.  Even to go as far as helping her get a job. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
well, its not your place to pay for someone elses mistakes..BUT, there are enough ppl on welfare, and since she has no job, thats probably what she will turn to if she has it. 

id lend her the money, but get that loan on paper.  i know it might be a shifty thing to ask for, but if she has no job, how the fuck she gonna pay you back? lol  at least this way, you have SOMETHING to make sure she pays you back.

if your not gonna lend her the money, convince her to talk to a family member that WILL lend her the money..cause if she KNOWS she doesnt wanna have this baby, how is she gonna handle it if she cant get anyone to help her?  she will either A) have it, and live a fucked up life for the rest of her life, B) try a home abortion, and she might kill herself or damage her goods that prevent her from having a child when she is ready.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is she a Laker fan?

Naah...As a matter of fact, she called me up and left an enthusiastic voicemail shouting her happy ass off when the Lakers were eliminated on Tuesday. LOL. Another reason to turn her down?

IM suprised yuor even asking me lol