Author Topic: Nas_-_Untitled-2008-[GroupRip]  (Read 3117 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas_-_Untitled-2008-[GroupRip]
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »
Yeah, Nas needs to work with better producers. Now that Nas is on Def Jam he should start workin with Just Blaze/Kanye more. Plus some more mainstream stuff would be nice - he got at coolndre/polow on this one, he should keep that going. hook back up with timbo, dre, etc...

I'm not expecting much out of this release, but maybe I'll be surprised.

yeah great idea, do what every other motherfucker in the game is doing.  that's a big reason why nearly everything that drops is bullshit. 

Real talk

kemizt

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
queens get the money is probably the worst track... i dont know how anyone can call that a beat.

did anyone else think Game was Nas when he first started his verse?
everytime i hear game n nas on the same track i get confused lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »
queens get the money is probably the worst track... i dont know how anyone can call that a beat.

did anyone else think Game was Nas when he first started his verse?

the 1st time i listened to it, i did. and queens get the money is the intro, so the beat isnt goin to be unbeleievable, his flow was what made that song mad good.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
After about 5-6 spins of the album, its awsome. Best shit i've heard in a long time...my review of the album is...

1. Queens Get The Money (3.5/5} Lyrics are sick
2. You Cant Stop Us Now (4/5)great song but too short should have had 1 more verse
3. Breathe (4.5/5)
4. Make The World Go Round (4/5}If nas wants to sell some albums then wtf is he waiting for..DROP THIS SHIT
5. Hero (4.5/5)great song just wish at the end there was 1 more hook
6. America (4.5/5] really great song nas has always been great when he speaks the truth
7.Sly Fox (5/5)great beat great lyrics and great song
8. Testify (4.5/5)
9. N.I.G.G.E.R. (4/5)thought be a nigger too was the better song but now that iv listened to it more this was the better cut to put on the album.
10. Louis Farrakhan (4.5/5)this is on some straight 2pac shit
11. Fried Chicken (4/5} great song but wish there was more of a hook in it lol
12. Project Roach (4/5}short song but is unbelievable how much nas makes u think
13. Y'all My Niggas (5/5}Fav track on the album..Tell me the las time u heard nas have energy like this in a song
14. We're Not Alone (5/5}another one of my favs..no1 can top nas when he gets emotional
15. Black President (4/5}lovin the pac sample great song

Album Overall: 4.5/5
This is some REAL HIPHOP nas drops a very great album...to me its album of the year so far simply becaus i get tired of rappers rappin bout cars money n hos so this album is different and is fukin amazing...the beats on the album might not have been bangin but they were the type of beats nas likes to use because it fits his style, i dont get why people wnna hear him on beats by just blaze n swizz beats shit lik tht because to me nas would sound lik shit on those kind of beats.Thank you nas for givin me somethin to listen to for a while...ill be anticipatin ur next cd "crackers"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2008, 08:32:38 PM »
^ i should sue you for stealin my shit, and adding you own stuff :P. you were pretty much on the same page as me tho, and that whole thing u wrote on the bottom is some REAL TALK! 8)

sav

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2008, 08:34:09 PM »
My review :

01. Queens Get The Money (4/5)
02. You Can't Stop Us Now (4.5/5)
03. Breathe (4.5/5)
04. Make The World Go Round (4/5)
05. Hero (4.5/5)
06. America (5/5)
07.Sly Fox (4.5/5)
08. Testify (4.5/5)
09. N.I.G.G.E.R. (4/5)
10. Louis Farrakhan (4.5/5)
11. Fried Chicken (3.5/5)
12. Project Roach (3.5/5)
13. Y'all My Niggas (4.5/5)
14. We're Not Alone (4.5/5)
15. Black President (5/5)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
My review :

01. Queens Get The Money (4/5)
02. You Can't Stop Us Now (4.5/5)
03. Breathe (4.5/5)
04. Make The World Go Round (4/5)
05. Hero (4.5/5)
06. America (5/5)
07.Sly Fox (4.5/5)
08. Testify (4.5/5)
09. N.I.G.G.E.R. (4/5)
10. Louis Farrakhan (4.5/5)
11. Fried Chicken (3.5/5)
12. Project Roach (3.5/5)
13. Y'all My Niggas (4.5/5)
14. We're Not Alone (4.5/5)
15. Black President (5/5)

u was feelin that "Black President" track right?? the whole tupac thing was just awsome! 8)

sav

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »
Fuck, yeah! This track is perfect. The beat almost destroy my speakers.  :laugh:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2008, 09:48:26 AM »
Yeah, Nas needs to work with better producers. Now that Nas is on Def Jam he should start workin with Just Blaze/Kanye more. Plus some more mainstream stuff would be nice - he got at coolndre/polow on this one, he should keep that going. hook back up with timbo, dre, etc...

I'm not expecting much out of this release, but maybe I'll be surprised.

yeah great idea, do what every other motherfucker in the game is doing.  that's a big reason why nearly everything that drops is bullshit. 

Exactly. Nas has his own dark sound workin with the producers he works with. Why fuck it up tryin to make an album that sounds like a TI or JayZ album. Two completely different styles.

But the point is that HES never done it before. Getting mainstream beats but not changing his style of spit would be dope imo. At least it allows him to try something different - even Nastradamus was half normal nas shit.

You Owe Me off Nastradamus was a Timbo beat.  It doesn't fit Nas' style.  Just like Oochie Wally didn't fit his style.  He went the route you're talking about w/ Nastradamus and that was easily his worst album of his career.  Hip Hop is Dead had him w/ Scott Storch and Will I Am.  Doesn't his new one have DJ Toomp?  How's that for some mainstream production? 

No but really, the main reason Nas stays relevant is because he doesn't hop on every trend out there to try to conform w/ whats on the radio and MTV/BET.  Instead of dumbing his shit down, he's being innovative going with lesser known cats (but not exclusively) and taking on some real subjects. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
I would also like to see Nas working with A list producers. But I'm not talking about Timbaland on some techno shit but his Nas sounds only with better quality. He had Will.I.Am, Scott Storch, Dre, Kanye... on HHID and it worked great because he didn't adapt to them but the producers adapted to the Nas sound. Same with Nigger, we have Polow Da Don and IMO Hero is the best club/hype joint since In Da Club. Maybe add some Just Blaze, Hi-Tek and Khalil.

And I'm not saying he should quit working with his regular producers, Sticman on Nigger was great but Salaam Remi is just awful these days.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2008, 10:57:29 AM »
I would also like to see Nas working with A list producers. But I'm not talking about Timbaland on some techno shit but his Nas sounds only with better quality. He had Will.I.Am, Scott Storch, Dre, Kanye... on HHID and it worked great because he didn't adapt to them but the producers adapted to the Nas sound. Same with Nigger, we have Polow Da Don and IMO Hero is the best club/hype joint since In Da Club. Maybe add some Just Blaze, Hi-Tek and Khalil.

And I'm not saying he should quit working with his regular producers, Sticman on Nigger was great but Salaam Remi is just awful these days.

Don't we get enough albums with those producers?  Super producers are bad for hip hop.

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2008, 10:59:44 AM »
Im happy with the beats on the album. If I didn't know who did the beats, I would of guessed they were big time producers.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2008, 11:01:17 AM »
Not really. Everybody these days have unknown cheap producers and maybe a track or two from a super producer like J.R., Timbaland, Swizz Beatz... The only one that has nothing but A list producers on his albums is Game and it worked so far but you just gotta have that cohesive sound and vibe and not be all over the place. And I'm not even talking about having all these producers, fuck it, a Nas cd produced by only Just Blaze could be a classic.

Lunatic

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
fuck it, a Nas cd produced by only Just Blaze could be a classic.
i wish that would happen
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

sav

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2008, 11:06:54 AM »
Im happy with the beats on the album. If I didn't know who did the beats, I would of guessed they were big time producers.

I agree.

Same with Nigger, we have Polow Da Don and IMO Hero is the best club/hype joint since In Da Club.

:o