Author Topic: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President  (Read 336 times)

J Bananas

  • Guest
90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
The Washington Post reports "an overwhelming public openness to the idea of electing an African American to the presidency."

    In a Post-ABC News poll last month, nearly nine in 10 whites said they would be comfortable with a black president. While fewer whites, about two-thirds, said they would be "entirely comfortable" with it, that was more than double the percentage of all adults who said they would be so at ease with someone entering office for the first time at age 72, which McCain (R-Ariz.) would do should he prevail in November.

But the good news may stop there. "As Sen. Barack Obama opens his campaign as the first African American on a major party presidential ticket, nearly half of all Americans say race relations in the country are in bad shape and three in 10 acknowledge feelings of racial prejudice," according to the same poll.

    Overall, 51 percent call the current state of race relations "excellent" or "good," about the same as said so five years ago. That is a relative thaw from more negative ratings in the 1990s, but the gap between whites and blacks on the issue is now the widest it has been in polls dating to early 1992.


    More than six in 10 African Americans now rate race relations as "not so good" or "poor," while 53 percent of whites hold more positive views. Opinions are also divided along racial lines, though less so, on whether blacks face discrimination. There is more similarity on feelings of personal racial prejudice: Thirty percent of whites and 34 percent of blacks admit such sentiments.

Moreover, the Post reports in a separate story that Obama's historic primary victory "has also sparked an increase in racist and white supremacist activity, mainly on the Internet, according to leaders of hate groups and the organizations that track them."

    Neo-Nazi, skinhead and segregationist groups have reported gains in numbers of visitors to their Web sites and in membership since the senator from Illinois secured the Democratic nomination June 3. His success has aroused a community of racists, experts said, concerned by the possibility of the country's first black president.


    "I haven't seen this much anger in a long, long time," said Billy Roper, a 36-year-old who runs a group called White Revolution in Russellville, Ark. "Nothing has awakened normally complacent white Americans more than the prospect of America having an overtly nonwhite president."


The Huffington Post    |   June 22, 2008 09:19 AM
 

The King

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2349
  • Karma: -332
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
Anyone who voted for Bush, and now doesn't like Obama, should literally, be murdered. A good old genocide would be useful for clearing out these racists. People don't learn anything. Theirs no way Obama could ever do a worse job then Bush. It's amazing that racism is so apparent in society.
 

Teddy Roosevelt

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7537
  • Karma: 179
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
Look up the "Bradley effect".
 

virtuoso

  • Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3048
  • Karma: 332
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

3 things firstly...http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=184682.0
secondly perhaps they realised they had been duped by Bush or more specifically the neo con machine and now see stories like the one above with horror.
Finally like so many millions they are so deeply entrenched in their various camps, that they can't see past it. Therefore when their party does something bad they defend it and when the other party does something bad they attack it and likewise for democrat supporters. There is always some justification, alsways some way of wanting and needing to rationalise it when it's "one of the team" catching the flack.
 

J Bananas

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
Look up the "Bradley effect".

interesting.


most stats are bullshit anyway though
 

Narrator

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »
Look up the "Bradley effect".

That was my first thought, too.
 

Sikotic™

  • Moderator
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28701
  • Thanked: 2 times
  • Karma: 3136
  • PussyCunt
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 12:46:45 AM »
Bullshit! I'm black and I'm not 100% comfortable with a nigga in office.
 

Real American

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2704
  • Karma: -448
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
Anyone who voted for Bush, and now doesn't like Obama, should literally, be murdered. A good old genocide would be useful for clearing out these racists. People don't learn anything. Theirs no way Obama could ever do a worse job then Bush. It's amazing that racism is so apparent in society.

I voted for Bush and I don't like Obama.

Should I be murdered?
 

Sikotic™

  • Moderator
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28701
  • Thanked: 2 times
  • Karma: 3136
  • PussyCunt
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »
Anyone who voted for Bush, and now doesn't like Obama, should literally, be murdered. A good old genocide would be useful for clearing out these racists. People don't learn anything. Theirs no way Obama could ever do a worse job then Bush. It's amazing that racism is so apparent in society.

I voted for Bush and I don't like Obama.

Should I be murdered?
Clearly this is a poor attempt at a rhetorical question.
 

The King

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2349
  • Karma: -332
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »
Anyone who voted for Bush, and now doesn't like Obama, should literally, be murdered. A good old genocide would be useful for clearing out these racists. People don't learn anything. Theirs no way Obama could ever do a worse job then Bush. It's amazing that racism is so apparent in society.

I voted for Bush and I don't like Obama.

Should I be murdered?

Not murdered per say, but it does make you an ignorant person. You seem to not vote with your brain, which I assume you don't have, since you voted for Bush in 2004, and apparently like McCain for 2008.
 

Australian Bastard

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
If you underestimate McCain, you underestimate people's capacity to fear.
 

Þŕiņçë

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 960
  • Karma: -161
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »
I am white, and this is the first election i will be voting in. I am voting for obama!  :bandit:
 

Sikotic™

  • Moderator
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28701
  • Thanked: 2 times
  • Karma: 3136
  • PussyCunt
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »
I am white, and this is the first election i will be voting in. I am voting for obama!  :bandit:
Traitor
 

Narrator

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 04:33:30 PM »

I voted for Bush and I don't like Obama.

Should I be murdered?

You should be murdered just for being you. That's reason enough.
 

jeromechickenbone

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »
90% of statistics are manipulated.  The other 10% are margin for error :laugh:

I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.  I can't wait till this nigga drops bombs all over Iran and shatters everyones dreams of "change".  I'ma start calling him oBOMBa
 

Narrator

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.

I know!  How many white people do you know who want to talk to you about Obama at work?  And then when I tell them I'm not that big a fan of Obama, they act surprised.  I really find it almost offensive.

My mom wanted Hilary to get the nomination, and she tells me the same shit happens to her nowadays.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:44:26 PM by No More Aliases »
 

J Bananas

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
90% of statistics are manipulated.  The other 10% are margin for error :laugh:

I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.  I can't wait till this nigga drops bombs all over Iran and shatters everyones dreams of "change".  I'ma start calling him oBOMBa

I'm totally gonna add Obama as a friend on myspace, my top 12 has no blacks :(
 

Teddy Roosevelt

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7537
  • Karma: 179
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »
I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.

I know!  How many white people do you know who want to talk to you about Obama at work?  And then when I tell them I'm not that big a fan of Obama, they act surprised.  I really find it almost offensive.

My mom wanted Hilary to get the nomination, and she tells me the same shit happens to her nowadays.
Same here. In fact anybody of any race is surprised that I don't really support Obama.
 

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

  • 'G'
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 221
  • Karma: -27
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
FUCK OBAMA!! THIS COUNTRY WAS INTENDED TO BE RUN BY WHITE MEN.
 

Sikotic™

  • Moderator
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28701
  • Thanked: 2 times
  • Karma: 3136
  • PussyCunt
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 09:20:21 PM »
90% of statistics are manipulated.  The other 10% are margin for error :laugh:

I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.  I can't wait till this nigga drops bombs all over Iran and shatters everyones dreams of "change".  I'ma start calling him oBOMBa
We got a better chance with Obama than that old warmonger McCain. That old nigga is itchin to light up a weapons silo.
 

Narrator

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »
FUCK OBAMA!! THIS COUNTRY WAS INTENDED TO BE RUN BY WHITE MEN.

True.  But unfortunately for you, lots of the white men I've known had this thing for dipping towels in the pool or shower, twisting them into a rope, and then whipping people with them.  They called it "rat-tailing" when I was in high school, and I never could figure out why they get off on it...


We got a better chance with Obama than that old warmonger McCain. That old nigga is itchin to light up a weapons silo.

True. I wouldn't vote for McCain, ever*.




















*Short of him and Dubya pulling some Robert Mugabe-type shit on us, of course.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:39:40 PM by No More Aliases »
 

jeromechickenbone

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »
I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.

I know!  How many white people do you know who want to talk to you about Obama at work?  And then when I tell them I'm not that big a fan of Obama, they act surprised.  I really find it almost offensive.

My mom wanted Hilary to get the nomination, and she tells me the same shit happens to her nowadays.

It's hilarious.  There's this white dude at work I talk politics w/ every now and then and he's always tryin to base it on Obama like he's just hoping someone else over-hears our convo and sees how progressive he is.
 

jeromechickenbone

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
90% of statistics are manipulated.  The other 10% are margin for error :laugh:

I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.  I can't wait till this nigga drops bombs all over Iran and shatters everyones dreams of "change".  I'ma start calling him oBOMBa

I'm totally gonna add Obama as a friend on myspace, my top 12 has no blacks :(

haha you gotta have that token in your top 12.  and maybe a pic w/ you and a blackie to really bring it home.
 

jeromechickenbone

  • Guest
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 09:48:04 PM »
90% of statistics are manipulated.  The other 10% are margin for error :laugh:

I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.  I can't wait till this nigga drops bombs all over Iran and shatters everyones dreams of "change".  I'ma start calling him oBOMBa
We got a better chance with Obama than that old warmonger McCain. That old nigga is itchin to light up a weapons silo.

I'll give you that.  But if i'm 100% sure McCain will bomb Iran, I'm 90% sure oBOMBa will too.  Just look at all the bullshit that our govt has tried to orchestrate in the last several months.  They're trying to set the stage.
 

The King

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2349
  • Karma: -332
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 01:01:39 AM »
90% of statistics are manipulated.  The other 10% are margin for error :laugh:

I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.  I can't wait till this nigga drops bombs all over Iran and shatters everyones dreams of "change".  I'ma start calling him oBOMBa
We got a better chance with Obama than that old warmonger McCain. That old nigga is itchin to light up a weapons silo.

I'll give you that.  But if i'm 100% sure McCain will bomb Iran, I'm 90% sure oBOMBa will too.  Just look at all the bullshit that our govt has tried to orchestrate in the last several months.  They're trying to set the stage.

Bombing Iran? Why would they bomb Iran? Theirs no reason to on any level. McCain won't bomb Iran, and obviously Obama won't either. Your just buying into the fear. Iran isn't a threat, and people with brains know their not a threat. Theirs no reason to bomb them at all, no gain at all. It'll never happen unless Iran does something first, like invading another nation, which they won't do anyways.

And the biggest reason they won't bomb Iran is, they can't. Simple as that. They don't have the man power to fight another war, they can barely keep Iraq under control. How are they going to get enough soldiers to attack Iran, when theirs not even enough to secure Iraq. Iran isn't a push over, they'll put up a fight, and would probably win a war unless the US withdraws from Iraq before doing so. Not to mention the fact the soldiers won't follow and agree to another useless war. And not to mention the fact Russia and China would go crazy if we bombed them. The simple fact is, the US doesn't have the resources to afford another war, the credibility to convince the soldiers or the world to help them, or even a decent reason. Even if McCain wanted to he wouldn't, and Obama wouldn't even want too.

It makes no sense to think Obama would bomb Iran, considering he didn't even want to invade Iraq. Makes no sense at all, it hurts the mind that people actually think these insane things.

If Obama doesn't win the next election, maybe Bin Laden was right, maybe the US is so stupid and corrupt that they don't even understand their own flaws. If McCain wins, then every person who voted for him, should kill themselves. The stupidity can't continue, and stupid people are ruining the world for everyone else. Religion is a mental illness, and it's affecting peoples common sense to vote for the right candidate. No one can rationalize why McCain would make a better President then Obama. It can't be rationalized, McCain agrees with almost everything Bush does. And Bush is the reason the US is fucked. Common sense therefore dictates, Obama is the only way to possibility fix the country.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:06:55 AM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »