Author Topic: Update on the Nas-cam'ron beef  (Read 1319 times)

themovie

Update on the Nas-cam'ron beef
« on: July 01, 2002, 09:03:12 PM »
Concert boycotts, calling out other rappers, exposing alleged dirty radio politics and under-the-table payoffs: Nas has done it all in the past few days. Some have chalked up the usually reserved street poet's actions and words of late to straight wildin' out, some say he's just awakening, others have been saying the King of Queensbridge has snapped. He can't even explain it.

"I don't know why I'm saying this, I don't know what's gotten into me, but one thing I know is that I love the music too much and I try to stay real to it," Nas said Friday in Hershey, Pennsylvania, just before his performance as part of Usher's Evolution Tour. "When I see people faking the funk, I can't have it."

New York radio station Hot 97 wasn't having it last Wednesday when it held its annual grand slam concert Summer Jam. While Nas was the scheduled headliner for the Uniondale, New York, event, he declined to show up when the station, he said, would not let him perform the song "Ether." Instead, he went on Hot 97's rival Power 105.1 and went on a tirade about the day's events.

Hot 97 defended itself the next day and said it didn't have any beef with Nas performing "Ether," but rather it was perturbed by a mock lynching of Jay-Z that was supposed to take place during his set.

"What I was about to do was no different than what Eminem would do onstage when he brings out dolls of Britney Spears, of his own moms," Nas rebutted. "Or what [Dr.] Dre did when he had a lawsuit against Michigan from them not allowing him to express himself.

"They conspired together to make sure I wasn't dissing any other rappers, but for some reason they promote other rappers dissing Nas every time," he continued. "I just want to figure out what's happening with that. I want to prevent that from happening with any artist in the future, not to be exploited or put in slavery by any radio station or anything for that matter. This is supposed to be our freedom of speech, our time to voice our word to the world and they're giving us limitations — well, giving me limitations — because it seems like every time you turn on that station it's a new rapper talking about me and they promoting it like it's the best thing since sliced bread."

Nas was indirectly referring to Cam'ron's appearance on Hot 97 in the wake of Summer Jam night. While on Power 105.1, Nas said Cam was a "good" lyricist but added his latest album was "wack." The Harlemite, not too far removed from his impromptu performance at the concert, hit the studio and recorded a scathing comeback, where he raps over Nas' "Hate Me Now" for a portion of it and, among other things, threatens Nas by saying, "Take your daughter to R. Kelly and have my way with her face."

"To talk about people's moms and daughters, that's how you reach down and try to hurt somebody's feelings," Nas said of Cam's rhymes. "He's lost. He's looking for a way to sell records but he doesn't understand that he's getting used by Hot 97 for ratings and to speak up for [Funkmaster] Flex, who don't care about nobody except for himself. They got a dummy to be a dummy and go up on the radio and speak out against me. It's unfortunate because they're using [Cam'ron] and he's not even a part of my fight. My fight is against any power structure that's gonna try to hold the freedom of speech and that fight is not over yet."

One fight that Nas also hinted isn't over — though he iterated he wants it to stay strictly in the verbal form — is with Flex. On Friday afternoon, during a pre-taped interview on New York radio station 107.5 WBLS' "The Wendy Williams Experience," Nas accused Flex of taking money under the table to play records (a claim that Flex has heard before and has denied in several interviews) and basically put up a bounty, saying, "If you a real man, take Flex's chain and give it to me. If you a real man, when you see Flex take off his chain and I got something for you. If you a rap artist, that's real, smack that n---a man!"

"I didn't mean that, because as a real man I'm not gonna promote any violence," a remorseful Nas said of his diatribe. "I'm not gonna ask for any harm to be done to Flex. I was outraged, I was angry and I'm man enough to say I really don't want nothing to happen to him because he's not fit for it, he's not built for it. He's just a mouth that gets paid to do whatever he wants to do ... I take that statement back."

On Saturday, Nas did have his chance to perform in front of some New Yorkers who traveled down to New Jersey as the Evolution Tour made a stop at the PNC Bank Arts Center.

With no one threatening to censor him, he hit them with one verse of "Ether" then abruptly ended the song, saying, "Nah, I'm done with that, I need new competition, I'm moving on," as the crowd chanted for him to finish.

"I been through a lot of things in my life and I'm going through a lot of things right now, but I can't let all the negativity get to me," he also told the audience during his performance. After his finale of "One Mic," the onlookers gave him a standing ovation that lasted a little over two minutes.

S.G.V.

Re: Update on the Nas-cam'ron beef
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 08:56:30 AM »
man nas is crying and crying about this shit...he needs to get over it...hes always talking shit about jayz and just now hes stopping...i havent heard jayz talk about nas ina while....then he wants someone to take flexs chain..lol...if he was a man he wouldve done it himself....then of course he doesnt want any reprecussions so he takes it back...lol...yea nas is a real thug...lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 09:06:03 AM »
man nas is crying and crying about this shit...he needs to get over it...hes always talking shit about jayz and just now hes stopping...i havent heard jayz talk about nas ina while....then he wants someone to take flexs chain..lol...if he was a man he wouldve done it himself....then of course he doesnt want any reprecussions so he takes it back...lol...yea nas is a real thug...lol

really,  jus shut tha fuck up already.  Your worse than a dickrider,  his name comes outta ur mouth more than snoop comes outta snoop dickriders mouth.  Your front on 2 classic tracks, lifes a bitch an ny state of mind.  If a westcoast artist made them tracks u would be talkin bout how they r classics.  Than u said hes got one good album.  

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 09:09:38 AM »
an secondly u have all this hate for nas,  atleast he did suptin different wit stillmatic. AN HE is talkin bout how fucked up rap is now.  Atleast he is speakin up on it.  ONly other rapper from tha west that i saw do that was Kam.  He makin rap somewhat interesting wit this beef.  Rememeber beef has always been a part of hip-hop.  an rap hasnt seen a beef this good since canibus an ll.  But wait its all about tha music,  but it was alright when pac did basically tha same shit

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 09:11:49 AM »

really,  jus shut tha fuck up already.  Your worse than a dickrider,  his name comes outta ur mouth more than snoop comes outta snoop dickriders mouth.  Your front on 2 classic tracks, lifes a bitch an ny state of mind.  If a westcoast artist made them tracks u would be talkin bout how they r classics.  Than u said hes got one good album.  

do u know me?...no...u ride mobb deep and nas dick harder than anyone...and bitch u aint even from queens....if a west coast artist made lifes a bitch or ny state of mind(which i dont think a west coast artist would make) i still wouldnt have an comment on them....i didnt say they were wack...i just didnt choose either....theres plenty of west coast shit out there that i think is wack as fuck....if its wack its wack....hell i think snoop is real wack right now...dialated is wack...j5 is wack....killa tay gets wack after a while....i could go on....so u implying that i ride west coast dick is absurd.....foo when i talk about nas i drop facts....so i have legitimate reasons why i think hes fucking wack....understand that....btw he only has one good album....his other albums arent worth shit.....oh and why is it that u know everything i write about nas?....u watch me that much?....

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 09:18:09 AM »

do u know me?...no...u ride mobb deep and nas dick harder than anyone...and bitch u aint even from queens....if a west coast artist made lifes a bitch or ny state of mind(which i dont think a west coast artist would make) i still wouldnt have an comment on them....i didnt say they were wack...i just didnt choose either....theres plenty of west coast shit out there that i think is wack as fuck....if its wack its wack....hell i think snoop is real wack right now...dialated is wack...j5 is wack....killa tay gets wack after a while....i could go on....so u implying that i ride west coast dick is absurd.....foo when i talk about nas i drop facts....so i have legitimate reasons why i think hes fucking wack....understand that....btw he only has one good album....his other albums arent worth shit.....oh and why is it that u know everything i write about nas?....u watch me that much?....

i ride mobb deeps dick,  when was tha last time i mentioned them.  An fuck u i aint from queens.  109-20,  108st.  south ozone park.  Next block over was richmond hill.  down tha block from aqueduct race track.  I lived 15 minutes from QB, which is long island city which has la guardia community college there an devry college.  Oh yea tha house i lived in was a 3 family house.  Tha basement apartment, main one ( i lived there) an up stairs.  House was red an white.  I lived across tha street from ps 108.  Lived right off of rockaway bvld.  What else u wanna know bitch

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2002, 09:22:58 AM »

i ride mobb deeps dick,  when was tha last time i mentioned them.  An fuck u i aint from queens.  109-20,  108st.  south ozone park.  Next block over was richmond hill.  down tha block from aqueduct race track.  I lived 15 minutes from QB, which is long island city which has la guardia community college there an devry college.  Oh yea tha house i lived in was a 3 family house.  Tha basement apartment, main one ( i lived there) an up stairs.  House was red an white.  I lived across tha street from ps 108.  Lived right off of rockaway bvld.  What else u wanna know bitch

key word: LIVED

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2002, 04:23:17 PM »

key word: LIVED

an i never ever claimed any thing else,  never claimed i still lived there.  only thing i claimed was i lived there,  which i did,  an i will move back as soon as possible.  An its not like i aint never been back cuz i have a lot a family there still an shit.  So i aint neve fronted like i still lived there,  never fronted like i was from QB,  south jamaica,  far rock,  jus tellin it like it is

S.G.V.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2002, 04:40:15 PM »

an i never ever claimed any thing else,  never claimed i still lived there.  only thing i claimed was i lived there,  which i did,  an i will move back as soon as possible.  An its not like i aint never been back cuz i have a lot a family there still an shit.  So i aint neve fronted like i still lived there,  never fronted like i was from QB,  south jamaica,  far rock,  jus tellin it like it is

fine...but thats off topic...nas is still a lame ass hypocrite

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2002, 05:37:53 PM »

fine...but thats off topic...nas is still a lame ass hypocrite

an so is every other rapper in tha game,  even pac would contradict himself.  An say what u wanna,  atleast this beef is entertaining

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2002, 03:22:14 AM »

an so is every other rapper in tha game,  even pac would contradict himself.  

Thats exactly what i've been saying. KRS contradicts himself, 'Pac did alot and there's tonnes of others, but it's like once a rapper is on top of his game (not sales wise, i'm talking about skills and bringing quality music) people wanna hate because it makes them feel better. I see all this hate for Nas surface recently, even when alot of the shit he made makes sense and they know this people still wanna shun him because he's suddenly on top again. If your gonna diss him then atleast say something valid, not just shit like 'nas is wack 'cos I said so', thats just pathetic.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2002, 05:21:17 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1025593392;start=0#10 date=07/03/02 at 08:22:14]

Thats exactly what i've been saying. KRS contradicts himself, 'Pac did alot and there's tonnes of others, but it's like once a rapper is on top of his game (not sales wise, i'm talking about skills and bringing quality music) people wanna hate because it makes them feel better. I see all this hate for Nas surface recently, even when alot of the shit he made makes sense and they know this people still wanna shun him because he's suddenly on top again. If your gonna diss him then atleast say something valid, not just shit like 'nas is wack 'cos I said so', thats just pathetic.

i never said nobody else wasnt hypocritical....i was just talking about nas at the time...but if u read any of my posts regarding nas u will see valid reasons why i believe hes wack....ONE BEING THAT HES A HYPOCRITE

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2002, 06:55:20 PM »

i never said nobody else wasnt hypocritical....i was just talking about nas at the time...but if u read any of my posts regarding nas u will see valid reasons why i believe hes wack....ONE BEING THAT HES A HYPOCRITE

but thats tha point me an euthanasia r makin,  if u hate nas cuz he is a hypocrit u might as well hate every rapper in tha game.  He even admitted to his mistakes by doin that bling bling shit,  how many other rappers would admit to that,  give tha guy some credit

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2002, 06:57:29 PM »

but thats tha point me an euthanasia r makin,  if u hate nas cuz he is a hypocrit u might as well hate every rapper in tha game.  He even admitted to his mistakes by doin that bling bling shit,  how many other rappers would admit to that,  give tha guy some credit

Word

S.G.V.

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2002, 12:21:03 AM »

but thats not the only reason why i DISLIKE HIM....i dont really hate anyone...i understand where u guys are coming from...but nas has never excited me....when i heard him on the wake up show he would never really prove anything...i lost respect for him then...then he dropped that song with lauryn hill and i really thought he was coming way too commercial with that....everything after that was downhill TO ME......and as of recently i think hes mouth is just too big and hes not really doing much with it....sure he made ether but i didnt find that to be such a great diss like everyone says it is....really Takeover was much better....it actually stated FACTS....something nas didnt do....nas just called people gay n shit....which is a good hit but not good enough TO ME.....plus i got other reasons why i dont like him...but those are the main ones.....