Author Topic: NEW DANNY BOY ALBUM COMING SOON  (Read 3167 times)

The Real Kilo2

Re: NEW DANNY BOY ALBUM COMING SOON
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 02:01:39 AM »
Ok So Heres The Rundown..... We Are Releasing The Danny Boy CD July 8th! The Cd Will Be Sold For $18 (I think is a fair price)  Im pressing 1000 cds and i will release the Danny Boy 1996 Death Row Album Once We Sell 500 cds. Once that goal has been met i will discount the come up cd to like $10 and sell the 1996 Death row album.

heres a sampler of this album for right now!
http://www.zshare.net/audio/14606023a96246b5/

1000 cds??? thats to much. you will never sell 500 cds for a no-name rnb singer. okay danny boy is fine but i dont think that his fan community is so big.

if you are really interested to sell 500 cds make some ads on websites/forums like dubcnn or other big hip hop sites

It'll probably be going to stores though as well. So surely someone will cop. You guys have heard a few songs from the 1996 album already, one is on Danny Boy's site.

D-Stress

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 02:07:25 AM »
I might buy this, but I don't think waiting for 500 copies sold is the right thing to do in regards to the 96 release. But its your call so good luck.

People will def buy the 96 things, so to sit on it because you didn't sell 500 copies of this compilation is a mistake imo.

i think you could make more money from that 96 album.i think you should put out the 96 shit first, and then tha come up. most of the fans dont give a fuck about that comp. they want 96 album.
so the come up comp. (thx 4 tha sampler) isnt goin to sell 500.so it means we will never hear the 96 album :(

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 02:10:53 AM »
Well, consider this. Buy this and you will probably get the following. DB's 97 album (Yeah, he has one), Sam Sneed, Jewell, Michel'le, even a 2Pac one, The Dogg Pound, SKG (Big Boobie Woman), and others. I know the guys who are putting this out, and they have a bit of shit to back them regarding the releases.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2008, 05:05:35 AM »
Well, consider this. Buy this and you will probably get the following. DB's 97 album (Yeah, he has one), Sam Sneed, Jewell, Michel'le, even a 2Pac one, The Dogg Pound, SKG (Big Boobie Woman), and others. I know the guys who are putting this out, and they have a bit of shit to back them regarding the releases.

why is it that the above seems to be the business plan of all these Death Row 'bootleggers'??

"buy this, and a coupla months later we'll sell this" the original project doesn't sell well so the project that people are actually interested in and will spend money on is cancelled... this happens all the time. when will you learn?

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2008, 06:14:27 AM »
^ speak on it...

The first OFTB album was cool, but since then no one has released a project the majority of fans want. There was even a poll what should FTPE release next, everyone voted Crooked I i think, so what do they do, release a Realest or Petey Pablo cd.

For once (as mentioned above by a poster with brains), why not release a big cd that you know everyone will support and get loyalty that way, as opposed to this bullshit we are seeing "buy this project, and then..."

No one business is run that way, so why should we bother? I paid for the OFTB cd, and have downloaded every other old Death Row 'release' thats comeout since, as its simply not worth the support.

Man up and release a Sam Sneed cd or a cd of someone who was relevent to DR in its peak, or at least DB music from tha row.

But at the end of the day it is up to those with the music.

I'll survive with the new Coldplay or any Lyfe Jennings cd  8)

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2008, 06:39:34 AM »
The reason the Crooked I album never came from FTPE is because they never had any Crooked I material! He had barely any Left Eye and that came from Ambassador Kash.  ::) As you guys said above, wouldn't you rather us move some crap shit and get onto the better shit later? It seems that would get bootleggers more sales in the long run. It's not just the mentality of Death Row bootleggers, but 2Pac bootleggers or anyone who does bootlegs as well. It seems like y'all complain a bit to much even though the material maybe wack y'all are getting new shit for a reasonable price which will lead to even better shit. I think it's funny how you continue to keep begging for so and so's release, well maybe if you actually showed some support to these people rather than buying 35 copies like people did for the J. Flexx album they might release quality stuff. This is DB stuff from Death Row. Lol. The Come Up boasts production from former Death Row Records in-house producers, Ambassador Kash, and Sir Jinx. With guest appearances from Natris G, Crucial Conflict, and Kia Shine. The OFTB CD, that came straight from OFTB. Its same for the rest of these artist except Petey Pablo, YGD, and Kurupt. So complain to them about the CD's you want to see. They just want to see their shit released. I hate Hyland as much as the next man, but you can't blame him for shit projects. You asked for the vaults so these people are giving you it.

"But at the end of the day it is up to those with the music."

Damn straight. Lol.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2008, 06:53:31 AM »
I WILL SUPPORT THE DANNY BOY RELEASES BECAUSE I WANT TO GET THAT 96 ALBUM ALSO BUT I DO WANT TO GET ALL HIS OTHER SHYT AS WELL...

Kameroti

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2008, 07:59:40 AM »
understand i just didnt stumble upon these releases in my attic or something, ive used connections and established people to make things happen...The reason im not putting out the 1996 DB album now is because its not ready, it needs to be mastered, have artwork created, pressed, it takes time. I dont want to cheat the fans, Trust me you will get those releases.... weather we sell 1000  cds or not, im just saying the sooner we sell 500 cds the sooner we can release the 96 album.

See the difference between In The Bank Ent, and all these other bootlegers is they want your money (the reason they charge $60-$200 for a cd) Me on the other hand, being a fan of deathrow, wants the consumer to have the projects that were done for them. Thats why i spend MY MONEY getting them pressed, MY MONEY getting them mastered, MY MONEY buying the material.

Anyone in the business knows getting a cd professionally mastered is thousands of dollars. and takes time, especially when in 1996 they didnt have as much shit as they do now so allot of the studio shit from that era is dull quality.

So enjoy what we bring, not only are we bringing OLD ERA shit we are bringing some new shit like The Armory Gang Cd (Roscoe, Bulletz and Tek), Dogg Pound East Compilation, And Many More

Also on a side note, I know the thug life demo was leaked, but would yall fans be interested in buying a remastered version of the cd? Say for like $10?

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2008, 08:07:55 AM »
I CAN RESPECT WHAT YOU'RE DOING, THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR AND ALSO QUALITY WORK...THE THUG LIFE DEMO WAS LEAKED BUT IN ANALOG TAPE QUALITY, TRUST ME I OWN THE REAL TAPE IT CAME FROM...I REMASTERED MINES ALSO BUT HEY MAYBE YOU CAN DO BETTER...

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2008, 09:28:25 AM »
i'll be buying the danny boy albums and the armory gang.Not really interested in the dogg pound east...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2008, 12:02:47 PM »
i think the problem people have is that the albums they want are promised if they buy so and so and it doesent get released.

People are a bit more sceptical about it, Kameroti seems to be doing this more for the love of the music rather than $$ which is a good sign.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Klue

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »
tahts right you are fan or not..and for one time a project seems to be PROFESSIONAL A TO Z. you should show an attitude more enthusiastic.

40 $ including this DR album with good packgae, no fucking tags, TRUE CDQ shit. damn ! what more do you want  ??

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2008, 12:39:02 PM »
the 96 album should be interesting

D-Stress

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2008, 01:59:41 PM »
the 96 album should be interesting

i dont get it why they dont release WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT.they would make more money off it.it´s dumb to release the "come up comp." first and then -MAYBE- the 96-album.

p.s. what the fuck is dogg pound east?

RELEASE THE 96 ALBUM!

Kameroti

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »
you must not be able to read, i said the 1996 album IS NOT DONE YET its going to get mastered. im not gonna release something that im not satisfied with no matter who wants it NOW. Thats just the way it is