Author Topic: Lil Wayne album review  (Read 442 times)

themovie

Lil Wayne album review
« on: July 13, 2002, 08:45:46 PM »
"Well Lil Wayne is the best Hot Boy of all time, at least that's what he sets out to prove with 500 Degreez, that remains to be seen though, lets check out the album.

The first song is "Look At Me" it sounds like a song halfway done by Timbaland & The Neptunes, it has a real mainstream radio feel to it, the beat is decent, but it sounds like something B2K would be featured on, it aint that hot at all.

Most of you have probably heard "Way Of Life" already, its a pretty tight track with a nice bassline and a nice beat with a nice chorus sung by TQ.

"Gangstas & Pimps" is damn near an R&B song, they been going crazy with the singing lately, this a laid-back song & Weezy flows first, followed by Baby and another verse by Weezy containing this line 'And the east side, where we pump, is my part of New Orleans, bleed for ya, I'm the heart of New Orleans' The heart of New Orleans? I dont know about all that.

"Lovely" is a song where Weezy talks about all the different shit that he loves and people that love him. This song isn't all that tight. The beat isnt bangin at all, the chorus is lame and the verses by Weezy arent his best.

Petey Pablo, the one hit wonder himself, joins Lil Wayne on "Gangsta Shit" The beat is bumpin and the lyrics are tight also, but the song sounds a little plain and grows boring after a while, but its still good.

"Bloodline" has a real tight chorus, the beat sounds a little too happy though. But its still tight, its got an old soul / funk / mariah carey feeling to it. I hope yall appreciate that description. But look, the verses on here are all pretty tight by Weezy too, its basically a song about cookin dope & sellin dope and other underworld shit, its a tight song.

"Where You At" is a harder track than the rest of the album, its got a nice beat and Weezy comes with some decent lines all throughout the song 'Its young weezy, cant none see me dog, i gets you done easy with one easy phone call / and a sawed off make your arms fall off, like a short sleeved polo, wont bother me no mo' / ice like strobe light, look like I'm movin slomo, ferarri look nice on low pro yokahamas...'

"Worry Me" got a bangin beat, and a tight chorus too 'You gotta walk like soldier, talk like stunna, move like playa and get it like hustla...' The brass and the bassline keep the beat banging all the way through, plus Weezy delivers solidly throughout the whole track.

Up next is "500 Degreez" its got a good beat, but I expected it to have a great beat, considering the title of the album. The chorus was done like how Zapp & Roger be doing it. I dont know how else to explain, the older folks know what I'm talkin about.
"Go Hard" is not that hard of a track. The beat isnt all that banging, its gets annoying after a while.

"Fuck You" & "Get That Dough" are some of the better tracks on the album, but still fall short from being tight as hell, they are just ok.

"Fo Sheezy" is the last song, the beat is mainly comprised of a synthesizer and bumpin bassline, the chorus is gravy, but his verses are mediocre.

I'm a fan of Lil Wayne, he's got some skills, but he aint 500 Degreez. Come on now, be honest. Maybe 90 degrees or so. Not even close to 400, that was an insult, everybody knows it. Why are we so critical towards Lil Wayne album? Well he's in the mainstream, plus he professed he was coming hotta than '400 Degreez' this album is nowhere close. Beats, content and lyrics fall way short. Lil Wayne has the capabilty to make a 350 degree album, but this wasnt it.  Cash Money & Lil Wayne fans will like this album and you should pick it up."

down-south.com

S.G.V.

Re: Lil Wayne album review
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 08:48:47 PM »
i aint heard this album but i know weezys sq4 album is hard...its almost all freestyles...weezy and his click....shit is hard....he got a freestyle over best of me, addictive, good times, we ready and more...tight shit
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 08:42:13 AM »
If Lil Wayne's 500 Degrees is "90 degrees" than that waack as Juvenile 600 Degrees is 33 degrees.  500 Degreez is off the heezy
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 08:59:42 AM »
Yeah...^^^  BUT regardless 500 Degreez doesnt come close to Juves classic
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 05:49:30 AM »
Yeah...^^^  BUT regardless 500 Degreez doesnt come close to Juves classic

thank u....

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 09:06:28 PM »
Does he diss juvenile in any of tha songs??

does he diss any other rappers in any songs?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24