Author Topic: Q About Suge Knight  (Read 1940 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Q About Suge Knight
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 01:56:35 PM »
did suge executive produce the unreleased albums?(gettn them studio, musicians=money) if yes, then why he didnt release anything?

well he decided to cause some confusion, so that you'll have enough stuff to ask about
:laugh:

kemizt

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »
did suge executive produce the unreleased albums?(gettn them studio, musicians=money) if yes, then why he didnt release anything?

well he decided to cause some confusion, so that you'll have enough stuff to ask about
::)

are you ok?

you've just made 2 posts without including any questions  :o :rubeyes:

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »
BTW..Anybody anticipating the new Hell Boy Movie??
..looks promosing

the first Hell Boy was off the meat rack....
so hell yeah....

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Trailer)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWvpuwatbJM&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fWvpuwatbJM&amp;hl=en</a>

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

D-Stress

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2008, 01:41:31 AM »

are you ok?

thats what forums are for, to ask q´s. :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 06:12:53 AM »

are you ok?

thats what forums are for, to ask q´s. :D

oh i thought this forum was made to mock you  :-\

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 01:00:12 PM »
dogg pound, snoop and pac were bigg names who sold like 250 k off of their names alone and were a nice addition to the catalogue no matter what..some of the releases like left eye were planned but didnt happen for  different reasons and most of the other artists were no names or less quality music....but hey maybe we will some of them in the future

D-Stress

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2008, 01:53:36 PM »
dogg pound, snoop and pac were bigg names who sold like 250 k off of their names alone and were a nice addition to the catalogue no matter what..some of the releases like left eye were planned but didnt happen for  different reasons and most of the other artists were no names or less quality music....but hey maybe we will some of them in the future

^^ i hope so.
AGAIN: why did he sign these "No-Name" ppl?even they were fuckin dope too.99%

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »

^^ i hope so.
AGAIN: why did he sign these "No-Name" ppl?even they were fuckin dope too.99%

How the fuck would we know?

kemizt

D-Stress

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
it means he had PLANS but shit happens..imagine if 2pac never died and death row was still goin wtih their roster. :'(

Chad Vader

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 12:35:13 PM »
imagine if 2pac never died and death row was still going with their roster. :'(

-imagine if D.O.C never had that car accident,that led to a lot of problems... (the power of the white girl)
that again got that fucker Suge AKA the worst piece of shit in Hip Hop's history to get in his ear  >:(.
That Dre let this fucker manipulate him and The D.O.C it's a shame.
There could be several reason for them to be weak minded at this point though.(Dre lost his brother,D.O.C´s drug problem)
But still a shame  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[.
So I ask you what roster?
Most of the people you talk about,
is people with some potential,nothing more,nothing less...  ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:19:50 PM by Chad Vader »

love33

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
Suge still has a ton of that unreleased material, best believe.  That auction was for all the RELEASED DEATH ROW material and 20 UNRELEASED TUPAC TRACKS.  He has all that unreleased Dr. Dre, Lefteye, Dr. Dre, more Tupac that he's keeping to himself, Top Dogg, Eastwood, Crooked I, OFTB, DJ Quik, Tha Realest, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Soopafly, Hammer, Tha Gang, Warren G.  Shit I could go on all day.  He just didn't include it in the auction and since there is NO DEMAND for it like some of the posters said that it wouldn't be worth the money that it costs to press it and release it on cd.

I think the best we could do is see the best of these tracks pop up on a future compilation on his new label.  Except for the Tupac material, he can always play it off and say "Crooked I just recorded this track" and throw it on a compilation and really it's a track from 2001.

Does anyone notice that none of the Lisa "Lefteye" Lopez tracks were included in that auction? old Dr. Dre tracks from OG Chronic 2000? Cash Money & Death Row tracks? Murder Inc and Death Row tracks? Unreleased Snoop albums? DMX's unreleased TGFR track, etc. Because they weren't part of the auction and they aren't in demand so Suge just shoved them under his pillow and when he comes out with this new label he might be able to make some business moves.

Most of the artists except for the dead ones, Snoop, and Dr. Dre, he could release the album and say they just freshly recorded it cause no judge or lawyer would ever be able to prove it or tell the difference if it's new or old.  And he had a lot more than 20 Tupac tracks, please believe.  That's compareable to him giving a few to Afeni in 1997 when he was sitting on 100's.  I read an interview with The Source in 2002 where he said he has enough material for 12 more Tupac albums, tons of unreleased material that nobody has even heard, but he won't release it because he didn't think it was Pac at his best.

Holla back.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »
When the fuck is Black Ball Records even gonna do ANYTHING. They've done nothing (that i know of) since that trailer for the reality show, and even then they were doing nothing. They signed that Young Life guy and what now? It would be sick to see Suge make this new company happen, but i think nothings gonna happen.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2008, 05:59:11 PM »
didnt crooked say some shit like that?
that he took his masters or some shit?

didn't most of the artists take the rights with them? like i think dre gets money made from the chronic and pac's sales goes to his mum and stuff like that
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2008, 06:27:21 PM »
Suge still has a ton of that unreleased material, best believe.  That auction was for all the RELEASED DEATH ROW material and 20 UNRELEASED TUPAC TRACKS.  He has all that unreleased Dr. Dre, Lefteye, Dr. Dre, more Tupac that he's keeping to himself, Top Dogg, Eastwood, Crooked I, OFTB, DJ Quik, Tha Realest, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Soopafly, Hammer, Tha Gang, Warren G.  Shit I could go on all day.  He just didn't include it in the auction and since there is NO DEMAND for it like some of the posters said that it wouldn't be worth the money that it costs to press it and release it on cd.

I think the best we could do is see the best of these tracks pop up on a future compilation on his new label.  Except for the Tupac material, he can always play it off and say "Crooked I just recorded this track" and throw it on a compilation and really it's a track from 2001.

Does anyone notice that none of the Lisa "Lefteye" Lopez tracks were included in that auction? old Dr. Dre tracks from OG Chronic 2000? Cash Money & Death Row tracks? Murder Inc and Death Row tracks? Unreleased Snoop albums? DMX's unreleased TGFR track, etc. Because they weren't part of the auction and they aren't in demand so Suge just shoved them under his pillow and when he comes out with this new label he might be able to make some business moves.

Most of the artists except for the dead ones, Snoop, and Dr. Dre, he could release the album and say they just freshly recorded it cause no judge or lawyer would ever be able to prove it or tell the difference if it's new or old.  And he had a lot more than 20 Tupac tracks, please believe.  That's compareable to him giving a few to Afeni in 1997 when he was sitting on 100's.  I read an interview with The Source in 2002 where he said he has enough material for 12 more Tupac albums, tons of unreleased material that nobody has even heard, but he won't release it because he didn't think it was Pac at his best.

Holla back.
  Where are you getting this information from? When you file for bankruptcy, they generally auction off all your assets. If Suge owes money that he can't pay back, why would they let him keep all of that unreleased material whether they knew its value or not? I'll admit that I don't know all the details of Suge's situation but I just don't see why they would ever let him do that. I don't think it would be that easy to just hide all this material and put it out later. He might be able to cut deals with underground labels and bootleggers but it would be very difficult for him to put out this material on his own without someone catching on. Another road block is promotion. If he can't promote the music as "Death Row vault material" then it's not nearly as valuable.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »
didnt crooked say some shit like that?
that he took his masters or some shit?

didn't most of the artists take the rights with them? like i think dre gets money made from the chronic and pac's sales goes to his mum and stuff like that

I don't think Crook said he took the material with him but he did say that he held on to his publishing which means that if anyone releases the songs he recorded on Death Row, he gets paid. If I recall, he said in an interview that he discussed this with that company that was pressing up those Realest and OFTB bootlegs and informed them that he would need to be paid if they put it out. Publishing is real important for an artist to have.