Author Topic: Irv Gotti  (Read 340 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Irv Gotti
« on: July 08, 2002, 02:04:57 AM »
This guy needs to cut the crap. He was on Radio 1's rap show on saturday night and they played one of the songs from that new Murder INC comp and the beat was a total rip off of 2Pac's "So Many Tears". There's sampling, and then there's jacking beats, and this guy is a joke. He really needs to get some creativity going, they need to establish their OWN sound, not rip off someone elses. He was also trying to compare Murder INC to DR, but i'm sorry, Murder INC has nothing on what DR was, DR wasn't just some shitty little label, it was a whole era, a distinctive sound, Murder INC has no classic songs or albums imo, nothing stands out from Murder INC that will represent an important era in hip-hop, the only thing Murder INC represents to me is whats wrong with hip-hop at the moment. He also went on to talk about Nas, basically saying that it was "95% done", and that he thinks this move will be good for hip-hop, which made me laugh. Am I the only one that thinks this guy is a complete tit??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Irv Gotti
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 10:36:10 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1026129897;start=0#0 date=07/08/02 at 07:04:57]Am I the only one that thinks this guy is a complete tit??

No, here's somebody else. It seems like many little label CEO's are tending to get presumptuous at the moment, wtf has Murder Inc. to do with DR anyways ? Death Row came out with a new music style that ruled hip hop and especially the west coast for years, Murder Inc. ain't put shit out except for some average hip pop CD's. Nas at Muder Inc. is good for hip hop ? Why ? To me it was the most fucked up news of the last 3 weeks, it's like from AZ to Ja Rule for me >:(. Somebody needed to question Irv's statements I can't even figure out what leads him to talkin shit like that

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 04:20:20 AM »

No, here's somebody else. It seems like many little label CEO's are tending to get presumptuous at the moment, wtf has Murder Inc. to do with DR anyways ? Death Row came out with a new music style that ruled hip hop and especially the west coast for years, Murder Inc. ain't put shit out except for some average hip pop CD's. Nas at Muder Inc. is good for hip hop ? Why ? To me it was the most fucked up news of the last 3 weeks, it's like from AZ to Ja Rule for me >:(. Somebody needed to question Irv's statements I can't even figure out what leads him to talkin shit like that

I know, he needs to check his self, and the worst thing was is that the DJ, Tim Westwood was agreeing with all the shit he had to say about Nas, it's like just because Murder INC is selling records everyone feels the need to lick his ass. Fuck that, if he was doing something decent for the genre then I would be happy with his statements but everything Murder INC seems to stand for is exactly what is wack about commercial hip-hop. I don't see Murder INC lasting another 2 or 3 years, as soon as the media picks up on another fad they'll be forgotten with the mainstream audiences. I mean DR will NEVER be forgotten, it was more than just some label that had a few hits, it was a whole era that blew up not only westcoast hip-hop but it revived hip-hop as a whole, it was fresh and exciting, Murder INC is nothing new, their sound is either jacked from someone else or just the same boring & repetitive shit.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2002, 08:18:17 AM »
yeah nas signing to murder inc would be like britney spears signing to shady records, hope nas's think twice

peacce

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 08:34:04 AM »
Yeah I was talking about Irv Gotti a while ago on here saying excatly the same. He doesn't sample other tracks, he does just straight copy the beat and then stamps produced by Irv Gotti on it. He really annoys me, and all that shit he was saying on Westwood was a load of bollocks, how is Nas signing to Murder Inc good for rap? Murder Inc have done absolutely nothing worthwhile in the rap game so far, in fact they have had more rnb hits than decent rap ones. Comparing them to Death Row was just dumb on his part.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2002, 08:43:03 AM »
Whats the song called? I sure hope Ja Rule isn't rapping over the beat and I damn sure hope it ain't an R&B song. Ashanti already bit two classics songs by Biggie and Scarface.

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2002, 09:17:49 AM »
deathrow actually came up like a real label...they started from ground up with their own money until they got scooped up by a majo...murder inc is just an imprint....its not a real label...theyre def jam....murder inc is a title...roc-a-fella is an imprint now...they were a label when they we with priority but now theyre just def jam....