Author Topic: WHY DOES THE WEST NOT HAVE UNITY?  (Read 774 times)

Black Gloves

Re: WHY DOES THE WEST NOT HAVE UNITY?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »
yukmouth mentioned how the west needs to unite more often, now thats what im talking about. im glad he said that but if he says it then why doesnt he do it then?

but yh westcoast needs to unite more often. i mean if u hav a spice 1 ft. ice cube track which would be hot obv then thats gd cuz they aint rapped b4 with each other and could boost album sales.

if feel u on that enyce but some of these artist are pretty lazy 2 and expects a handout from other rappers.

and to kurupt4life//

yes its true, yukmouth did say that...but what has he done to make it happen? nothin

i hear spider loc talkin about unity, but hes the same cat that is contributing to negativity the westcoast is suffering from right now.

i hear snoop talkin about we need to make peace and bla bla, but then he talks left and right about crooked i?

see what im sayin. they (everyone) talks alot but does nothin, even tho its hard.

man the DR days was the shit. U had a whole camp of people helpin each other out during each individuals projects and it westcoast was on top.

of course EVERYBODY aint gonna like each other but thats how its always gonna be.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 05:43:37 PM »
they need to have just one big ass west coast function artists and producers(including dr. dre) and Minister Louis Farrakhan and push making the best quality of music they can make. and dead all the bullshit seriously.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

h2k4

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
they need to have just one big ass west coast function artists and producers(including dr. dre) and Minister Louis Farrakhan and push making the best quality of music they can make. and dead all the bullshit seriously.

Didn't a conference already happen?  And nothing came out of it.  I'd say the majority of the coast is unified to a certain extent.  But you do have a few stragglers out there that choose to go against it.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »

Didn't a conference already happen?  And nothing came out of it.  I'd say the majority of the coast is unified to a certain extent.  But you do have a few stragglers out there that choose to go against it.
yeah but that was headed by snoop and you already know that was some bullshit. there are some bad apples though.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »
2 many niggaz hatin on each other...thats y... 8)
That can be a reason.  That's what happened with Memphis rap some years ago, the crab bucket mentality.  1 of the reasons the south is doing well is because of unity.  Florida artists also.  It should be all about team, money & success.  If the west coast unites[most of it] they'd be hard to stop & reign supreme again.  Just like when this one dude that was on Taxicab Confessions over a decade ago who looked like Keyshawn Johnson said it best.  It black people can unite, there be no stopping us.  And I think bigots know that.

Black Gloves

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2008, 07:11:56 PM »
yeah exactly ^

i mean damn Dj Khaled aint even a fuckin rapper or a c.e.o. but that nigga promotes the SHIT out of miami artist, westcoast dj's barely plays anything aside from Snoop, Game and maybe Cube.

then you had that "new artists vs old artists" thing for a while.

then you had that "new west" whatever the fuck that is.

then spider talkin about "true west"

then theres Game vs spider loc
Snoop vs Spider
Crooked I vs Snoop
Ras Kass vs Game
Cube and Mack aint speakin (but i know this is some personal shit)
Half the new cats dont respect or want to fuck with the old/established cats and vice versa.

I honestly think most of these artist dont even go out and cop each others album.

I think Glasses is one a few who actually supports westcoast artists heavy.

shit just years ago Dresta was biggin up Game talkin good, talkin about how they was supposed to do mixtape together and all that, then years later it was "fuck you".

first Lil Eazy was fuckin with Game, then he flipped it and all of a sudden he wasnt.

See the problem is, most westcoast rappers take the whole "gangbangin/street" mentality with em into the industry. And shit the record excecutives are scared as FUCK that they might experience the shit they went through when DR reigned supreme (ppl got smacked up, rappers died, controversy here and there)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 10:23:59 PM by Smoke Um »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »
nowhere has unity
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2008, 09:58:54 PM »
It just isn't a situation where it makes sense. Snoop and Game doing the "West Unity" thing really didn't do much long term. The artists who benefited were the cats who were already established like Cube, Too Short, Dogg Pound, etc. They both brought a heavy West Coast influence on their immediate album after that but when it didn't do as big as they projected, they went to new formulas for their next ones. At this point, Game seems to be more into reaching out to artists from other regions like Wayne and such. He doesn't have a lane to bring out new artists. Snoop hasn't brought up new proteges or acts since Eastsidaz and even they were pretty much just guys who were down since the Death Row DPG camp days. Cube's only big prospect is W.C. who been doing it since the 80's.

I think the unity issue comes down to the older artists not creating a window for the younger ones and the young cats throwing shots as a response.   

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2008, 10:19:20 PM »
yeah exactly ^

i mean damn Dj Khaled aint even a fuckin rapper or a c.e.o. but that nigga promotes the SHIT out of miami artist, westcoast dj's barely plays anything aside from Snoop, Game and maybe Cube.

then you had that "new artists vs old artists" thing for a while.

then you had that "new west" whatever the fuck that is.

then spider talkin about "true west"

then theres Game vs spider loc
Snoop vs Spider
Crooked I vs Snoop
Ras Kass vs Game
Cube and Mack aint speakin (but i know this is some personal shit)
Half the new cats dont respect or want to fuck with the old/established cats and vice versa.

I honestly think most of these artist dont even go out and cop each others album.

I think Glasses is one a few who actually supports westcoast artists heavy.

shit just years ago Dresta was biggin up Game talkin good, talkin about how they was supposed to do mixtape together and all that, then years later it was "fuck you".

first Lil Eazy was fuckin with Game, then he flipped it and all of a sudden he wasnt.

See the problem is, most westcoast rappers take the whole "gangbangin/street" mentality with em into the industry. And shit the record excecutives are afraid as FUCK that they might experience the shit they went through when DR reigned supreme (ppl got smacked up, rappers died, controversy here and there)

real talk...especially the last part... 8)

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!