Author Topic: What happened to mellowman and who was he?  (Read 2420 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: What happened to mellowman and who was he?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
Honestly we never really found out who it was, I think it was most likely for him to be Mike Elizondo, or else some musician that works with Dre. And NO, he was not made up by dubcnn staff lol, who the hell would have the time to come up with all that shit?? Even though I don't know how legit he was I doubt he was an alias, yeah he stayed vague but still, doesn't mean he was completely phony.

It is hilarious how he got quoted everywhere as being Mel-Man though! It was all over the place, even on the radio!

Huh? What station said he was Mel-Man? LOL.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 06:25:10 PM »
I have a feeling mellowman is a character devised by the dubcc higher-ups to give credibility to dubcnn and cause an increase in traffic. That's my theory and I'm stickin to it.

mellowman is how I got here.
I read on Aftermathmusic.com that Mel Man was posting info here and it gave a link.  The link took me here and I ended up signing up. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 11:47:04 PM »
Someone please post something that he posted that was legit.  One thing.  THE GUY WAS PHONY.

heat

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
I could sit here and make the same assumptions this muthafucka did. He was a scam artist, Miss Cleo style.

LOL @ all these cats like giving him all the respect in the world actin like his threads were the holy grail. If anything, he was the janitor at the studio cleaning out the toilet bowl Dre just shit in.

That's right I remember the respons dude got from cats of this forum, that shit was funny.. And yeah dat mellowman probably cleaning the toilet at Rap Alot now! lol.. What a guy all that inside info that really wasn't any new info, madeup shit..

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 05:07:57 AM »
^^ I'm sure there was a YouTube link posted a while back where you could hear part of it in the background. It might have been a Chronic promo interview with Dre and not the documentary tho.

Wait up...Dre-Day tracked down the producer of a 1992 documentary to ask him if part of an old unreleased Dre track was used in the background somewhere? That's dedication lol

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 06:08:23 AM »
^^ I'm sure there was a YouTube link posted a while back where you could hear part of it in the background.
It might have been a Chronic promo interview with Dre and not the documentary tho.

feel free to try to remember exactly where...  ;) ;)

I'll try, but with search function fucked it's gonna be difficult.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 07:47:36 AM »

Wait up...Dre-Day tracked down the producer of a 1992 documentary to ask him if part of an old unreleased Dre track was used in the background somewhere? That's dedication lol
not sure how i came across his myspace page, but i figure it was by coincidence ;)

2euce 7even

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
where´s ADIDAS aka michael jackson?

Jome

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »
Just did a IP-check on mellowman, it resolves to Iowa Telecom..

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 09:08:44 AM »

That's where Dre's secret studio is at. 

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 01:56:49 PM »
whether he was real or not his posts were always interesting.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

herpes

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »
I was mellowman.  I dont know who mellowman is back was though.

Sikotic™

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2009, 08:01:24 PM »
He probably had a cow named Dr. Dre then.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »
I was mellowman.  I dont know who mellowman is back was though.

u aint gotta lie 2 kick it, tommy

Chad Vader

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »

Fail part 1;  :P

The other DOC remix I forgot wasn't The Whirlwind pyramid, it was
Portrait of A Masterpiece remix (The only Dre produced house/techno beat ever)

:P :P :P

D.O.C., The - Portrait Of A Masterpiece
http://www.discogs.com/DOC-Portrait-Of-A-Masterpiece/release/556433

Tracklisting:
A1 Portrait Of A Masterpiece (CJ's Ed-Did-It Mix) (4:40) Remix - CJ Mackintosh
A2 Portrait Of A Masterpiece (CJ's Ed-Did-It 7" Mix) (2:57) Remix - CJ Mackintosh
B1 Portrait Of A Masterpiece (Hip Hop 12" Extended) (5:18)
B2 Portrait Of A Masterpiece (Original Album Version) (2:30)

:P :P :P :P :P

Fail part 2;

Birth of A Nation documentary
Matthew McDaniel told Dre-Day that "Mr.Officer" don't appear in his documentary.
So who to believe? Mellowman or Matt and Dre-Day?  :P

^it would be ridiculous if Matt didn't know the content of his own documentary.

besides, if the rumour was true, then somebody would have ripped the track ages ago.

Found this while searching for some other shit;  :P
The original versions of the Chronic had a couple tracks that never made it to the intitial printing.  The one I know for sure (and have luckily had the honor to hear) was called "Mr. Officer".  Some of the first promotional copies of The Chronic had this track on it.  The track is very violent and musically brillant, and is Dre's solo version of "Fuck The Police".  But because of the fallout from Cop Killer and the riots(Mr. Officer was probably even slightly more graphic than Cop Killer) Interscope pulled the track from the initial printing.  (fyi - it does not sound anything like the geto boys song Crooked Officer, although lyrically parts of the chorus are the same) Although we can't share it with you there is a way for someone to track it down.  Mr. Officer was used on a documentary of the L.A. Riots called Birth of A Nation.  So if that movie is out there somewhere (which it may or may not be) then you might be able to find one of Dre's craziest unreleased tracks.

:P :P :P :P

Fail part 3;

What now?  :P