Author Topic: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President  (Read 993 times)

J Bananas

90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
The Washington Post reports "an overwhelming public openness to the idea of electing an African American to the presidency."

In a Post-ABC News poll last month, nearly nine in 10 whites said they would be comfortable with a black president. While fewer whites, about two-thirds, said they would be "entirely comfortable" with it, that was more than double the percentage of all adults who said they would be so at ease with someone entering office for the first time at age 72, which McCain (R-Ariz.) would do should he prevail in November.

But the good news may stop there. "As Sen. Barack Obama opens his campaign as the first African American on a major party presidential ticket, nearly half of all Americans say race relations in the country are in bad shape and three in 10 acknowledge feelings of racial prejudice," according to the same poll.

Overall, 51 percent call the current state of race relations "excellent" or "good," about the same as said so five years ago. That is a relative thaw from more negative ratings in the 1990s, but the gap between whites and blacks on the issue is now the widest it has been in polls dating to early 1992.

More than six in 10 African Americans now rate race relations as "not so good" or "poor," while 53 percent of whites hold more positive views. Opinions are also divided along racial lines, though less so, on whether blacks face discrimination. There is more similarity on feelings of personal racial prejudice: Thirty percent of whites and 34 percent of blacks admit such sentiments.

Moreover, the Post reports in a separate story that Obama's historic primary victory "has also sparked an increase in racist and white supremacist activity, mainly on the Internet, according to leaders of hate groups and the organizations that track them."

Neo-Nazi, skinhead and segregationist groups have reported gains in numbers of visitors to their Web sites and in membership since the senator from Illinois secured the Democratic nomination June 3. His success has aroused a community of racists, experts said, concerned by the possibility of the country's first black president.

"I haven't seen this much anger in a long, long time," said Billy Roper, a 36-year-old who runs a group called White Revolution in Russellville, Ark. "Nothing has awakened normally complacent white Americans more than the prospect of America having an overtly nonwhite president."

The Huffington Post    |   June 22, 2008 09:19 AM

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 90 Percent Of Whites Comfortable With Black President
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
Anyone who voted for Bush, and now doesn't like Obama, should literally, be murdered. A good old genocide would be useful for clearing out these racists. People don't learn anything. Theirs no way Obama could ever do a worse job then Bush. It's amazing that racism is so apparent in society.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
Look up the "Bradley effect".

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

3 things firstly...http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=184682.0
secondly perhaps they realised they had been duped by Bush or more specifically the neo con machine and now see stories like the one above with horror.
Finally like so many millions they are so deeply entrenched in their various camps, that they can't see past it. Therefore when their party does something bad they defend it and when the other party does something bad they attack it and likewise for democrat supporters. There is always some justification, alsways some way of wanting and needing to rationalise it when it's "one of the team" catching the flack.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

interesting.

most stats are bullshit anyway though

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »

That was my first thought, too.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 12:46:45 AM »
Bullshit! I'm black and I'm not 100% comfortable with a nigga in office.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »
Anyone who voted for Bush, and now doesn't like Obama, should literally, be murdered. A good old genocide would be useful for clearing out these racists. People don't learn anything. Theirs no way Obama could ever do a worse job then Bush. It's amazing that racism is so apparent in society.

I voted for Bush and I don't like Obama.

Should I be murdered?

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »

Should I be murdered?
Clearly this is a poor attempt at a rhetorical question.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »

Should I be murdered?

Not murdered per say, but it does make you an ignorant person. You seem to not vote with your brain, which I assume you don't have, since you voted for Bush in 2004, and apparently like McCain for 2008.

Australian Bastard

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
If you underestimate McCain, you underestimate people's capacity to fear.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »
I am white, and this is the first election i will be voting in. I am voting for obama!  :bandit:

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »
I am white, and this is the first election i will be voting in. I am voting for obama!  :bandit:
Traitor

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Narrator

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 04:33:30 PM »

Should I be murdered?

You should be murdered just for being you. That's reason enough.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »
90% of statistics are manipulated.  The other 10% are margin for error :laugh:

I swear some white people love Obama just so they can show everyone how open minded they are.  I can't wait till this nigga drops bombs all over Iran and shatters everyones dreams of "change".  I'ma start calling him oBOMBa