Author Topic: Moby  (Read 1280 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Moby
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2002, 01:18:07 AM »
I don't see how he can do a concert anyways, since it's techno/keyboard/studio stuff.  It's all samples and keyboards.

He played a few festivals over here last year, he was on the keyboard (a few of them actually) and he had a band and stuff and a few singers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2002, 01:23:47 AM »
Techno is homosexuality music? ...

My answer : Fuck Techno if its true, fuck it its its not

It's not homosexual music, but all forms of dance music was created by either black or gay folx. As Trauma said it's embraced by them and dance music was created as a form of rebellion and to pull these particular minority cultures together or something. I know this because i've been studying Musical Cultures at Uni for the last year. I didn't believe it at first but it's true.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2002, 08:16:52 AM »
Yeah, basically you got gay clubs bumpin' techno stuff.  You don't have to be gay, but that's just how it started, like the Pet Shop Boys are gay, etc.

It goes all the way back to Disco, Disco was all about being gay, that's just how it is.  YMCA by the Villiage People was even about picking up homos down at the ymca.  

Then you got club music that was more R&B, that's what was started by blacks, and took over regular 'clubs'... like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Savage Garden, all that dance stuff.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2002, 08:25:40 AM »
How do you know for sure that Moby's actually bisexual? I want to see some sort of proof before I believe it.

yeah most of u sayin u aint gonna listen his music agen prolly aint checked if its true or not...

and even if he is, wud it make a difference to his music? i mean just for sayin sakes if dre turned around tomorrow and sed he did have 1 gay affair many years ago, u wudn't listen to his music?

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2002, 08:32:48 AM »
If you'll read before you post, I said up front that it's true, I did look it up, and I wouldn't lie about it.  

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2002, 11:12:40 AM »
This is some funny stuff...we on a hip-hop board and a topic called "Moby" gets 2 pages long.  LOL

Personally, I don't like techno or any dance "rave" music.  I've heard some songs of Moby, and I don't like em (which is why I don't listen to any new shit from him).

The point of where he's bisexual is stupid.  So what if he's gay.  Elton John is gay, and he's made some damn good music.  I don't particularly like bi's or gay people, but what should that have to do with his music?  I can understand if he went out and made a track about fucking some guy names Bumbles he met from a club the night before.  But in general, people shouldn't hate on musicians if they or they arn't gay.  Its just pointless...

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2002, 11:23:07 AM »
Yeah, isnt that what racists do?  its like a racist, bumpn music, and finds out the singer is a black, n then he wont lisn to it anymore, thaz jus ignorant

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2002, 11:38:52 AM »
:. link=board=outbound;num=1024020641;start=20#36 date=06/17/02 at 16:23:07]Yeah, isnt that what racists do?  its like a racist, bumpn music, and finds out the singer is a black, n then he wont lisn to it anymore, thaz jus ignorant

Yeah it is ignorant, but you know there are people out there like that. I couldn't care less what sexuality a musician is, I consider Freddy Mercury to be a rock legend and he was somewhat bisexual. Obviously if someone flaunts about being gay in a song then someone who is not gay is bound to feel uncomfortable listening to it, I can understand them not listening to it then but to sleep on a muscian simply because they are gay is ignorant.

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2002, 07:10:43 AM »
I never said I wouldn't listen to his music! Yall are overreacting.  I said now that I know he's gay, I'll never listen to his music the same way again, and I won't... I'll listen to it, but I'll always think about "ohhhhhh he's singing to a guy, yuck" ... I think that when I listen to Elton John Too.  But I still listen to it, damn, calm down.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2002, 07:21:18 AM »
I never said I wouldn't listen to his music! Yall are overreacting.  I said now that I know he's gay, I'll never listen to his music the same way again, and I won't... I'll listen to it, but I'll always think about "ohhhhhh he's singing to a guy, yuck" ... I think that when I listen to Elton John Too.  But I still listen to it, damn, calm down.

My comments weren't aimed at you if thats what you thought. I think people read what you typed wrongly and thought you said you'd 'never listen to it again', but I know you didn't say that, the evidence is in one of your replies.
It's understandable though, like if someone chooses not to listen to say "YMCA" because of it being about picking up gay men when their not gay themselves makes total sense because obviously they can't relate to it and don't feel comfortable listening to it. I can see where your coming from too, but for someone not to listen to an artists just because of their sexual orientation is ignorant because in most cases their sexuality doesn't really affect the content.

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2002, 07:45:29 AM »
Yeah, I dig ya.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Moby's straight.
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2002, 03:15:41 PM »
If you'll read before you post, I said up front that it's true, I did look it up, and I wouldn't lie about it.  
Actually, it isn't true. I also looked it up, in Moby's online journal.  ::)