Author Topic: Nas - "No Idea" (Original Version)  (Read 442 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Nas - "No Idea" (Original Version)
« on: April 30, 2002, 08:58:27 AM »
Does anybody have this, or heard it? I noticed it was chosen as one of the 'Fat Tape' songs in this months source magazine. Anyway, if someone does have or has heard this what differences does this version contain?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Bishop

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Get Addicted!!!
Re: Nas - "No Idea" (Original Version)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 09:56:48 AM »
i searched for this song and got sumpin called "Drunk By Myself" which is a tight song about him stressin over some shit gettin drunk and then driving... almost gettin pulled over... almost hittin a brick wall... and then finally bringin his ass back home

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 10:00:14 AM »
i searched for this song and got sumpin called "Drunk By Myself" which is a tight song about him stressin over some shit gettin drunk and then driving... almost gettin pulled over... almost hittin a brick wall... and then finally bringin his ass back home

Yeah, I have that song. I've tried searching for this but only "No Idea's Original" comes up from the album, which I have, so  :-/

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 10:24:10 AM »
i got it but its got djs screams on it i forget what mixtape it was on but its got the same beat as ghostface killahs tha watch song

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 10:31:19 AM »
i got it but its got djs screams on it i forget what mixtape it was on but its got the same beat as ghostface killahs tha watch song

Dope. Would ya send it to me when I see you on mIRC next?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2002, 07:48:22 AM »
I brought this topic back up because i've finally got the original version now. I d/l this rip off mIRC the other day called, "Nas - Prelude To The Lost Tapes", it's supposedly a rip of a new extra CD that will be released with new pressings of "Stillmatic", the tracks included are:

No Ideas Original
U Gotta Love It (snippet)
My Way (snippet)
Make It Last (snippet)
Doo Rags (snippet) (I already have this in full)

Anyways, the original version of "No Idea" is 10 times doper than the version that made the retail version of "Stillmatic", the beat is really dope, fits the lyrics and Nas' flow perfectly, the beat sounds familiar too but I can't quite figure out where i've heard it before. They should of put this version on "Stillmatic".

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2002, 07:38:52 AM »
"no idea" is not on stillmatic
peace

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2002, 09:09:53 AM »
"no idea" is not on stillmatic
peace

Uhh, yes it is. It's 1 of 2 bonus tracks....

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2002, 03:49:03 PM »
yeah No Ideas ORIGINAL MIX is dope, they use the same beat that ghost used on THE WATCH......
i woulda hooked u up wit this track but since i have a 56k it woulda taken forever

does the version that you have any dj screams over it cuz mine does and also holla bacc on those snippets and tell me what they are like

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2002, 02:39:21 AM »
yeah No Ideas ORIGINAL MIX is dope, they use the same beat that ghost used on THE WATCH......
i woulda hooked u up wit this track but since i have a 56k it woulda taken forever

does the version that you have any dj screams over it cuz mine does and also holla bacc on those snippets and tell me what they are like

Yeah man, you said you'd hook my up but we never saw each other online since, lol. Never mind. The version I have is PERFECT quality, if you want it let me know the next time your gonna be on mIRC & i'll surely hook you up, same with the snippets if you want them.

I'll take you through the snippets:

"U Gotta Love It" (1.33) - Starts off with a really slow, soft but nice beat, his flow matches this too. Throughout this snippet he tells the story of the different stages of 'hood life'. The hook goes simply, "Fuck It, (thats what they want huh) U Gotta Love It".

"My Way" (1.36) - The beat is repetetive throughout with some really nice and mellow piano riffs. Through this snippet he talks about the things he does etc, he talks about some pretty 'bling bling' ish, but it's still sounds pretty nice. The hook goes, "(I Did It My Way). From Crumbs To Roaches & Rats. (I Did It My Way). Converting From Hustling To Raps. (I Did It My Way). From Breakdancing, Back Spins On The Cardboard, To Bulletproof Bentleys, Gats In The Car Door. (I Did It My Way) Never Gave A Fuck What Nobody Said. (I Did It My Way). They Hoped That I'd Failed & Wished I Was Dead. (I Did It My Way). If I Fuck Up It Falls On Me. (I Did It My Way). I Lucked Up & Struck Rich, Now We All Can Eat."

"Make It Last" (1.57) - At the beginning of this snippet it has Nas talking, basically saying that it may seem like your life is going nowhere at times but if you've got a plan you can make it and achieve whatever you want. The beat, again, is quite mellow and soft, this time around his flow is quite fast though.
Throughout this snippet he just basically tells the story of what life was like back then to what is is for him now and how you can achieve good things too. The hook for this snippet goes, "Everything Will Eventually Come To An End, So Try To Savour The Moment 'Cos Time Flies, Don't It? The Beauty Of Life, You Gotta Make It Last For The Better, 'Cos Nothin' Last Forever, Ya Know?
This snippet is prolly my fav.

"Doo Rags" (1.21) - I'm sure you've heard this song in full, so I won't go through this one  :)