Author Topic: Why was I de-modded?  (Read 2155 times)

KVB

Re: Why was I de-modded?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2002, 12:38:43 AM »
Hey KVB, shit happens man, so you unfortunatly lost your position as mod, ah well.  :-/
1) Do you still get to post here? YES
2) Do you still get to be informed on latest news? YES

So what's changed now that your not a mod anymore? Oh hang on...
*No more green stars underneath your name...and...
*You don't have to worry about cleanin' up shit posts anymore
:D

Don't worry about it.

Yeah man you got a point there. I still think I should be given another chance though, now that I've even admitted my mistake. Thanks for sharing those wise words homie, peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2002, 03:57:25 AM »
aight this shit is pretty twisted but i gues thats how it is.
kvb why is it so important bein mod? i mean its a internet board and if you're a mod you can edit, move delete shit. whats so important bout it? is it a "honour"? well aiht.
anyway you cant change it and continuin argunin bout it wont give you your mod position bizzack.
peace

KVB

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2002, 04:10:44 AM »
aight this shit is pretty twisted but i gues thats how it is.
kvb why is it so important bein mod? i mean its a internet board and if you're a mod you can edit, move delete shit. whats so important bout it? is it a "honour"? well aiht.
anyway you cant change it and continuin argunin bout it wont give you your mod position bizzack.
peace

Well I guess everybody wants to be moderator, and I just got a bit mad when Overseer de-modded me for no apparent reason. That's all. All I want is a reasonable explanation for WHY Overseer de-modded me. And he chooses to ignore this thread, so it's kinda frustrating... :-/

Sub-Z

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2002, 01:51:02 AM »
im wit my neah doggystylin on this one

just stop bitchin KVB,nothin you can do bout it now

KVB

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2002, 02:41:47 AM »
I ain't bitching, I'm not really mad no more, all I want is a fucking explanation. You call that bitching? I don't. Why did you up this thread by the way?

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2002, 07:17:37 PM »
Today, Overseer de-modded me, in other words he stripped me of my Outbound Connections moderator position. I feel this is unfair. Let me elaborate on what happened, after you have read this, please tell me what you think about this situation.

This is why I think I was de-modded (Overseer knows best, though):

When I first logged on today, I checked Outbound Connections and saw a thread called "Answer these Q's bout what you think bout bone" by Doggystylin.

http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/wcc/YaBB.pl?board=outbound;action=display;num=1024618906

I made a post responding to his questions, half innocently joking, half my real opinion. I admit I made some comments just for fun, but as I said was only joking, they were by no means meant to be taken personal. Doggystylin could obviously not accept such a post, and immediately responded with a message saying "fuck off kvb, get off jigga's dick". Now this post pissed me off. Believe it or not, I see almost everyday people calling me a Jay-Z dickrider. Sometimes have I explained to people why I am not a Jay-Z dickrider, sometimes have I just shrugged it off and ignored it, but it gets very annoying when this shit repeats itself over and over. So since this message contained a blatant personal attack which purpose was solely to offend me, I decided to remove Doggy's post. It was a hater post, totally unacceptable, so I believed I was justified in removing it. I tried to explain to him why I did it, I for one thought this board should be completely devoid of beef. I have seen many moderators remove shady messages from obnoxious people on this forum, some have even edited and humiliated him/her, why should I not be allowed to remove a hater message? Back to the topic, our discussion continued. He kept coming with immature insults like "asshole, dickhead", etc... regardless of what I tried to explain to him. He was simply unable to discuss maturely. I think the little child is aucustic or something, he couldn't understand that I was joking, that I meant no harm. I was getting tired of him and was about to say "Fuck It" and just ignore Doggy and his thread, but then suddenly I saw another post by him: "this thread was good until you came fucking it up". I interpreted that like... OK, if you feel that way, since you take it personal, I'ma clean up this thread for you. I removed every post dealing with our arguments (including my own post respond to his questions), and left the thread fresh and clean, the only posts left were those answering Doggy's questions seriously, those relevant to the thread's topic. Basically, I tried to HELP him. But Doggy was still not satisfied. While I was cleaning up the thread (removing mine and his arguing posts), he posted something like this "hey, don't delete the posts, leave the evidence" or something like that. WTF? I just did what you wanted me to do... now I was getting really exasperated, and made a post saying "Shut The Fuck Up, I just did what you wanted me to do, no more moaning" and removed his post and then my own (the one I just described). By this time I was really annoyed with Doggy and his thread, and decided to just plain ignore it.

I noticed another thread on Outbound Connections called "Mixin Bone verses with who?", also created by Doggystylin.

http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/wcc/YaBB.pl?board=outbound;action=display;num=1024878176

Being annoyed by Doggy's behavoir, I made a post saying "Bone should do a song with Cashaun the Gay Rapper". Even now I was joking, this should be completely evident to everybody who read it, I even put a smiley and j/k to make sure nobody misinterpreted my intent. Shortly after I noticed my post had vansihed. Tom had removed it, saying "enough bullshit, stick to the topic". Alright. I could understand and accept that, and posted my honest opinion about the issue. At the same time I removed the messages which was not sticking to the topic (including another hater message from Doggy aimed at me), as Tom wanted.

Shortly after, Overseer de-modded me.

Why?

I believe I was a good moderator. I was always trying to help out people to the best of my ability, answer their questions, found information, posting my opinion on every thread that interested me. I was nearly always discussing maturely and friendly, not discriminating anybody. Some arguments got a bit heated, but I was never instigating beef. Ask the other moderators or the regular posters/vistiors at the Outbound Connections board, I'm sure the majority would tell you the same.

I had never edited nor removed any post/thread before today. The only thing I had done while I was a moderator was move some wrongly placed threads to their right sections. I had also locked one, for a good reason.

I respect everybody on this board except Logic and Doggystylin. I'm not looking for beef. I come to this board for civilized hip-hop discussion. But honestly, I fail to see what I have done wrong. Even if I made a wrong move today, it surely does not justify a de-modding.

I would like to thank you all if you were bothered to read this, what I have wrote is the truth, what happened earlier today. Now please, tell me if you think Overseer was justified in de-modding me or not.

One more thing:
Overseer claimed that people had been complaining on me earlier. I cannot understand this. But if you did complain about me, please reply to this thread and tell me why. We'll discuss it maturely.

Holla back
Peace
One

This is online--who cares?
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2002, 03:50:23 AM »
kvb is a dickrider!!!!!!!!!...but he shouldnt be de modded

S.G.V.

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2002, 01:39:09 PM »
kvb is a dickrider!!!!!!!!!...but he shouldnt be de modded

lol