Author Topic: E.S.G. & Slim Thug Interview (July 2002)  (Read 411 times)

themovie

E.S.G. & Slim Thug Interview (July 2002)
« on: July 13, 2002, 08:48:47 PM »
Down-South: What’s new with Slim Thug, what do you have coming out next?

Slim Thug: "Already platinum" is going to come out at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. Right now I am doing a lot of underground shit, I got "The Boss" dropping off July 4th. There has been a lot of plexing going on in the underground world, I’m taking care of that answering all them questions and things, that's pretty much what I am up to now.

Down-South: Let people know, that might not know about your underground albums?

Slim Thug: The Boss Hog Outlaws, we doing our underground thing. We drop about one a month, its off the hook. That chopped up shit in Texas that's whats going on.

Down-South: You're young... what advantages do you have coming in the game so young?

Slim Thug: I just feel like I am a couple of steps ahead of a nigga, I hang around niggas that have been in it. Like E.S.G. you know he teach a nigga alot of rules to this shit. Alot of people you know I roll with niggas way older than me, so I got that advantage on that I’m just trying to get my shit together I got time.

Down-South: What role do you play in the whole S.E.S entertainment?

Slim Thug: I’m just a young thug doing my little part. C.E.O-n it, we all Ceo's putting it down like that.

Down-South: What other groups are you working on putting out?

Slim Thug: I got Sir Daily and Dolley they the little young hogs, they working on something. I’m gonna put them out there, let every body get a piece of them. They’re doing their thing on a lot of the underground thing, they showing up out here in Texas.

Down-South: What makes the Boss Hog mix tapes stand out?

Slim Thug: You just can’t deny us. You can’t deny us, you can play want you want to play but real recognize da real and that’s the bottom-line. We keep it real and we keep it gangsta. Niggas that’s gangsta and niggas that real are gonna listen to some real shit. They aint gonna want to listen to no bullshit.

Down-South: I got to ask you about your slabs, every time I see you its something new. What’s your favorite toy right about now?

Slim Thug: On the cool it’s the Impala, it aint got nothing, no rims, nothing.. it's just limo tint. I'm just creeping behind tint. I got about four cars I got a drop on swangas, pop trunk all that shit. I got the Excursion candy blue on 22’s, I got the lac on Sprewells, I’m the only rapper in Houston with that shit there its a new lac a nigga be rolling hard I don't be bullshittin. I got a Harley I just knocked off the other day it’s in the paint shop getting candied up, I’m doing some boss shit you niggas are gonna have to come on with it.

Down-South: On Lil Flip’s mix tape he had a line were he said “Slim Thug we running this rap shit” Alot of people were wondering how he could give you props on a song he was shooting a slug at E.S.G?

Slim Thug: He aint never got out of line with me. I've been knowing flip for a long time since before this shit all started. That shit had been going on. That shit there they go through, they can go through that. I don’t see the meaning to all that shit it aint nothing to me, but I can’t tell nobody else like don’t do what yall do. Yall do what yall do, but me and Flip aint never got in to it.

Down-South: E.S.G is one of the pioneers of Texas rap what’s it like working with a legend?

Slim Thug: Its cool, the nigga is quick on his toes he got his hustle down pack, he get in there and make a hook in no time. We do our sixteen's and we’re done. It don’t take shit to make a song.

Down-South: When you first hooked up with E.S.G for your first collaboration did you think it was going go this far?

Slim Thug: At first he was with Wreck Shop and I was with Swisha House, it was just something. We just tried something to shut that whole north side, south side shit up. We did that and after it dropped we seen the impact on people. We did something else, we tried it again, that there did the same thing... that “Candy Coated Excursion” so after that we said we need to do an album together and all we did was put it in motion.

Down-South: What advice do you have to someone trying to come up in the rap game?

Slim Thug: You just got to get on your grind don’t expect anybody to give nothing to you, don’t expect anybody to help you out. It aint like that in this game aint to many niggas trying to help another nigga. You got to make a muthafucka watch you. You can’t go in people face and say I got skills, cuz
you can tell that to me, but a 1,000 niggas tell me that a day. I don't know who is real or not. All you can do is get up it in their face, don’t go looking for
nobody to make your rules for you. You are your own self and do your own thing. That’s how I feel. That’s my advice.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

themovie

Re: E.S.G. & Slim Thug Interview (July 2002)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 08:49:21 PM »
Down-South: What can we expect from your new album?

E.S.G: The name was going to be "Entrepreneur Spitting Game" the new name is going to be "All American Gangsta". Its going to show my freshman year sophomore, junior and senior year, you know an All American. It’s more than just flossing and shining, even though I know that’s what we like to do.
Down-South: What else is S.E.S entertainment working on?

E.S.G: We're gonna back door with Slim solo album “Already Platinum” then we are going to drop a documentary, the documentary is probably gonna come out around the same time as my album. By that time we should be about done with our first movie, should be out straight to D.V.D. We are also working on developing some other acts and were about to do a collabo with Papa Rue. S.E.S we are like a million-dollar machine that finally got all the parts we need to push these million dollar hits.

Down-South: You and Lil Flip have a beef going on right now, on one of his mix tapes he claims you stole some songs from him, what is your side of the story?

E.S.G: They were telling me he was telling his C.E.O that he was mad at me. I use to take him every where like a little brother I showed him the whole game. So he was like you put Slim Thug under your wing. The whole situation with that song... he was talking about I stole his song. My partner called me and paid me to do a solo song on his compilation, but I was like Flip had never been on a song this was before the C-note song and “Buy the Car By The House”. The dude (Shunny Pooh) was like I don’t want him on the song I want you. So he came by the house so we made a song we were making up lines together. So when the dude was like I don’t want him on the song I just did it my self. So the next thing I know he’s hating saying I stole his song and shit. He has all this shit on a mix tape and every time I turn around there a new mix tape out, but I know lyrically no kind of way, form or fashion can he fuck with me. I was trying to be the more mature man and keep it on the hush sort of like Nas did, but no he kept jumping on mix tapes talking, he gave me this to do a song and gave me $3,000 to do a song, the muthafuckin album... and it got to the point that they were bumping their gums but when they see me in public its like, “what's up E.S.G you’re jammin” Nigga don’t speak to me, all the game I done gave you. It's no competition it aint nothin. Its just a kid trying to get in a mans world. You know I aint tripping, but every time I go to a different city I'm hearing they're hating on me, so I have to go to there jugular one time. I cant let nobody just step in my grass, I have to protect my house and the whole south is my house. So its bout to go down this year, so if any other lightweights step in the way the same thing is gonna happen to them cuz it wont stop.

Down-South: What advice do you have to some one trying to come up in the game?

E.S.G: Pay attention to you contracts and your situation. A lot of cats come up to me and be like E sign me I’m ready to get out there, but I'm like do you know how to get paid in this rap game. They be like, “naw I don’t know.” So I tell young cats you don’t know what these dudes are on they want the cars, the ice and the big house. They automatically think just because they laid one song in the studio they're entitled to the same things you have. That's why before I develop the acts that I'm working with they understand and know how the game goes. The most important thing I've learned is you have to pay attention to your business. In the music industry you get f.u.c.ked it’s all about cutting down the f.u.c.k. That's what it’s all about learning. While other people thought they were messing over me in the past I was soaking up game on them. Now I got what I needed and we just doing what we do.

Down-South: What’s your relationship like with Wreckshop now?

E.S.G: Nah, its on a fly by fly basis, if I see Big Moe I holla at him, but I don’t really see them, It’s not like I can call them or they can call me, I don’t got they number and they don’t have my numbers.

Down-South: What’s goin on with the majors I know they are trying to get at yall?

E.S.G: Every since growing up as a kid that has always been a dream to go nationwide doing all this and that, but it a process and right now we are going through the process of getting our foundation  straight. Its a lot of times an artist will sell so may thousand units before they go nationwide, then they get a deal and don’t even sell more units than they did independent. I'm just waiting on the right situation, just like you wait for the right women to marry. We're waiting for the right lady, then we'll marry them. Just cuz you signed to a label don’t mean nothing if your contracts aint right. Who is to say they won’t just give you one video and if it doesn’t pop off they won’t give you another video or single? I want to deal with a label that has some confidence in me, but we gonna make sure they have the confidence in us cuz we gonna do it like that. I want to be with some one who is going to take care of all the promotions and the marketing and we will take care of all the production. Its different labels talking but it aint but three on my list.

Down-South: Where do you think Texas rap is at right now?

E.S.G: I think a lot of people are just getting trapped. You got East Coast rapper....s when the red black and green thing was in, alot of people were feeling that way. It’s about what was in then. When it change alot of people were stuck in that time zone. That’s kinda how it is in Houston, alot of people in the east & west coast think down south rappers are like crash test dummies. They say most of them can sell big units independent and when most of them get the deal they cant push no units. That’s just the people that have got a deal that probably did not move any units. If you come with some real creative music anybody can say “I’m come down” 55 times but that's not what the world wants to hear, its cool, put a nigga out do your slang's, rep where your from, but some time you got to tell them people something else. Right now I think it’s powerful.

S.G.V.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 08:50:22 PM »
tight interview...props on this shit...two slept on mcs....

themovie

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 08:53:32 PM »
E S G is one of the tightes in my opinion,but toooooo underground for some people .

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 12:45:58 AM »
E S G is one of the tightes in my opinion,but toooooo underground for some people .

thats very true....hes way too underground for anyone to know....hes a vet but people dont know that....people really dont even care....which is a shame

themovie

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 02:44:21 AM »
Houston is not all about Scarface and geto boys.......
At the moment,i'm out for Lil flip...this guy is hella tight !

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2002, 06:08:13 PM »
Houston is not all about Scarface and geto boys.......
At the moment,i'm out for Lil flip...this guy is hella tight !

im not a huge lil flip fan...dont get me wrong he comes off...but he spoke on esg like esg wasnt shit...esg brought this foo up....then flip says he can take out lil keke...lol...keke would destroy him....at least big moe never got a big head....but very true houston expands pass scarface...theres so much talent...people choose to sleep cuz they are underground artists....props homie....