Author Topic: Q About Suge Knight  (Read 1949 times)

D-Stress

Q About Suge Knight
« on: June 30, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
Why Suge Doesn´t Release The Material He Has?Why Would It Be A BAD BIZNESS-MOVE?I Think He Would Make Money, Because He Has Some Classics Under His Pillow.

smegma

Re: Q About Suge Knight
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »
Because he is not allowed to do so.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:34:14 PM »
didn't most of the artists take the rights with them? like i think dre gets money made from the chronic and pac's sales goes to his mum and stuff like that

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 01:45:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure that everything he had from the Death Row era was sold off in his bankruptcy auction. He can't market and release music that he no longer has the rights to. His new label is Black Ball Records (I think that's the name) and it's my understanding that it's a fresh start for him.

D-Stress

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
^^ i dont think "black ball rec." gon bring out something.all bark, no bite, remember the reality show?wheres that shit?NOWHERE.
but suge could release old DR material indepedently!

EFFeX

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure that everything he had from the Death Row era was sold off in his bankruptcy auction. He can't market and release music that he no longer has the rights to. His new label is Black Ball Records (I think that's the name) and it's my understanding that it's a fresh start for him.

Black Ball Records' first release is a coming soon poster.  :-\

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »
suge could release old DR material indepedently!
How? If he doesn't legally own it, he can't put it out. All of Death Row's assests (including their masters) were sold in the bankruptcy auction. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 05:18:11 PM by Jimmy H. »

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »
Aint no way in the world the industry gonna ever let suge release 1 succesful record on black ball records. He will be blackballed for the rest of his life in the music industry.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »
well lets see

death row was part of releasing still i rise, until the end of time, better dayz, dead man walking

i'd say he released a decent amount of what he could

we all know Daz stole most of the DPG masters
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »
suge should boot all this shit.

D-Stress

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
im talkin about stuff like redrum,bloody mary,young soldierz,oftb,paradise,sam sneed,etc.shit.
why he cant do it?how can FTP do it along with some dudes that have rare stuff leak it but suge cant do shit?

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 01:54:39 AM »
Aint no way in the world the industry gonna ever let suge release 1 succesful record on black ball records. He will be blackballed for the rest of his life in the music industry.

True... same story when he got out in 2001.

im talkin about stuff like redrum,bloody mary,young soldierz,oftb,paradise,sam sneed,etc.shit.
why he cant do it?how can FTP do it along with some dudes that have rare stuff leak it but suge cant do shit?

You really think Suge cares about any of that stuff?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 03:00:57 AM »
Yo don't give up, do you?

kemizt

D-Stress

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 04:25:46 AM »

True... same story when he got out in 2001.

You really think Suge cares about any of that stuff?

i dont know but i know that people care about money, so all the classic material could bring him money.

I can´t believe the worst piece off shit in Hip Hop history still gets attention.
Can´t somebody kill Suge so we can rest in peace?

i dont care about suge, all i care about it unreleased death row meterial ;)

EFFeX

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 07:54:46 AM »

Thre woud be no point in wasting money having that stuff mastered and pressed into CDs. It'd probably cost them more money then they would get back. There's no one checking for that music anymore other than a few internet heads and collectors.