Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Grow Up" Untagged Exclusive, CDQ DIRTY AND CLEAN  (Read 4901 times)

smegma

The beat is very dope, but Dre should have saved it for another rapper, i.e. Six2 or Snoop. Bishop Lamont needs to go back into the studio with J. Wells cause he actually sounded motivated when they still worked together.

I think Bishop Lamont and Eminem are the only two artists ever that have sounded unmotivated over a Dre beat.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:36:01 PM by smegma »

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
this shit is super tight been on repeat an hour now.
lyrics are real dope and the beat is mixed so perfectly.
finally a Dre produced Bishop song!
same here homie.... a nice summer jam and sumthin' that talks on some real shit...

Suga Foot

• Hennessy Chaser
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline

I'll do the dishes now with this song on repeat and then give my opinion :banana_trippin:

haha I always do that.....no dishwasher at my place.

The song is  :firedevil:

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline

I'll do the dishes now with this song on repeat and then give my opinion :banana_trippin:

haha I always do that.....no dishwasher at my place.

The song is  :firedevil:

wish i could use the dishwasher... moms says that's being lazy.... so we handwash over here... native parents... such a pain.... old school... well... just sent the clean version to the a station down here... couple more stations but they haven't answered back yet....

EFFeX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • In None We Trust
I see what that other dude was saying when I loaded it up in Adobe Audition, the volume is only at 50% for some reason... Gotta put it up twice as loud on my speakers to hear it normal. I'll have to up the volume...

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
Perfect summer time song. Windows down, System up

West Coast Veteran

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
The beat is tight, the content/lyrics is tight... the only problem I got is the chorus...

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
The track is bangin! thanks for hook it up for us Eddie!  8)

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Any1 mind uploading the version with the volume boosted?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
You're gonna have to get that via PM, Aftermath has requested we keep anything but the official leak out of here

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
You're gonna have to get that via PM, Aftermath has requested we keep anything but the official leak out of here

OK my bad

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Thanks Dubcnn. Sounds even better in CDQ, I like how the beat rides in the beginning. I was hoping for the instrumental too though  :-\

And if you want a better quality of the explicit, I won't say any names but Matty can help you  :)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
I'm glad I waited until today to hear the CDQ version. I'm really feelin' this one. Beat is off the chain, lyrics are dope as hell. Can't get no better than that. People in the other thread were making it sound as if it was mediocre and I beg to differ. 8)

Quadruple OG

beat is hot, can definately tell it has the summer vibe that was initially mentioned....its a cool song but the chorus sucks

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
This actually reminds me quite a bit of Dilated People's single 'Worst Comes To Worst', after I've finished listening to this, that beat comes into my head

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Some of the synth parts sound like they were sampled from Kool & the Gang's Summer Madness. Just my observation. 8)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
My two cents:

The commercial game needs this.  If a new golden era of hip-hop will ever come it will arrive in the diversity among radio playlists.  They'll bump this shit next to a soulja boy song.  Both are hip-hop and are perspectives that should be expressed. 

Like another person mentioned, this is the vibe Jay was going for on Kingdom Come and he didn't quite succeed.  But, it was a start and though unfortunately not well received, I was disappointed when he dropped back from that stance.  I'm excited for Bishop's full length and Detox.

Lyrics: A
Beat: B (serves the songs vibe)
Vocals: A (serves the vibe)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
propz

ThaRealSupreme

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Good shit with a good message!
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

h2k4

I like this song.  Don't see it getting alot of play on the radio though.  The beat is slightly repetitive.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Do 4 Love
lyrics are good, beat is good...

...ii dont see whats so special about bishop as a rapper. sure he can write, but hes so generic with his flow/voice/style

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
I havent read the other posts so sorry if this has been said (im at work, gotta be quick).

The beat is a sampled from I need a girl Pt2. Would have liked Dre to be more original than this!

pretty let down. All i hear when i hear Grow Up is stupid ass Diddy!

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
westside 8)

D~Nice

I havent read the other posts so sorry if this has been said (im at work, gotta be quick).

The beat is a sampled from I need a girl Pt2. Would have liked Dre to be more original than this!

pretty let down. All i hear when i hear Grow Up is stupid ass Diddy!

Yeah a little bit. And if Diddy did the beat it for damn sure ain't original.

As for the track it's cool. Laid back as many others have said. Nice summer single.

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
the chrous is also sampled from Summer Madness Kool and the gang

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bfzWj5a_Y4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5bfzWj5a_Y4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>