Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly Names Classic Hip-Hop Albums (Haters, "Trap Muzik")  (Read 339 times)

Lunatic

Lauryn Hill and Kanye West were among the many hip-hop stars that landed on Entertainment Weekly’s “New Classics” list. In the pop magazine’s current issue they ranked the best in movies, TV shows, books, and albums over the past 25 years.
The former Fugees front woman landed at number two with her solo debut The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill; Hill ranked behind Prince’s Purple Rain album, which netted the top spot.
Ye’s outpaced Big Brother on the list. The Chicago lyricist was awarded the number four slot for his debut, The College Dropout. Jay-Z’s The Blueprint pulled in at number seven, to round out the hip-hop entries in the top ten of the 100-entry list.
A pair of critically-acclaimed rap albums showed up on the list next in the form of OutKast (Stankonia) and Eminem (The Marshall Mathers LP). The Atlanta duo landed at 12, while Em pulled in at number 15.
The list didn’t just rely on contemporary hip-hop albums. A Tribe Called Quest’s debut, People’s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm, along with De La Soul’s 3 Feet High and Rising, also made the list. The Native Tounge click proved well at numbers 18 (ATCQ) and 22 (DLS), respectively.
Nas’s Illmatic netted the number 28 slot. Run-DMC’s Raising Hell earned the number 38 position, quickly followed by The Notorious B.I.G. at number 40 for his debut, Ready to Die.
Wu-Tang Clan’s Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) and the Beastie Boys’ Paul’s Boutique rounded out the top 50 at slots 42 and 43.
Other albums that made the list include The Fugees’ The Score (51), Public Enemy’s It Takes a Nation of Millions…(55), Eric B & Rakim’s Paid in Full (61), Dr. Dre’s The Chronic (66), 2Pac’s All Eyez on Me (87), and T.I.’s Trap Muzik (95)

glad to see the media recognizing 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

I'm about to bump that album in a bit now, got me in the mood lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
college dropout is #4, and tupac isnt on the list?? ???....very upsetting news

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
yeah i knew people would catch on sooner or later. so people yes trap muzik is a classic!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

smegma

Trap Music on 95?! That extremely dope album should be top 5 AT LEAST.

Lunatic

yeah i knew people would catch on sooner or later. so people yes it is a classic!!!!
finally they recognize! very well deserving..the people who cant appreciate this album are simply not giving it a chance.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
yeah i knew people would catch on sooner or later. so people yes it is a classic!!!!
finally they recognize! very well deserving..the people who cant appreciate this album are simply not giving it a chance.
they just don't know no better.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Anyone taking this list serious? Illmatic number 28 and College Dropout #4? BS. Illmatic should  be highest placed hiphop album
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Trap Music on 95?! That extremely dope album should be top 5 AT LEAST.

LOL, thats pushing it way toooo far! 95 is a little high for it...but top 5 is a little toooo low.

Lunatic

Anyone taking this list serious? Illmatic number 28 and College Dropout #4? BS. Illmatic should  be highest placed hiphop album
there is a few mistakes, but no doubt Trap Muzik get's what it deserves 8)

Chamill: Smegma hates TI and is being sarcastic.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

this guys right here is hearin me! word, Illmatic 28, Ready to Die at 40, The Chronic at 66, and the worst ive seen All Eyez On ME at 87?!? ??? list isnt showing much credibility...not saying Trap Muzik doesnt deserve a spot, its just fucked up.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
there is a few mistakes, but no doubt Trap Muzik get's what it deserves 8)

Don't agree with that. T.I. is a rapper for southern fans, but not for others. So him on a top 100 of new classics? Hell no.
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Lunatic

Don't agree with that. T.I. is a rapper for southern fans, but not for others. So him on a top 100 of new classics? Hell no.
maybe his other albums, but Trap Muzik is straight hip-hop (minus maybe 3-4 mainstream songs) and doesnt have too much southern about it (esp production wise)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

lol, at first i figured that, but i just wasn't sure, i was dumb, and took him seriously. :-[

Lunatic

lol, at first i figured that, but i just wasn't sure, i was dumb, and took him seriously. :-[
lol its all good