Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont Releases Dr. Dre-Prod. 1st Single TONIGHT ON RADIO  (Read 5451 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
loads of good drops in here but i gotta say, people dont call them joints undisputed classics because the album sold well, its vice versa, these abums sold so well because they're classic joints. A joint don't gotta be classic the first time you hear it to be a 5/5 joint. People did not expect in da club to sound like in da club when it dropped...especially coming off aftermath, everyone expected some dumbed down pop shit but then dre and 50 come up with a huge club banger. It grew on pretty much everyone and thats why not only the beat but the jam is now an all time club classic. Everytime that joint comes on in the club, best believe aint nobody sitting,lol. Same with how we do, which gets just as much love on the streets as the clubs. These joints are classics because they have that effect of getting better and better with the more spins they got to the point its everywhere and its hard not to dig the muthafucker!! Thats what great about classic big joints, because they grow.

Like ucc said, most people including myself expected something abit more hype and got a mellow joint. Its very professional no doubt about that as we expect from dre but the actual shit thats happening in the beat is not very interesting imo. Could get love especially with them releasing it in the summer which is a good move but this is nothing of a 'street' single...this is either a buzz single or intended summer jam. I hope it blows, it probably will with it being a dre joint but i hope dre and bishop hit us with that real dre heat for the second joint.

You know whats gon make me mad...if we all hear the album and see 1-2 dre bangers and all think..."why the fuck was that not released as first single"...kinda like with busta...Only thing is i think dre will make sure bishop is done the right way with his single chioces etc, because when dre gets it right, its VERY correct,lol.

Anyway this could blow but its not going to sell more than 250k first week with this type of joint which is why im sure they'll follow this up with another dre heater...or i hope so.

I understand what alot of y'all are saying in this thread, the ones who feeling it and not.

pz

Suga Foot

^^^^

This song has to come out first to pave the way for the new style. 

Dre and Co. can't just flip the game out of the blue and start making grown up music, the need this song out first. 

smegma

loads of good drops in here but i gotta say, people dont call them joints undisputed classics because the album sold well, its vice versa, these abums sold so well because they're classic joints. A joint don't gotta be classic the first time you hear it to be a 5/5 joint. People did not expect in da club to sound like in da club when it dropped...especially coming off aftermath, everyone expected some dumbed down pop shit but then dre and 50 come up with a huge club banger. It grew on pretty much everyone and thats why not only the beat but the jam is now an all time club classic. Everytime that joint comes on in the club, best believe aint nobody sitting,lol. Same with how we do, which gets just as much love on the streets as the clubs. These joints are classics because they have that effect of getting better and better with the more spins they got to the point its everywhere and its hard not to dig the muthafucker!! Thats what great about classic big joints, because they grow.

I never hear In Da Club anymore, whereas I hear California Love all the time. In Da Club failed the time test.

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
If you look at the Dre-produced singles, you can see that the last REAL hit was in 2005. And that was the Outta Control Remix. Busta and the label fucked it up and didn't release a dre single in 06. Jay-Z's "Lost One" wasn't a major hit single, just as "Boss's Life". So if Bishop really wants to BLOW up, I think this one here has to do it major.

Think about it... If this shit will flop (Remember "Feel On It") , we might never see the "The Reformation", let alone Detox.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 08:55:06 AM by --Vance-- »

smegma

Think about it... If this shit will flop (Remember "Feel On It") , we might never see the "The Reformation", let alone Detox.

There is another possibility and that is that Detox will drop before The Reformation... Detox would generate a bigger buzz for Bishop Lamont than any single could. Or who knows The Reformation gets scrapped and we'll only see Detox.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
man, i cant believe some of you guys aint feeling this...

Talking about why dre looped this beat????  90% of dre classics are looped beats...  Thats been his style since forever...

But like others said....  This will probably end up a classic in the future...  People are saying they dont like it now... But as soon as its all over the radio and everybodys talking about then their gonna talk about how dope it is and all this...

Its just a dope record all around... Im feelin it more then when i first heard In Da Club... Feelin it more then when i first heard How we do...

I really think Bishop and Dre made a dope record that can become a classic in a couple years...
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

westsiderider323

sounds pretty dope

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I think this is great record, the concept is good, Bishops delivery is dope instead of some people calling it lazy.

Expectations are never guaranteed, but as said before I think this track will grow on most of y'all.

I might be one of the biggest Bishop fans over here, and even I have to spin every track of him more than once to start liking it.

Lets wait for the word or get a interview and find out if this actually is the lead single.
If so, I can't wait for the video.. Imagine all the cameo's, and the great vibe to this record.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:47:46 AM by Cios »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
After bumping this half day long, I can say that I'm starting to REALLY feel it. I thought it was cool when I first heard it, but it's growing on me each time. Same with Bishops delivery. Like homie above said, this aint the joint for Bishop to rap circles around cats. His delivery is perfect for the vibe, and I'm diggin it.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Prof@ssor

I will be honest...im sure DETOX will disappoint 90% of you anyway because you have too high expectations..and don't get me wrong, it's your right, after all Dre and his crew hyped it so much themselves...and 85% of those will start to like a Dre produced record after paying a bit more attention when hearing it!

It's true, it's very simplistic, but it's one of those songs you can't get tired to listen to...and there's a lot of hidden content...the sound of the piano is just fantastic...there's even violin like sound in it. This in combination with the message of the song makes it a very very good summer song.

But still I agree on what many of you guys said...a record like "It Hurts'' would have been ''bigger'' to many of us, but we HAVE to take in consideration that his album has to have a mainstream appeal in order to sell.

Anyways Im just glad to hear The Reformation is not becoming an urban legend (unlike DETOX...ouhhh im pessimistic isn't it? lol!)

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Pretty dope... but far from what i was expected

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
Feeling this more the more I listen to it

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
cut out just the song from the file Sick Boy posted, +1 to him

http://www.zshare.net/audio/14620264a494d874/
propz homie

kuruptDPG

damn i thought this was gonna be a heavy trak but its ok.

Jimmy H.

I will be honest...im sure DETOX will disappoint 90% of you anyway because you have too high expectations..and don't get me wrong, it's your right, after all Dre and his crew hyped it so much themselves...and 85% of those will start to like a Dre produced record after paying a bit more attention when hearing it!

It's true, it's very simplistic, but it's one of those songs you can't get tired to listen to...and there's a lot of hidden content...the sound of the piano is just fantastic...there's even violin like sound in it. This in combination with the message of the song makes it a very very good summer song.

But still I agree on what many of you guys said...a record like "It Hurts'' would have been ''bigger'' to many of us, but we HAVE to take in consideration that his album has to have a mainstream appeal in order to sell.

Anyways Im just glad to hear The Reformation is not becoming an urban legend (unlike DETOX...ouhhh im pessimistic isn't it? lol!)
There is naturally going to be people complaining about Detox when it drops. First listen will be whatever. The best albums aren't always the ones you love every track from on the first sitting. I'd rather have a classic album that takes time for each song to grow on me than have that one where every song sounds dope when I first listen then ends up on the shelf after a month or two. 2001 was shit on for a long time too. The biggest thing that I see happening with Detox is people tearing it down because it doesn't have the exact features or track list they want. I think a lot of people are expecting a "Chronic" reunion album. I guess time will tell on it.

As for the Bishop record, I think if this single gets the right exposure, it will be huge. It just seems like the kind of song that will really grow on people the more they hear it.