Author Topic: KRS-One "Prophets Vs. Profits" Opinions/Thoughts  (Read 473 times)

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
KRS-One "Prophets Vs. Profits" Opinions/Thoughts
« on: July 13, 2002, 09:02:59 PM »
new joint from KRS, 13 tracks... I didnt realize it was coming out so soon.

1. Ova Here
2. Things Is About To Change
3. Splash
4. My People
5. Kreditz
6. I Remember
7. Down The Charts
8. You Dont Really Want It
9. Womenology
10. 2nd Kreditz
11. Stop It
12. Problems
13. Believe It

lets go...

1. "Ova Here"
still like this... cant figure out why people disliked this joint... it has some nice lines... and i like the beat more now.

2. "Things Is About To Change"
hard drums w/ guitars on the beat... i'm digging this track... KRS + good beats = mmmm.

3. "Splash"
KRS tells us this is just something to tide us over till Kristyle.... i like the beat... subtle sample... nice hard drums... "Steppin to me I know you're blind, cause your whole flow, your show, your style you know its all mine, the first time you learned to spit, it was either me, kane, rakim or slick rick"

4. "My People"
Nice beat... got my head noddin.... KRS sounds real nice on it... much more focused... sounds like he's enjoying himself.

5. "Kreditz"
short two minute cut where KRS shouts out mad people, from J Rocc to Kenny Parker, to Mad Lion... etc nice beat too

6. "I Remember"
dope soul vocal sample.... unless its actually someone singing... then she's dope... KRS reminiscing about the old school... slower tempo than the rest of the joints so far... but really nice...

7. "Down The Charts"
well done track... nice piano... "when you drop to 18 you know what it means to drop to 19 and on to 20, at 19 you lose your honey and 20 your money" very nice

8. "You Don't Really Want It"
decent track, not as good as Ova Here because i hate the beat... probably the weakest beat on the album.... KRS still sounds good to me though...

9. "Womenology"
man... this album has some good production... like the beat a lot. KRS spitting about good women... how to treat them etc... classic KRS knowledge spitting track... and the singing in the backround is stuck in my head...

10. "2nd Kreditz"
more shouts... to Koch... to Kay Slay... drops some info and opinions on the end...

11. "Stop It"
Mad Lion...  they go back and forth... which is dope.... too bad its only 1:37... really nice song.

12. "Problemz"
digging the sample... crazy loop. shouts out Edo G at the start...
KRS spits nicely on this... "Radio gets a 20 record a week stream, but only 3 are ever seen, what happened to the other 17?"

13. "Believe It"
spits on several topics... "we gotta rise up, all my daughters i beg, close your legs and try to like open your mind up, before your times up, and you find what, you was just another stepping stone for him to climb up"

well... this was a suprise... and an impressive one... maybe its just me but I really dig this... his best work in years i'm pleased to say.

4.5/5   ;D

let the hate begin...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: KRS-One "Prophets Vs. Profits" Opinions/Though
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 02:10:36 AM »
KRS don't wait very long to drop new material does he. When did this come about? Is this an advance or has it officially dropped yet?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 03:10:03 AM »
i believe its retail but not in stores yet... not sure on a drop date... i'd wager it'll be out soon since Kristyle hits early 2003.

4. Warren G - Regulate
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
8. Nas - Illmatic

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 09:32:35 AM »
i think its an advance......but to me the jam You dont really want it is tight!!!! :D :D :D :D

the beat aint all that but he tears up nelly into small peices!

and im really feeling Down the charts......his lyrics are tight on that track!!!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 11:34:45 PM »
I heard it was supposed 2 drop in September....but now it got delayed to 2003 cause Dre was Supposed to work on it..this is what KRS said:

"I pushed it back to 2003 because Dre said he wanted to help me produce it."- KRS-ONE

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

themovie

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 11:53:05 PM »
Lil YAY......NO NELLY NO PLEEEEEEz!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2002, 11:57:38 PM »
Lil YAY......NO NELLY NO PLEEEEEEz!

you didnt get the joke, huh? open your eyes like that  :o  and you mite find out
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

themovie

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 12:11:18 AM »

you didnt get the joke, huh? open your eyes like that  :o  and you mite find out

Suge is everywhere, LoL
i know i know

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2002, 02:13:57 AM »
I heard it was supposed 2 drop in September....but now it got delayed to 2003 cause Dre was Supposed to work on it..this is what KRS said:

"I pushed it back to 2003 because Dre said he wanted to help me produce it."- KRS-ONE

Oh yeah, I remember reading this over at the westcoast part a couple of weeks ago, when the JD/Dre beef surfaced. Dre & KRS, that would be tight. I hope Dre does do a little something for this before it officially drops.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2002, 09:01:17 PM »

that's Kristyle... this is a diff project... like a warm up for Kristyle.

4. Warren G - Regulate
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
8. Nas - Illmatic