Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont Releases Dr. Dre-Prod. 1st Single TONIGHT ON RADIO  (Read 5427 times)

simon

• 'G'
  • westcoast killuminati
simon sez

download this shit!!! here is a 256kbit version with no high pitched skee talking on it. the last verse is untagged so enjoy. banng!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/14626269b7f9eea2/

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Okay. First I'm gonna say that I'm surprised this actually came out, I was sure to get another exuse from Aftermath camp.

- the beat: love the drums, nice guitar, sounds simillar to Imagine but more laid back and Westcoast sounding, summer vibe. And I actually hear a bassline, can't really tell because of the quality.
- Bishop: I don't see why everybody is saying he had the lazy flow, I think that his flow was on point. He just has a more laid back flow because it's not an agressive or club record.
- subject matter: great, quite refreshing actually

So, in the end, it's definetly not A single everyone was expecting but I think that this will probably end up being a street single, like Westside Story for Game. I remember hearing that for tghe first time, I had the same feeling as for this one and then How We Do dropped. This track is perfect for the summertime, has a simillar vibe then Game's Pain.

IMO they should dropped a nice summertime visual for this, let it ride through the summer and then drop the offical 1st single on some In Da Club, How We Do shit and drop the album in the 4th quarter.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:17:53 AM by Meho »

Matty

cheers simon, that rip you posted is a lot cleaner. i just had to tinker with it myself though, cause the volume wasn't as high as it could have been. this be THE file to download for now people 8)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=TTdHU2VpVnNqV0RIRGc9PQ

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
i'm actually one who thinks bishop flowed well to the vibe of the beat, he wasnt lazy imo, moreso just flowing chilled to a chilled out beat...

As for the beat...this is DEFINATELY not intended as leftover material. This is the 1st single for a cat on aftermath and with bishop being touted by those cats over there as the next big thing and with dre getting ready for detox, no doubt this was some shit they thought was bangin.

Is it? I actually think the beat sounds hella clean and pro and even though its a loop, its nice and got a nice vibe to it. Dres mixing is still next level shit atleast, noone can get there shit to sound so crisp. As for the beat, like matty said...its very simplistic and even though dre has always been known the make what come across as simple beats, the fact that usually theres so much happening in it yet it still comes across as simple is the genius in his previous work...like it dont sound messy. As for this, its just simple and not alot of interesting shit going on in here.

As for the record on a whole, i honestly think this is solid album material and i'm not even big on bishop yet but i think this is a dope album cut.

The problem is...this is the first single...lol.....will it blow? who knows, its summer and aftermath and interscope will push it more than anyone else in the world will without doubt but for first single...i think most just expected something a lil  more 'hype' or energetic i guess...

By the way lyrically bishop is on about the same level as game shit on here...still think he is over hyped as a lyricist...unless he can drop donkey kong/africa shit more often, that was flow/lyrical heat!!...

Anyway enough said, i think its hella clean and gotta nice laid back vibe to it...it could get big cuz its so chilled out for summer but its not something that will push bishop multi platinum...he needs a real heated/potential global street/club smash hit as a follow up...nice intro to the album though ;-)

pz

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
Dr Dre has fallen off! Every time I hear a new beat it's average, not bad but just average. I have a pretty much every track Dre has ever produced, and he has always been light years ahead of other producers, now if you compare his recent work to J.R, Kanye West, Danja or even Scott Storch he is light years behind.

This Grown up beat sounds like I need a girl part 2, but not as good, Bishop sounds good though. This is no where near strong enough for a lead single though, if this track was on any of Bishop's previous tapes it would of been one of the weakest tracks.

Anyway end of rant going to listen to It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa to try and vent some of my frustration  8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
cheers simon, that rip you posted is a lot cleaner. i just had to tinker with it myself though, cause the volume wasn't as high as it could have been. this be THE file to download for now people 8)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=TTdHU2VpVnNqV0RIRGc9PQ

Props. Sounds much better.

@Lrical G: pretty much co-sign with everything you said. Do you agree that simillar thing was happening with Westside Story. We also had a simple, looped beat and the vibe of the whole song wasn't really the single and then How We Do dropped...

Jome

^^ Yeah, Matty's version sounds MUCH better, the drums are on a whole another level..

I also doubt that this is THE single, might be the street/summer buzz single.

smegma

So all this hype was for a song that is not worth playing more than three times? :laugh:

I'll wait till a cdq version is out.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Props. Sounds much better.

@Lrical G: pretty much co-sign with everything you said. Do you agree that simillar thing was happening with Westside Story. We also had a simple, looped beat and the vibe of the whole song wasn't really the single and then How We Do dropped...

I see what you're saying as in drop this in the summer and then a follow up single followed by the album but i think as a dre song, westside story as superior in many ways. The beat was not very complex but it was still energetic and hyped and the way game just introduced himself to the world...'crip niggaz, blood niggaz' etc and the whole 'the west was always here' and the 50 on the hook at the time was still a pretty spectacular opening to the documentary. You gotta remember that westside story got mad love when it dropped and somehow how we do surpassed it. Also nobody knew name dropping was part of games persona at the time so when westside story dropped on he mentioned so many cats everyone was like 'damn that mad love' to them niggaz. Also game had aftermath AND gunit to back himup before his album dropped and his buzz was bigger than bishops by a decent amount imo.

You compared this with the game joint 'pain' which is a pretty good comparison but only thing i would say is that 'pain' is better music than this. Is game a better songwriter than bishop?? Who knows because game was getting coached by both dre and 50 when debut was dropping and i'm sure 50 gave him some tips at the time to make good ideas into hits whereas with bishop yet we don't know if he can make good music on albums.

Anyway i agree with u about your thoughts on this jam, ;-)

pz

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cool track. Not one of those "DAMN that blew me away" kind of tracks, but hella good anyway. Ain't nothing wrong with the song.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ok, everyone was expecting to have their head ripped off their shoulders with something absolutely otherworldly and insanely dope, and this isn't that

BUT this is a tight single, it's got an interesting chorus, it's all very well done, drums are dope, laid back guitar melody, I'm feeling it! It's better quality than the mixtape stuff he's put out (and that was all high quality), and I think it's thrown a lot of people just because it's a chilled out song rather than a hyped up song (which will hopefully follow this one)

They may well be going for the summer jam type of thing, same way Nuthin But A G Thang was a chilled single rather than an out and out banger

Also you gotta remember, we're all west coast hiphop heads, the song has to appeal to every mutherfucka if Bishop is to sell, and I think this could do, especially if they push it - I can picture that guitar melody getting stuck in everyone's heads the way other Dre singles have

With Game, I remember thinking Westcoast Story was kind of a throwaway In Da Club ripoff beat, and when How We Do dropped I was like, man, this beat is wack, it's like a kiddy keyboard 3 note melody! But those songs grew on me and now everyone talks about them like they're undisputed masterpieces, which is easy to do once the album had gone on to sell a shitload

I don't know if this song will blow up, but if it does we may well look back and say how it was dope, even though everyone is kind of  ??? and  :'( right now because it turned out to just be a song after all. People and DJs will probably give this a lot of play just because it's a new Dre beat, and it should hopefully pick up from there. He may then have a follow up one that seals the deal - something with Dre rapping or another high profile guest

Matty

some good points being made. i probably went a bit harsh on the track but come on, we've been waiting for something official from bishop/dre for quite a few years now! anything less than outstanding and mega-dope was always gonna be a dissapointment, even for a street single.

especially if you consider that detox is supposed to be in full swing and that detox/the reformation are supposed to be quite closely connected projects. i hope that detox has MUCH better productions than this on it. yes it is dope to an extent (better than a lot of the crap coming out at the moment) but when its dre you expect incredible, isn't that why we've been waiting so long in the first place?

now this could just be a very light warm-up for the reformation material thats gonna blow us away and if so then its still all good and im flapping needlessly (this is my gut feeling on it). however i was expecting dre to already switch up these new style drums he's been using to a completely new sound or start to expand these simple loops into bigger productions with more going on in the instrumentation.

peace.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's why Reformation coming out before Detox is tricky because if it does, I'm afraid that Dre will cut off all those Detox sounding beats because I imagine that he wants the Detox sound to be unheard untill the album drops so that the fans can be completley shocked.

For instance if Bishop is released in Novemember, Dre's gonna take at least 6 more months to complete Detox, I'm quite sure that the Detox worthy beats will be cut off.

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
this song is exactly why i say bishop will never release on aftermath . . and this song is exactly why COOL AND DRE >> DR DRE

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's why Reformation coming out before Detox is tricky because if it does, I'm afraid that Dre will cut off all those Detox sounding beats because I imagine that he wants the Detox sound to be unheard untill the album drops so that the fans can be completley shocked.

For instance if Bishop is released in Novemember, Dre's gonna take at least 6 more months to complete Detox, I'm quite sure that the Detox worthy beats will be cut off.

The thing is I don't think Dre is gonna go too crazily different - he's been doing simple hard loops for a while now... he must like that style! And it's made a lot of hits for him

I remember when 2001 dropped a LOT of Dre heads weren't feeling it because it was way more loopy than his older stuff, it didn't have that thick full, multi-layered sound with percussion panned out and live instruments that changed all the way through, etc... so people were hating on it... when Still DRE dropped people were saying those things and also stuff like, "well it's just a loop with two piano notes! ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding"... people were like, we waited 7 or whatever years for this?? And it was the same old gangsta shit in the lyrics... so people were disappointed there...

But guess what, that shit sold loads and is now thought to be some untouchable album that everyone thought was mind blowing first time they heard it, which is not the case... same with Games singles, a lot of heads were like, this is kind of meeeh, but now that shit is held up like it was always an obvious classic

So I think a lot of us are over analyzing this... if I didn't know about Detox, if I didn't know Bishop was coming out with Dre beats, and if I didn't expect them to be doing some crazy next level shit, then if I heard this on the radio I'd think it was a dope single with hard drums, etc, which it is