Author Topic: What happened to mellowman and who was he?  (Read 2422 times)

J Bananas

Re: What happened to mellowman and who was he?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »
Detox will be unlike anything you've ever heard before.  It's coming out on 5.1 surround sound.  Dre is a perfectionist.  Sometimes I would just stare at him in the studio and could see the music flow through him.  Detox will be completely different than anything you've ever heard on this planet.  Dre has been very good to me because he knows I'm a loyal nigga.  He knows that I would never share his secrets.  Heres a little jewel that I can share with you guys. He once recorded Hittman taking a shit and secretly looped it into some of the drum patterns on the 2001 album.  Dre is a genius.  Detox is gonna be better than both Chronic albums combined.  It will be unlike anything you've ever heard before.  It's gonna be amazing.  I wish I could tell you more about it, but I'm a loyal nigga and would never betray Dre.  Actually, "Betray Dre" is a name of one of the joints off Detox.  I came up with that in the studio.  Dre said it was the best song title he's ever heard.  That's one more jewel for yall.  This will be my last post for a long time, maybe ever.  Working on Detox might kill me.  If it does, it was worth it.

There.  That's a mellowman post. 

lolahaha

D-Stress

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 04:22:32 AM »
i wish adidas aka michael jackson would come back.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 09:48:08 AM »
"Dre is a perfectionist that's why his album is taking so long"
- No Compute
Now I'm an insider just like Sikotic and mellowman.
It was funny how sites like allhiphop started crediting the stuff he was saying to Mel Man, quality journalism. :D

This book actually quotes his posts (from here),claiming it's Mel-Man.
http://Dr. Dre in the Studio

22 used & new available from $7.25
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Dre-Studio-Aftermath-Notorious/dp/0976773554/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214912624&sr=1-5

Detox will be unlike anything you've ever heard before.  It's coming out on 5.1 surround sound.  Dre is a perfectionist.  Sometimes I would just stare at him in the studio and could see the music flow through him.  Detox will be completely different than anything you've ever heard on this planet.  Dre has been very good to me because he knows I'm a loyal nigga.  He knows that I would never share his secrets.  Heres a little jewel that I can share with you guys. He once recorded Hittman taking a shit and secretly looped it into some of the drum patterns on the 2001 album.  Dre is a genius.  Detox is gonna be better than both Chronic albums combined.  It will be unlike anything you've ever heard before.  It's gonna be amazing.  I wish I could tell you more about it, but I'm a loyal nigga and would never betray Dre.  Actually, "Betray Dre" is a name of one of the joints off Detox.  I came up with that in the studio.  Dre said it was the best song title he's ever heard.  That's one more jewel for yall.  This will be my last post for a long time, maybe ever.  Working on Detox might kill me.  If it does, it was worth it.

There.  That's a mellowman post. 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO...fuckin seriously? Do you have it? Someone needs to type up some excerpts.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 09:53:56 AM »
I have a feeling mellowman is a character devised by the dubcc higher-ups to give credibility to dubcnn and cause an increase in traffic. That's my theory and I'm stickin to it.

VV Sounds legit VV

Yeah lol stop posting questions, be glad that mellowman still takes the time to stop by and talk to us and bring us information otherwise we wouldn't be able to get.

LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 09:59:27 AM »
LOL...lets see what's up.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
LOL, im enjoying this shit.. up some pages cv  :)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »
LMAO...yeaah, I need to see the quotes from that book, wooow!!!

Chad Vader

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »
Didn't he make a few more posts under another name/account?

He went by MellowMan is Back on his 2nd account.

No way was that guy legit.
He never said anything concrete, only in vague generalities. 

No matter who he was,he knew his shit.
All the shit he said is knowledge most Dre heads know,but it was still a interesting read never the less.

I could sit here and make the same assumptions this muthafucka did.

True;  ;) Like this;
the SERIOUS detox topic: what we know/have + possible theories
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=169127
But as I said before it was still a interesting read.  ;)

If anything, he was the janitor at the studio cleaning out the toilet bowl Dre just shit in.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Honestly we never really found out who it was, I think it was most likely for him to be Mike Elizondo, or else some musician that works with Dre.
Even though I don't know how legit he was I doubt he was an alias, yeah he stayed vague but still, doesn't mean he was completely phony.

Let me ask you this then,you can pin point the location by ip addresses right?
If so did you guys?
He said numerous of times that he was in the studio with Dre (if I remember right).  ;) so...?
And Adriano dogg/aftermathmusic.com (even you(?)) said he was legit (if I remember right).  ;)

Never the less it was interesting to read his shit,legit or not.  ;)

It is hilarious how he got quoted everywhere as being Mel-Man though!
It was all over the place, even on the radio!

This means Mel-Man should be asked about this next time he gets interviewed.
So he can clear it up,he must be aware of it
DUBCNN: Post Questions For Mel-Man
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=181272.0

Here ya´ll go....
The author (Jake Brown) has simply stolen quotes straight from here and claimed it´s Mel-Man or it´s Mel-Man  :P.
You be the judge  ;)
Dr. Dre in the Studio

22 used & new available from $7.25
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Dre-Studio-Aftermath-Notorious/dp/0976773554/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214912624&sr=1-5
Detox,2006 and beyond...

Maybe we should get a hold of the author (Jake Brown) of this book?  :P
This is all the the info I found after a QUICK google  ;) (in other words not much)

Jake Brown
http://www.ecwpress.com/biographies/jake_brown

Nashville-based music biographer Jake Brown has published seventeen books, including Dr. Dre: In the Studio; Suge Knight: The Rise, Fall and Rise of Death Row Records; 50 Cent: No Holds Barred; Biggie Smalls: Ready to Die; Tupac: In the Studio (authorized by the estate); as well as titles on Kanye West, R. Kelly, Jay Z, the Black Eyed Peas, and non-hip hop titles including Red Hot Chili Peppers: In the Studio, Motley Crue: In the Studio, and the Behind the Boards Rock Producers Anthology Series. Brown was also a featured author in Rick James’ recently published autobiography, Memoirs of Rick James: Confessions of a Super Freak, and in February 2008, appeared as the official biographer of record on Fuse TV's Live Through This: Nikki Sixx TV special, and has received additional coverage/press in national publications including MTV.com, Vibe, Publishers Weekly, etc. Brown is also owner of the hard rock label Versailles Records, distributed nationally by Big Daddy Music/MVD Distribution.

Jake Brown
http://www.shelfari.com/authors/373258/Jake-Brown/summary

Let's get started!

Anyone can edit Jake Brown’s page.
Jot down something you know about the author
Add a video, a picture, or a link
If you're the author, feel free to jump right in

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:28:17 PM by Chad Vader »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »
^LMAO...Classic. What's funny is that mellowman actually denied being Mel-Man when confronted about it. :laugh:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 11:40:30 AM »
not the first supposidly credible person or site to falsely claim mellowman was mel man.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
This is fuckin hilarious.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

acgrundy

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
so what are all those book scans about...I don't want to read it all...did mellowman copy it or what?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 10:53:12 PM »
^no, man...they quoted mellowman's posts from WCC and claimed it was Mel-Man.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 01:33:03 AM »
Honestly we never really found out who it was, I think it was most likely for him to be Mike Elizondo, or else some musician that works with Dre. And NO, he was not made up by dubcnn staff lol, who the hell would have the time to come up with all that shit?? Even though I don't know how legit he was I doubt he was an alias, yeah he stayed vague but still, doesn't mean he was completely phony.

It is hilarious how he got quoted everywhere as being Mel-Man though! It was all over the place, even on the radio!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 01:35:50 AM »
Honestly we never really found out who it was, I think it was most likely for him to be Mike Elizondo, or else some musician that works with Dre. And NO, he was not made up by dubcnn staff lol, who the hell would have the time to come up with all that shit?? Even though I don't know how legit he was I doubt he was an alias, yeah he stayed vague but still, doesn't mean he was completely phony.

yeah the posts were too detailed for an alias.