Author Topic: Shady Records Issues Statement On Obie's Departure  (Read 918 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Shady Records Issues Statement On Obie's Departure
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »
^^ no way were dre's beats wasted on that album. Obie ripped every one of them apart and it was good to hear dre prosducing tracks for the likes of obie trice and not the 50 cents etc.

actually 50 cent needs tho dre beats again, not these low budget names and beats. but obie did rip those dre beats, and shit hits the fan was on of my fav. songs on that album.

both Obie's albums were dope, can't wait for his next one

HELL YEA! i loved both of obies albums! Cheers>>>2nd Rounds On Me, IMO.

yeah his 2 albums are quite good to me; not personal favourites though  ;)

those dre beats on cheers were some of dres best beats in a long minute...all wasted on obie...he should have kept them lol
wasted as in, it could have been Detox material to you, or wasted as in, Obie is a bad artist to you?  :P

Potentially Detox material to me...Not definite but for the time he released that shit it def could have kept them or given those beats to better rappers.

I really don't think obie is a great artist at all, i think he is good with a pen but i think it takes alot more than that to be a good artist. I dont think he is a bad artist either but i dont think he is anything special. When his album came out (cheers) alot of people including myself felt that the production his album was great but he didnt really do the beats justice on a whole as a track and that he was outshone by most if not all his 'feature spots'...an opinion i have too.

Dre could have even given those beats to someone else...the setup beat was perfect for snoop imo and the 'oh' beat could have been killed by xzibit or eminem...

I aint saying obie did bad on those beats because i dont think anyone could have really sounded bad on those beats BUT i think they could have been given to better artists.

Thats how i see it anyway....Now i know i said i aint gon hiphop back n forth with u BUT you know what....its summer...its warm, bitches are out. its all love here...aint got time to front over silly internet shit....so i aint trippin!!

Pz playa!!!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »
as for his two albums, cheers is much better than his second imo ;-)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »
fair enough.

anyway, as far as Detox is concerned; i think the production 'style' of Oh! & Don't Get Carried Away would be great for Detox  ;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 04:58:55 PM »
not a fan of Obie at all
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Marapka

• Lil Geezy
  • Wanna battle me ? P.m me
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
well i wish obie good luck hopefully his next album will sell more now that he's not signed with shady records
What the fuck is a signature ????

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 12:16:46 AM »
Dre def wasted some phenomenal beats on Obie's debut.  I really believe the joints he hooked him up with were what the initial Detox album was gonna be like, but do to lackluster sales (at the time) Dre abandoned that whole sound.  Obie never really impressed me, really couldn't care less if I hear much from him again or not. 

Somebody needs to up that album, mine is scratched all to fuck.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 05:06:55 AM »
i wonder how long it will take before Stat Quo leaves

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 10:43:32 AM »
I still listen to "Cheers". Another rapper with talent loses his deal. Go Soulja Boy!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

D~Nice

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »

Yeah at least Obie had 2 albums out on Interscope. Stat has not even had his debut drop yet.  :-\

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
Obie Trice is an amazin rapper....good to see their still on good terms

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 11:24:05 AM »

Yeah at least Obie had 2 albums out on Interscope. Stat has not even had his debut drop yet.  :-\

plus, it's been very quiet around him recently  :P

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »
What is up with Shady records nowadays anyway?