Author Topic: NBA: Raptors-Pacers Working On A BlockBuster Trade? (Jermaine O'Neal)  (Read 894 times)

Lunatic

Sportsnet.ca - The Raptors are working on a blockbuster trade that would see the Indiana Pacers send Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto in exchange for package that would include T.J. Ford and Rasho Nestervoic according to a Toronto newspaper.

Citing league sources, the Toronto Star reported Monday that the package may also include the Raptors 17th pick in this week's NBA draft.

Last season, the 29-year old O'Neal averaged 13.6 PPG and 6.8 REB in 42 games, while Ford averaged 12.1 PPG and Nesterovic 7.8 PPG in 51 and 71 games respectively.

More details to follow.

as a raps fan, I hope this is true :o  JO has been goin through injury problems but Rasho I could care less about giving up and we dont need TJ with Calderon really emerging as a true #1 PG for us..please let this go through (assuming we resign Caldy) 8)

Edit: im not crazy about it including our 1st rd draft pick this year
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:38:16 AM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

'EclipZe

that would be dope. calderon-jo-bosh-parker-graham

yeahhh

Lunatic

that would be dope. calderon-jo-bosh-parker-graham

yeahhh
i dunno what u thinkin dog, but graham is awful and is like our 10th man

Calderon
Parker
Bargnani
JO
Bosh

Thats kind of a big lineup, maybe they wouldnt start Bargnani

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^For your sake, you better hope they don't...I really dunno about the trade, though. I know everyone is high on Calderon and what not, but TJ Ford is really a huge part of any real success your team has ever had. JO's career seems to be coming to an end and trading your starting point guard AND a draft pick for him COULD turn out to be a huge mistake. Indiana wins this trade, if it goes down:

PG Jose Calderon...?? :-X
SG Anthony Parker...Carlos Delfino/Jason Kapono
SF Jamario Moon...Joey Grahami/Kris Humphries 
PF Chris Bosh...Andrea Bargnan/Maceo Baston
C Jermaine O'Neal...Jorge Garbajosa/Primoz Brezec

Toronto is left with no back-up PG...you'll need to make another move or sign another point.

PG TJ Ford...Jamaal Tinsley/Travis Diener
SG Kareem Rush...Marquis Daniels/Flip Murray
SF Mike Dunleavy...Shawne Williams/Stephen Graham
PF Danny Granger...Jeff Foster/Ike Diogu
C Troy Murphy...Rasho Nesterovic/David Harrison

Indiana is now deep as fuck. No doubt, a playoff team in the east. They'll be lucky if this goes down.

Lunatic

^For your sake, you better hope they don't...I really dunno about the trade, though. I know everyone is high on Calderon and what not, but TJ Ford is really a huge part of any real success your team has ever had. JO's career seems to be coming to an end and trading your starting point guard AND a draft pick for him COULD turn out to be a huge mistake. Indiana wins this trade, if it goes down:
PG Jose Calderon...?? :-X
SG Anthony Parker...Carlos Delfino/Jason Kapono
SF Jamario Moon...Joey Grahami/Kris Humphries 
PF Chris Bosh...Andrea Bargnan/Maceo Baston
C Jermaine O'Neal...Jorge Garbajosa/Primoz Brezec
Toronto is left with no back-up PG...you'll need to make another move or sign another point.

PG TJ Ford...Jamaal Tinsley/Travis Diener
SG Kareem Rush...Marquis Daniels/Flip Murray
SF Mike Dunleavy...Shawne Williams/Stephen Graham
PF Danny Granger...Jeff Foster/Ike Diogu
C Troy Murphy...Rasho Nesterovic/David Harrison
Indiana is now deep as fuck. No doubt, a playoff team in the east. They'll be lucky if this goes down.
I still like this trade besides the 1st rd draft pic

If we can bring over Roko Ukic from Europe (we own his rights) there is our backup..draft experts were REALLY high on this kid when we drafted him and labeled him as a draft steal in the 2nd round. If not, it wont be too hard to get a backup PG through the draft or free agency.

We cut Garbajosa by the way and hes a SF not a C lol :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Garabajosa plays 3 positions. He was used as a center when he played with you guys...Did Toronto officially cut him yet?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Hmmm...guess I missed it:

Raptors agree terms on buy-out of Garbajosa

Jun 18, 6:01 pm EDT

TORONTO (AFP) - The Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association have reached an agreement to buy out the contract of Spanish forward Jorge Garbajosa.

Garbajosa, who was owed 4.25 million dollars on the final year of a three-year, 12.75 million-dollar contract, was released by the team on Wednesday.

"After a long, difficult and sometimes emotional process stemming from a traumatic injury to a key player, it was concluded that parting ways was the best thing for both Jorge and Raptors organization," Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo said.

"We wish Jorge nothing but the best with his basketball future."

Garbajosa, 30, was limited to just seven games in the 2007-08 season while recovering from a serious leg injury.

Garbajosa was hurt at the end of March in an NBA game against the Boston Celtics, but opted to forego surgery in order to play for Spain in EuroBasket 2007.

The Raptors had originally denied the 29-year-old permission to play in the tournament because of the injury concerns.

Although the club said that surgery was Garbajosa's "best option" for a full recovery, they reached an agreement that let him play in EuroBasket, with the Spanish Basketball Federation taking out insurance on him.

Garbajosa ended up having surgery in December - after the NBA season had begun - with doctors telling him to stay off his feet for a minimum of 10 weeks.

The Raptors also said Wednesday they had reached a settlement with the Spanish Federation over the claim filed by the Raptors in connection with non-payment of insurance proceeds related to Garbajosa's injury.

"We are pleased that an acceptable resolution was reached and we can finally put this behind us," Colangelo said.

Spanish national team coach Aito Garcia Reneses has included Garbajosa's name in his pool of players for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but it was uncertain whether he will play.

Lunatic

^Garabajosa plays 3 positions. He was used as a center when he played with you guys...Did Toronto officially cut him yet?
he rarely played C though; PF yes, but usually SF..as u can see, yep he's been cut.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^We'll, he's listed as both a forward and a center...When I saw him play, he was definitely not playing a small forward game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4196

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
I dunno about this trade.

If it was Rasho and Ford only, I wouldn't mind doing it despite JO's injury problems.
But the draft pick seems a bit much.
Plus, Rasho played pretty nicely for us when Bosh was hurt this past season.

I think we can use Delfino at the point as well; he seemed alright last year when they played him at the position.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Lunatic

Re: NBA: Raptors-Pacers Working On A BlockBuster Trade? (Jermaine O'Neal)
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
I dunno about this trade.

If it was Rasho and Ford only, I wouldn't mind doing it despite JO's injury problems.
But the draft pick seems a bit much.
Plus, Rasho played pretty nicely for us when Bosh was hurt this past season.

I think we can use Delfino at the point as well; he seemed alright last year when they played him at the position.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
yea its the draft pick that's concerning me as well
Rasho did step it up but its not somethin I expect he'll continue for us
Let's wait it out and see how this plays out...

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »
raptors should get Remon Van de Hare, they got his rights too, he's a good big man. and would be good to see another dutchie in the nba hehe

OchoCinco

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 11:40:37 AM »
ye i like this trade if they dont give up that draft pick...raps r soft in the paint, they need a guy who can push some dudes around

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »
ESPN.com also has an article up about the trade.

They also noted another trade rumour:
Multiple reports surfaced this past weekend about a possible trade that would have the Raptors sending Ford and their first-round pick (No. 17 overall) to the Phoenix Suns for forward Boris Diaw.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3457325

I would've been quite annoyed if they did that trade.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 12:13:22 PM »
LOL@Diaw. :puke: