Author Topic: Top 10 Rap Songs From Best Rap Year... 1996  (Read 308 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Top 10 Rap Songs From Best Rap Year... 1996
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

Wtf is that shit in your avatar and sig? Are you a alias or something, who comes on a rap forum to be religious lmao!!!

If you can come on the forum and be an ignorant asshole then I can come on the form and be religious.

And as far as my pics and my sigs, it is relevant to hiphop.  So is so many rappers from Rakim to Wu-tang can put Allah's name in their raps then why wouldn't I be able to put it in my sig?

Hiphop and Islam have deep roots and I've even been writing a book about this very subject.  Maybe THE first rap group ever was the Last Poets and everyone of their members is an orthodox Muslim and the Zulu Nation had Afrika Islam in it, these are founders of hiphop.  

Hiphop has a rich history of Afrocentrism before it all became about booty dancers and lollipops they were talkin about their Roots, well my pic is from the exact same region where Alex Haley's "Roots" were.   

my shit is all relevant, u guys postin up R&B hoes in yur avatars is what is not relevant.  If I had a picture of me drinkin a 40 in a club that would be hiphop to you?  But if I have a pic of myself outside the most famous mosque in the world that doesn't belong at the forum?  You really need to broaden your vision of what it means to be hiphop.  This whole world is a school and Allah is the teacher.  You can't limit yourself. 
Look into the his-story  Blacks were taken from West Africa and enslaved in America.  they used to speak in coded language so that the slave master wouldn't understand them.  Just like today, many establishment whites can't understand real hip-hop. 

By the 1960's blacks had forgotten much of their true nature and past religion (Islam or West Africa) that they had lost during slavery.  They had been defined in media and world opinion by the white man.

So disenfranchised blacks in New York picked themselves up and like hunter gathers and nomads they biult something of their own and created hiphop culture, where they could define themselves in their own terms and identify with their past glory, thus reshaping their image.  So being that West Africa is predominately Muslim Islam was a positive representation for blacks in hiphop.  And many Afrocentric groups like the Nation of Islam, Moorish Science Muslims, 5% Nation of Islam laid the foundation on the streets of New York for the manner in which hiphop would choose to express itself in the 70's , 80's and 90's. 

Nearly all the greats of the golden era were influenced by Islam.  KRS posed like Malcolm X on his most famous album cover... Rakim called himself Rakim Allah... Nas' father is a Muslim and named him after the last chapter in the Qu'ran.... even on the West Coast when Ice Cube gives reverence to Elijah Muhammad and "Today Was A Good Day" because "mama cooked a breakfast with no hog" (pork is forbidden to eat in Islam). 
It's all over their lyrics I could go on forever that's why I'm writing a book about it.  I'll send you a copy when I'm through.

peace.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:52:47 PM by Abdul-Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 04:30:30 PM »
are you stuck in the past?

Are you crankin dat Souljah Boy and lickin Wayne's Lollipop?

actually, no. are you still raising the roof and wearing osh kosh jumpsuits?

herpes

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 04:43:13 PM »
are you stuck in the past?

Are you crankin dat Souljah Boy and lickin Wayne's Lollipop?

actually, no. are you still raising the roof and wearing osh kosh jumpsuits?

And if he still is whats it to you.  At least he is doing what he wants instead of being a tool doing what popular culture tells them to.