Author Topic: THUG HOLIDAY  (Read 293 times)

themovie

THUG HOLIDAY
« on: June 22, 2002, 12:35:12 AM »
In my opinion,this album will be HUGE ! ! !

"Get out your Thugs Are Us gift certificates, open the Book of Thugs and log on to www.thug.com, 'cause Thug Holiday is right around the corner.

On August 6, Miami rapper Trick Daddy will follow-up his string of Thug-named albums with Thug Holiday, formerly titled Ain't No Santa Claus: TDD (short for Trick Daddy Dollars, his original moniker) and featuring the track "Ain't No Santa."

The LP's first single, "In Da Wind," features Cee-Lo and Outkast's Big Boi, who are in Trick's home city this week filming a video for the track with director Bryan Barber (Outkast, Bow Wow).

Other guests on Thug Holiday include Baby of the Big Tymers, Scarface, Infa Red of Unda Presha and Tre+6. Betty Wrights' Children's Choir also contributes on the gospel-tinged "God Been Good."

Thug Holiday track list, according to Atlantic:
"Who's Selling" (skit)
"All I Need" f/ Infa Red
"In Da Wind" f/ Big Boi and Cee-Lo
"Gangsta" f/ Baby and Scarface
"Thug Holiday" f/ Latocha Scott
"Money & Drugs"
"Champion"
"Rock N Roll"
"Rags to Riches" f/ Tre+6
"Bout Mine"
"Ain't No Santa"
"SNS"
"Get That Feeling"
"God Been Good" f/ Betty Wrights' Children's Choir
"Play No Games"
"Let Me Ride" f/ Rick Ross
"Rain It Pours"
"In Da Wind (Remix)" f/ Big Boi and Cee-Lo

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

S.G.V.

Re: THUG HOLIDAY
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2002, 09:29:09 AM »
this might be his best album...he hasnt been real tight since he was down with luke and known as trick daddy dollars....the best verse he has ever dropped was on SCARRED....but his albums have been solid...the tracklisting looks tight....butill have to hear it to make sure

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 05:30:14 AM »
This album might be his best album to date like the homie S.G.V. said. The two tracks I've heard are bomb as fuck. "Thug Holiday" and "In Da Wind" are real nice and Trick has improved his production. A lot of heads hate Trick but I feel a lot of his tracks. His albums aren't real great IMO but certain songs are real dope.

themovie

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 07:51:51 AM »
Slip-N-Slide/Atlantic recording artist Trick Daddy is back in action with "In Da Wind," the first single from his eagerly awaited new album, "THUG HOLIDAY." Produced by Jazzy Pha and mixed by John Frye (OutKast, L.A. Reid), "In Da Wind" sees the Miami-based rapper sharing the microphone with fellow Dirty South superstars Cee-Lo (of Goodie Mob) and Big Boi (of OutKast). The track is already bulleting rapidly up Billboard's "Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks" chart, while a companion video clip - directed by Bryan Barber (OutKast, Bow Wow) - is currently in production.

Slated for release on August 6th, "THUG HOLIDAY" promises to deliver more of Trick Daddy's straight-from-the-street autobiographical style, while taking his art to a whole new level. His most diverse and ground-breaking collection to date, the album spans musical styles and subject matter - from the political to the social to the spiritual - without ever losing touch with Trick's hardcore Liberty City roots. "I have a problem with artists who come from the streets and get rich and never go back," Trick says. "I still hang out where I grew up, because these are my people and you can never forget where you came from if you want to be true to yourself." Marked by a new, expansive approach, "THUG HOLIDAY" shows Trick Daddy dramatically demonstrating true growth and fresh nuance as he widens his perspective, his sound, and his list of collaborators. In addition to Cee-Lo & Big Boi, "THUG HOLIDAY" sees Trick Daddy joined by a truly stellar guest lineup that includes Baby (of The Cash Money Millionaires) & Scarface (of the infamous Geto Boys), LaTocha Scott (of Xscape), Tre+6 & Rick Ross (of Slip-N-Slide), Infa Red (of One Stop recording group Unda Presha), and legendary soul singer Betty Wright - who lends her Children's Choir to the poignant, gospel-tinged "God Been Good."

Trick Daddy's fifth album, "THUG HOLIDAY" is the follow-up to the RIAA platinum-selling "THUGS ARE US." Released in March of 2001, the album made an explosive chart debut, premiering at #4 on the Billboard 200, as well as at #2 on the "Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums" ranking. The following month, Trick Daddy - accompanied by members of the SNS Express and the world-famous K.C. and the Sunshine Band - performed his smash single, "Take It To Da House," on NBC's The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. In addition to the platinum "THUGS ARE US," Trick Daddy's previous releases include two RIAA gold sets, "BOOK OF THUGS: CHAPTER AK VERSE 47" (2000) and "WWW.THUG.COM" (originally released in 1998 and slated for re-release on Slip-N-Slide/Atlantic on August 13th). He made his solo album debut in 1997 with "BASED ON A TRUE STORY..."

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2002, 08:51:16 AM »
Ive got an advance... Its hot...