Author Topic: DSGB "The Last Supper"  (Read 312 times)

themovie

DSGB "The Last Supper"
« on: July 17, 2002, 08:16:06 PM »
If U don't have this album,i suggest u to pick it up !

"After coming out with his first major distributed album Pastor troy has busted back on the scene to present and executve produce his group "Down South Georgia Boyz."

The first song on the album is "the last supper".  This is tightest track on the whole cd, from the beginning you automatically get influenced to "get your hands clapping" as the beat and the lyrics go together like perfect chemistry.   As the beat drops at the begining of the third verse Pastor Troy makes his presence felt as his thugged out pastor lyrics grace the track.

Next is "We dem georgia boyz", a slow tempo Pastor Troy produced track.  It starts off letting everybody know that they are the down south georgia boyz.  This is a shout out to another group from georgia callin themselves The Real Down South Georgia Boyz, its basically letting them know that they ain't DSGB and that they need to quit fakin.

"My folks" is another Pastor Troy produced track that sounds similar to a sample that Snoop Dogg used on "the game is to be sold not to be told".  This cut has DSGB repin' how they are willing to ryde and die for they people, arguably one of the best songs on the album.

The forth song on the album is "I be damn".  This track has Cooley C written all over it! You probably rememeber Cooley C from his earlier work with the "Youngbloodz" first album and the Tight 4 Life training camp album (Drama's old click), So with that in mind you know this is a song that will definetly keep your trunk knocking.

"Playin God" is a slow tempoed track that comes off more whack than hard.   It features Cutthroat, Blackoutt, Pinhead, and lil pete a.k.a. peter the disciple.

"Brang ya army" is an old cut from dsgb's last album "I am D.S.G.B."   Which was released independently in only some southern regions. T his is the tightest cut Pastor Troy has ever made.  In this track Pastor and the rest of the boyz target "miracle" with there murderous lyrics, the hook shouts out: "You say you want me well you betta brang yo army!/ these Georgia repa's ain't gone let nobody harm me! While Pastor Troy chants in the background: "I think somebodys bout to die!'

The seventh song is "We bout to lock and load".  This song showcases a verse by Peter the disciple that favors Pastor Troy and makes wounder when lil Pete is gon come out wit his album.  This is also one of the steller tracks of the album and was produced by Jay B for 2 smuv Ent.

Next is "faker free".  This is a song performed by "klone" (Su & Sam), the rap duo inside the group D.S.G.B. This track sounds like an attempt to test D.S.G.B.'s tounge twisting abilities.

"We lookin for ya" is an average song.  This song has DSGB lookin for they enemies and expressing what they gon do when they find them.  This track also has a guest appearence by nature boy who clearly states that he's no friend of "mracles"either.

Track number ten is "above the law ll" this is apparently a sequel to a previously made track by DSGB.  Another average song which is also produced by the pastor.

"Southside" is a different type of southside song.  Most songs with the title southside talks about how they do it down in the dirty, not this one.  On this song DSGB lets you know it ain't all about candy paint and sypin syrup, it's about ridin on fakas and puttin bodys in trunks.

K. Smith produces the next track "you can't fuck wit us" and it basically states just that.  This is one of those songs that you will probably press the skip button before you hear it all.

The second to last cut is a solo effort by Lil Pete.  This song finds Lil Pete repenting for all his wrong doings as he flows with the Pastor Troyish flavor.

The last cut is "You got tha heart?" This cut is produced and performed by nature boy.  The track is pretty tight, it has saxaphone and piano sounds in it that give it that easy listening sound but with that pimped out flavor.

All and all this is a tight album definately worth your fifteen dollars. If you are a Pastor Troy fan and an admirer of the fast growing southern region of Atlanta I definately advise you to get this album. "

downsouth.com

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

S.G.V.

Re: DSGB "The Last Supper"
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 09:57:30 PM »
thank u for blessin this board with such a great review!!!!....troy shook all them off....Real D.S.G.B. and S.W.A.T. Team....he dont sweat none of them....plus i heard they dropped a new song of his produced by timbaland on power 106...i missed it though...DAMN IT

themovie

Re: DSGB "The Last Supper"
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 11:27:45 PM »
Thanks to downsouth.com