Author Topic: Exclusive Interview With Shock G Of Digital Underground (2Pac/GeorgeClinton/Dre)  (Read 114 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/shockg/

Exclusive Interview With Shock G Of Digital Underground - June 15, 2008 By : Rud

We're back today with another piece from our newest contributor, Jonathan Hay. Digital Underground is riding high into the digital revolution with the highly anticipated album "Cuz a D.U. Party Don't Stop."

This historic album will be the final project released by the multi-platinum Digital Underground crew, ending their twenty-year run of original, highly successful and innovative hip-hop music.

A bona fide pioneer, Shock G and his fascinating character Humpty Hump have been saving some of their best work for last, ending the D.U. era with a historical album that displays the final artistic expression of a group who changed the face of hip-hop forever.

In his true whimsical fashion, Shock G’s candid personality sets the tone for a conversation that is sure to be remembered as he openly shares with Dubcnn about producing Tupac, drugs, cosmetic surgery, escaping police and his experience working with George Clinton.

Take a journey to the underground with Dubcnn and spend a few moments with a legend – the madly eccentric, yet highly sophisticated, wonderfully colorful, yet surprisingly transparent, very hilarious and all too serious. The bold, bright and beautiful Shock G.

Exclusive Interview With Shock G [June 2008]

Drop your feedback off on the Dubcc Forums for Shock G to see and as ever stay tuned to Dubcnn for the latest exclusive features and new media.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Shock G is comin back? GOOD SHIT.

I always hated humpty hump though. Shock would be an ill rapper if he just did him

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
No D.U/Shock G fans in here?!  :-\

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

heat

• 'G'
I read the interview and this was said by Shock G:

And I'm still for hire. U want some shit mixed right? U need a track brought to it's highest potential? I'm your dude. I mixed So Many Tears, I Get Around, Words of Wisdom, Rebel of the Underground, and all the D.U. albums & singles. Get at me.

Jonathan Hay Note: WOW!!! What a great opportunity for your portfolio and credits to work with Shock G. I’m going to take Shock G up on this offer and have him mix the Sabrina project with my man Geenome in Germany. You heard the man... get at him

So I have a question for Jonathan Hay: How much does he charge? How did that track with that German-dude come out?