Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & DJ Drama The City Is In Good Hands Is Here!!  (Read 1270 times)

h2k4

Re: Snoop Dogg & DJ Drama The City Is In Good Hands Is Here!!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 04:51:50 PM »
This cd is not good at all.  It doesn't get me hyped for any Snoop Dogg material.  Snoop has fallen off, in my opinion.

WICK1D

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 05:34:18 PM »
Just got my copy some of the songs are dope but the DJ Drama tags kill

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »
This cd is not good at all.  It doesn't get me hyped for any Snoop Dogg material.  Snoop has fallen off, in my opinion.
I am affraid to have to agree with you... I was still supporting Snoop but recently I gave a spin to Doggystyle and he was on a completely other level that I am affraid he can't reach today...

SOUL MECHANIX

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:53 PM »
Anybody got a link?

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »
this is just a quickly put to0gether mixtape
it's was more like a compilation
snoop wasn't even featured on some of the songs

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 01:12:32 PM »
I am affraid to have to agree with you... I was still supporting Snoop but recently I gave a spin to Doggystyle and he was on a completely other level that I am affraid he can't reach today...

yup, no doubt about that.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

midwestryder

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »
doggystyle was when snoop dogg was still a punk kid who gangbang . snoop dogg si a real grown up . so snoops music today would not sound like doggystyle . as good as doggystyle was . it is still a negative album. snoop dogg is on some more real postive shit anymore. if you want to listen to people talk about childish bullshit & gang banging then listen to some bulshit fake new school artist because you guys don't like it when artist grow up.also ego tripping was  a new school chronic & you guys are too blind to see it.you guys forget chronic was R&B album.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »
dope mixtape all those tags ruin it. it should be snoop or dpg yelling, but still copped it.

h2k4

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 06:03:25 PM »
doggystyle was when snoop dogg was still a punk kid who gangbang . snoop dogg si a real grown up . so snoops music today would not sound like doggystyle . as good as doggystyle was . it is still a negative album. snoop dogg is on some more real postive shit anymore. if you want to listen to people talk about childish bullshit & gang banging then listen to some bulshit fake new school artist because you guys don't like it when artist grow up.also ego tripping was  a new school chronic & you guys are too blind to see it.you guys forget chronic was R&B album.

What is this negative and positive shit you talk about?  If I want to listen to positive music, I'm definitely not going to listen to a Snoop Dogg album for it.  I have no problem with Snoop growing up.  I even liked his "R&G" album but "Ego Trippin" and this mediocre mixtape is garbage.  The production on "Ego Trippin" might be good but he is not.  People need to stop giving him a pass just because he is a Westcoast "legend".
Also, "Ego Trippin" should never be talked about with the likes of "Chronic", shame on you :nawty:
 :grumpy: @ you saying "The Chronic" is an R&B album.

midwestryder

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »

What is this negative and positive shit you talk about?  If I want to listen to positive music, I'm definitely not going to listen to a Snoop Dogg album for it.  I have no problem with Snoop growing up.  I even liked his "R&G" album but "Ego Trippin" and this mediocre mixtape is garbage.  The production on "Ego Trippin" might be good but he is not.  People need to stop giving him a pass just because he is a Westcoast "legend".
Also, "Ego Trippin" should never be talked about with the likes of "Chronic", shame on you :nawty:
shame on you for not knowing you music at all . yes, chronic is called a R&B album by music insiders but you would know nothing about that .  yes you do have a problem with snoop grwoing up because you except nothing but negative gangsta msuic fro him & that is not right at all .yes , ego tripping is new school chronic . if dr dre made a new chronic today it would sound like ego tripping . i am not giving him a pass at all . i luv ego tripping . all snoop doggs lyrics on there  are about grown up shit ,youngster. alos R&G album was not a grown up msuic album . R&G was still about negative bullshit in it .What is this negative and positive shit i talk about. gang banggin is negative & people woh make albums about gangbangin make a negative album. while people who make real grown up music make positive msuic like ego tripping . well you better get used to snoop dogg be on positive think all the time because he is parent & thati s what parents do. grow the fuck up , you just don't like the snopp dogg when back to his real roots 1960's & 1970's R&B & funk not that gangsta rap bullshit. snoop dogg grew up on 1960's & 1970's R&B & funk & you can't understand that or feel it at all because you are not old enough to & you have been listen to gangsta rap bullshit too long . real O.G's ride to music lke ego tripping not that fake gangsta rap . real O.G''s ride to 1960's & 1970's R&B & funk not that fake gangsta rap at all .you guys don't even know waht a real O.G.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 11:40:39 AM »
Can someone just up the "Love It When" track feat. Westurn Union.  That's some new Soopafly right there!  I don't want to waste my time dl'ing that snoop crap when Soopafly is all us fans want!

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »
this mixtape is terrible and the Drama tags have little to do with that. It's just full of throwaway tracks.
Fuck That Shit
Diamonds On My Neck
Rida Man
Let Me Know
ATL Theme Song

those 5 are so bad it's unreal, what the heck? lol..I won't put too much stock into this cause it's a mixtape but damn this is awful. That "The Lookout" is hot though, wonder what that's from, we need the full version of that.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 06:54:19 PM »

shame on you for not knowing you music at all . yes, chronic is called a R&B album by music insiders but you would know nothing about that .  yes you do have a problem with snoop grwoing up because you except nothing but negative gangsta msuic fro him & that is not right at all .yes , ego tripping is new school chronic . if dr dre made a new chronic today it would sound like ego tripping . i am not giving him a pass at all . i luv ego tripping . all snoop doggs lyrics on there  are about grown up shit ,youngster. alos R&G album was not a grown up msuic album . R&G was still about negative bullshit in it .What is this negative and positive shit i talk about. gang banggin is negative & people woh make albums about gangbangin make a negative album. while people who make real grown up music make positive msuic like ego tripping . well you better get used to snoop dogg be on positive think all the time because he is parent & thati s what parents do. grow the fuck up , you just don't like the snopp dogg when back to his real roots 1960's & 1970's R&B & funk not that gangsta rap bullshit. snoop dogg grew up on 1960's & 1970's R&B & funk & you can't understand that or feel it at all because you are not old enough to & you have been listen to gangsta rap bullshit too long . real O.G's ride to music lke ego tripping not that fake gangsta rap . real O.G''s ride to 1960's & 1970's R&B & funk not that fake gangsta rap at all .you guys don't even know waht a real O.G.

Lol

kemizt

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 08:17:26 PM »
I will neva undastand how people say Snoop has fallen off since Doggystyle- cuz if that waz tha case then he was neva really on (dogg food was by tha dogg pound and tha doggfather was weak - so ya'll say).  u eitha like it or ya don't, but if u ask me Snoop has been goin' back 2 his roots eva since TBCT (a lil' rusty at 1st but DEFINATLY back on point) AND R&G was an okay album.  Every1 will neva agree on 1 thing so its expected, but at tha rate ya'll be goin' on rappers, why do u even lissen 2 rap music - ya'll dont like shit unless if its from DeathRow, a company that will NEVER release an album again and hasnt in 10yrs and 2months (2Pac doesnt count).  don't watch TV or turn on tha radio if u dont wana hear soda pop musik or drive,walk,run,fly,skate, fart magic air 2 tha CD store in SILENCE 2 BUY an album instead of download it.  GUARENTEE MOST of yall on this WHOLE BOARD/INTERNET WILL DOWNLOAD DETOX whether if its Dre's best album or worst.  OG's dont get passes like this (not even Snoop) cuz if they did their crown woulda been snatched along time ago - RULE OF THA STREETS (4 tha suburban kids at home).  Snoop, Pac, Dre, Jay, etc. coulda NEVER came back 2 tha hood EVER if they woulda pulled an MC Hammer/Vanilla Ice.  but that topic belongs in tha GSPOT.  but as far as this MIXTAPE is concerned- how do u not like it, Snoop kepp it G wit da beats and tha lyrics (no commercial singles and darker, funkier beats) wats wrong with you- do u have nothing else 2 do but start a downhill battle?

THE CHRONIC WAS A FUNK HIP HOP ALBUM not R&B homey
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:25:59 PM by BiggBoogaBiff »

h2k4

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »

I could care less what music insiders have to say.  If that was the case, then I would be saying that Lil Wayne is the greatest.  You can actually sit there and say that it is an R&B album?  How so?  I respect your opinion in that you think "Ego Trippin" is the new school "Chronic" but I strongly disagree with that.  To me, positive music is what Common, Talib Kweli, and artists similar to that do.  Furthermore, I don't rely on music to give me a positive message.
Snoop's music is not positive.  Now that he's seen how poorly his latest effort has done, I have a feeling he'll just jump right back to doing "negative" music.  He's just trying to cater to what the masses want to hear and get more sales.  I have yet to see any "OG's" listening to "Sexual Seduction".  That shit is just pathetic.  But that is just my opinion.  If Snoop continues with his, as you say it, "positive" music, I have no problem not buying his albums.  I didn't buy "Ego Trippin" and I wont buy the next one if it's similar.  There are plenty of artists out there that make quality music.  You say gangsta rap is bullshit but why are you comparing "Ego Trippin" to "The Chronic"?  There is nothing "positive" about "The Chronic".