Author Topic: KRS-ONE: Beef, Sellouts & Nelly Part 2:  (Read 224 times)

themovie

KRS-ONE: Beef, Sellouts & Nelly Part 2:
« on: July 05, 2002, 09:47:20 AM »
AHH: So can you and Nelly make up and move past this?

KRS-ONE: We can. We can. I have no beef with Nelly. That’s what its called. I’m sure the hip-hop industry knows my style if I had beef.

AHH: “If I really want to battle, I will pull out a nine…[lyric from Criminal Minded]”

KRS-ONE: [Points to his head] It’s on record.

AHH: Word.

KRS-ONE: I don’t have no beef, but it’s an emcee battle. He says I am a hypocrite. I say you are a sell out. Let’s battle. Why do I say you are a sell out, Nelly? Because, on your album, you degrade women, Black women at that and on your album, you disrespected the whole reparations movement. And then you are going to sell 10 million of that to white kids.

The world is laughing at him, not me. If the world was laughing at me, I would be here in front of you, in all honesty, “Look I may have to rethink my position.” I’d tell you straight up. The streets didn’t like what I did to PM Dawn. Even though I thought I was justified, the streets said, “Yo Kris, you was buggin’, you the teacha.” As much as I tried to argue, they said, “No, that was wack.” Finally, I had to say, “You know what? That was wack.” By the way, I apologized [to PM Dawn] for that. He accepted it. I was going to put it in writing, but my attorney told me not to. Legally.

I have no problem backing down from my position if I am wrong. But again, If I am right, you gonna get the gat. You gonna get a gat right to ya back with no remorse. Ban Nelly’s album. In fact, I am about to take this to another level.

AHH: What are you gonna do?

KRS-ONE: I’m meeting tonight with MOP, [Freddie] Foxxx, Talib Kweli, who will get the message to Mos Def, a couple other cats – non-industry cats. We gonna shut the whole industry down. Nas is coming in from Texas tonight. Nas is a Queensbridge artist. Go back to the hypocrite. Who has the right to say who is a hypocrite – Nas or Nelly? Nas is a Queensbridge artist holding the torch that I tried to extinguish. He gets on Power 105 and says, “Nelly how dare you.” THAT’s HIP-HOP.

AHH: What’s gonna happen!? Give me the news….

KRS-ONE: I can’t. It’s a secret.

AHH: Awwwwwwwww….

KRS-ONE: ‘Cause Nelly’s gonna know. This is Alan Greenspan time.

AHH: What do you mean when you say that?

KRS-ONE: When Alan Greenspan says the market is up, the market goes up. When he says we are going to go into a recession, we go into a recession. It ain’t that we are really in a recession or that the market is really up…

Person in room says: It’s because [Greenspan] said so.

KRS-ONE: [Points to himself] I’m going to take it to another level. I’m going to say, if I don’t say its dope, don’t buy it,. Watch how Nelly’s albums stop selling around 2-3 million.

AHH: So this boycott, you were dead serious about it.

KRS-ONE: No. I put it in a rhyme. That will send a message to all them sell outs. “You house nigga rapper, your bottom done fell out.“ Street cats ain’t buying Nelly’s album anyway.

AHH: Nelly made it clear, “Without KRS, there would be no me.”

KRS-ONE: That’s so he won’t get jumped. [Room of people start laughing]

AHH: He also said, “Duke if very respectable.”

KRS-ONE: Do you realize in St. Louis, they hate him? I did six shows in St. Louis. I want to be in his town, because I know all the cats in St. Louis. Do you realize the mayor of St. Louis is ready to give me the key to the city? This is what I don’t want to talk about, because he’ll know. But, I’ll give it away.

AHH: Why would they give you the key to the city?

KRS-ONE: Why not?

AHH: They refused Nelly the key, didn’t they?

KRS-ONE: Ahhhhhhh, didn’t they? [leans back on sofa smiling]. Didn’t Nelly’s own town refuse him the key? Why? Because of his depiction of women, men and his representation of St. Louis. And even when they was dissing him, I told his lawyer, I would go to St. Louis and back him on that. He never pursued it. Nelly is front for the street credibility.

AHH: You think it boils down to that?

KRS-ONE: Gotta be. He has no legitimate beef with me. Ok, I’m a hypocrite, but when you get to the facts, all that crumbles. I’m the most consistent rapper in hip-hop’s history. I guess that’s why I’m arrogant. If I speak the truth about my achievement, I’m somehow egotistical. I dropped 11 albums in 16 years, Never once booed off the stage, even when it was shaky.

And just for a little philosophical jargon, if I’m a hypocrite, I’m consistent at that. [Room Laughs] I’m a consistent hypocrite.

AHH: Where does this all go?

KRS-ONE: The one truthful thing that Nelly said, and I admire him for, he said, “This battle’s going to boost KRS-ONE’s career. HE is absolutely right, I couldn’t have hoped for better marketing. I wasn’t looking for this, There is this notion that I’m broke and old. I’m not even going to tell you what we are making tonight.

AHH: And those are 14-year-old kids waiting for you [for the concert].

KRS-ONE: And look who they coming to see [at tonight’s concert]. Look who these little kids are coming to see and what color are them kids?

AHH: White.

KRS-ONE: Hmmmmmm. Who’s buying Nelly’s records? Who’s on they way out? Ain’t me. You’re a fronting, Nelly. You’re getting 35 cent a record

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

The Watcher

Re: KRS-ONE: Beef, Sellouts & Nelly Part 2:
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 12:18:33 AM »
krs seems to have alot of hate for white people, esp those who are buyin hiphop records. little does he know white people probably buy his records too
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 01:21:44 AM »
krs seems to have alot of hate for white people, esp those who are buyin hiphop records. little does he know white people probably buy his records too

I don't think he has hate, I think what he's saying is that more black 'street' folx are copping KRS' records, and that more white rich or well off people are copping Nelly's records, and at the end of the day the street people mean more to KRS than the rich white people who don't have much knowledge of what hip-hop is all about, streetwise. I don't think he's saying white people in general don't know shit because that's not true, I think he's talking about the rich ones that are only supporting hip-hop because it happens to be the 'in' thing at the moment, if you get me?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 03:49:26 AM »
Yeah, finally those white people who cop KRS-One's shit don't support hip hop cause it happens to be the 'in' thing, because those who do buy Nelly, Ja Rule & P. Diddy. That's what hip pop is about; mixin hip hop and pop, so u get the 'in' thing combined with lyrics, videos and especially beats that make all the pop listeners buy it. With that they got the pop music they like and can claim to support hip hop, the 'in' thing.